Senor Penguin
TalkingReckless
25 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Apple Trolling Samsung - Page 2 Empty Re: Apple Trolling Samsung

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:48 am

Apple Trolling Samsung - Page 2 37a3f0ba24d2cb38b608d71c6693d128

Motorola awarded injunction in Germany, Samsung overturned Apple's injunction over here.

Things are looking good Razz.

Last edited by beatrixasdfghjk. on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:38 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Already posted bro :coffee:

its a different one
this one is about google music
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:35 am

At least Apple has done some damage to Samsung.

I still think "Samsung Galaxy S" blatantly infringes iPhone's design (not patent).

p.s. : design and patent are different in IP law
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:14 am

Dutti wrote:At least Apple has done some damage to Samsung.

I still think "Samsung Galaxy S" blatantly infringes iPhone's design (not patent).

physical home buttons are a form factor
not invented by apple, so no it doesnt infringe, it just uses that sort of form factor,
Apple is butthurt because the S2 and S outsold the iphone
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:21 am

Outsold the iPhone?
I don't think so...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:56 am

punkfusion1992 wrote:
Dutti wrote:At least Apple has done some damage to Samsung.

physical home buttons are a form factor
not invented by apple, so no it doesnt infringe, it just uses that sort of form factor,
Apple is butthurt because the S2 and S outsold the iphone

lol...

That's all you have to say? a button?

Not to mention your argument is not even valid since "form" is included in the definition of "design" by IP law.

A "design" by law encompasses overall product appearance. Obviously, galaxy S appearance bears too much resemblance to iPhone's appearance. Hence, by IP law "galaxy S" infringes iPhone's design.

p.s. : Again, let me stress that patent and design are different in IP law
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:09 am

Of course Samsung stole Apple's design, but that's not saying that Apple hasn't stole anything.
I wish they'd just shut up, and get on with developing.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:24 am

http://live.theverge.com/apple-samsung-verdict-live/
http://gizmodo.com/5937762/samsung-vs-apple-apple-winning-big-updating

Verdict