Red Alert
donttreadonred
RedOranje
Art Morte
McAgger
32 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 15 Empty Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:58 am

Our best striker yet can't even start Laughing

Makes sense.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 15 Empty Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Nishankly Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:49 am

Red Alert wrote:You're all idiots. Laughing

Still our best striker (yes better than Origi).

Sick of this constant knee jerk. (Although to be fair to Curtinho he's never rated him. Which I guess could be even more baffling.)

He is the best striker, but nothing points to the fact he should be starting over Firmino right now. His style does not suit Klopp. Expect him to leave by the end of the year. Origi will bump to second choice.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:00 am

Nishankly wrote:
Red Alert wrote:You're all idiots. Laughing

Still our best striker (yes better than Origi).

Sick of this constant knee jerk. (Although to be fair to Curtinho he's never rated him. Which I guess could be even more baffling.)

He is the best striker, but nothing points to the fact he should be starting over Firmino right now. His style does not suit Klopp. Expect him to leave by the end of the year. Origi will bump to second choice.

I'm not arguing we play better with him instead of Firmino up top; I rate Roberto and I personally believe he's our best player and is starting on merit because he does make us tick / we play better as a team.

I'm just sick of the 180 U turn on "he's the best striker in the league" / "I love him" to "he's shit, get rid"

Daniel Sturridge DOES have a role to play with Liverpool, I'm not sure it's style that does not suit Klopp; he does press but he hasn't looked fit since he's come back from his last injury. When was the last time he showed that burst of acceleration? He'll come good in time.

People underestimate how much match fitness is to Klopp's philosophy; it's a very demanding style of play and is a key to how we play.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:10 am

Well that double at Spurs shows he's still got a role to play this season, don't believe he's the type to be happy to be second fiddle for too long though.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:41 am

Abramovich wrote:Well that double at Spurs shows he's still got a role to play this season, don't believe he's the type to be happy to be second fiddle for too long though.
then he should up his game
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:11 pm

Just to be clear it's not that I've never rated him. I've always just said he's had flaws as a striker and isn't as good as some people have said. He's a great goal scorer but I feel like, especially in Klopp's system, his other attributes let him down and hinder the team.

I've never been a big fan of his though, no. Good player, great at times, but just annoys me. Is he still better than Origi? Maybe, probably a bit more composed, but Origi works better for the team under Klopp, IMO. Firmino is not only a better player, and the best player on the team, but he also works much better for what Klopp is doing and how our front 3 works.

Still, having Sturridge + Origi as our back up option for cup games or to change up formation and such is pretty great depth.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:39 pm

Firmino is one of our best players, top 3 for sure, but you need to stop saying he's the absolute best in a fact of fact kind of way.

Suarez in 13/14 was the last player we had that was head and shoulders better than his teammates and could be said was our best player.

I think this season we have 4 players playing at a level that you could call any of them our best player and you wouldn't be wrong: Coutinho, Firmino, Matip, and Mane.

For me though if anybody stands out of the pack it's Coutinho. He edges it because he's been the most consistent performer. Has the most assists, the most goals, the most hockey assists, the most chances created, etc.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:44 pm

Firmino has been just as dangerous as Coutinho but has had less chances converted (and been unlucky with his own). Off the ball he does far more, and he facilitates the creation of space for both Mané and Coutinho far more with his role and positioning than the reverse.

It's hard not to watch Liverpool and see that Firmino is the best player on that team. Coutinho is definitely great and having a great season though.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:59 am

Most in form =/= best player?

Coutinho's form has been a breathe of fresh air lately but I'd like to see this go longer than a month. lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Proud Chaka Molenation
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:44 am

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/03/02/liverpool-slap-bold-summer-price-tag-on-daniel-sturridges-head/

empire of the kop wrote:The same report suggests we’re looking to receive £30m from his sale, which is slightly less than we got for Christian Benteke in 2016.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:31 am

Sturridge is useless in Klopp's 433; whether you he is used on the flanks or in the middle. But since Klopp has decided to keep him (and not to mention he is a great scorer) I was wandering if it's worth to tinker with the 'system' when Sturridge is involved.

I think the best system with the current squad is 4231:

Mignolet
Clyne Matip Lovren Robertson
Henderson Coutinho
Salah Firmino Mane
Sturridge

Coutinho can play on the LW like last season while Emre can play in place of Henderson (a more defensive minded role) or Coutinho (a more B2B role).

The other option would be 442 diamond:

Mignolet
Clyne Matip Lovren Robertson
Henderson
Emre Coutinho
Firmino
Sturridge Salah/Mane

Emre can play the defensive role with Wijnaldum and Lallana in front of him, Coutinho at the tip and Firmino playing along side Sturridge.

The point of having different players is to facilitate different tactics or tactical fluidity. It's no use trying to fit different type of players in a standard 'system'.

Whatever :coffee:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:33 am

Man thats a no brainer, and it showed yesterday with how shit we played, both sturridge and Firmino had no effect on the game, and that's all klopp's fault for the system he used.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 am

mr-r34 wrote:Man thats a no brainer, and it showed yesterday with how shit we played, both sturridge and Firmino had no effect on the game, and that's all klopp's fault for the system he used.
Exactly, he wasted two fantastic players yesterday Sad
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:14 am

Four goals in seven games (pitch-time: 186 mins). :bow:

Hope Klopp keeps giving him (substantial) minutes to keep him sharp and hungry.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:13 am

Damn. He deserves a start against Napoli.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:24 pm

So Deadly Dan will be a free-agent/out of contract in July. Any idea where he will end up next.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:21 pm

iftikhar wrote:So Deadly Dan will be a free-agent/out of contract in July. Any idea where he will end up next.

If Gerrard is still at Rangers he may end up there for a year, if not, he'll probably end up in the MLS.
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:52 am

LoveSlug wrote:
iftikhar wrote:So Deadly Dan will be a free-agent/out of contract in July. Any idea where he will end up next.

If Gerrard is still at Rangers he may end up there for a year, if not, he'll probably end up in the MLS.
I don't think Rangers can afford his wages and he is still too good for MLS. I think he would (still) be a good addition (and an affordable one too) for clubs like Watford, Leicester or Bournemouth. Hell, he can be a better option than Morata and Costa at Atletico.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:45 am

iftikhar wrote:
LoveSlug wrote:

I don't think Rangers can afford his wages and he is still too good for MLS. I think he would (still) be a good addition (and an affordable one too) for clubs like Watford, Leicester or Bournemouth. Hell, he can be a better option than Morata and Costa at Atletico.

They found the money for Defoe's wages so they may be able to afford Sturridge's. I don't think he is good enough for another EPL club because look how poor he was when he was at WBA, he may be able to still cut it out in Spain, Germany or Italy but why not take the money on offer in the MLS?
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:45 pm

LoveSlug wrote:
iftikhar wrote:
LoveSlug wrote:

They found the money for Defoe's wages so they may be able to afford Sturridge's. I don't think he is good enough for another EPL club because look how poor he was when he was at WBA, he may be able to still cut it out in Spain, Germany or Italy but why not take the money on offer in the MLS?
OK Rangers seems like a good destination then. But you shouldn't compare his WBA stint with anything. He has been sharp this season and even the mid-table teams wont be using him week in week out.

PS: You know what, I was thinking about Inter Wink
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:14 pm

iftikhar wrote:
LoveSlug wrote:
iftikhar wrote:

OK Rangers seems like a good destination then. But you shouldn't compare his WBA stint with anything. He has been sharp this season and even the mid-table teams wont be using him week in week out.

PS: You know what, I was thinking about Inter Wink

Again if he isn't playing week in and week out then he may aswell go to the MLS for more money.

Just don't put a bet on him going to Inter Wink
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed May 22, 2019 8:23 pm

Hopefully he gets few minutes in the Final. Would be amazing if he can chip-in with a goal. :wub:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:14 pm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48920558

BBC wrote:Former Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has offered a £30,000 reward for the return of his dog, which he says was stolen during a break-in at his house in Los Angeles.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15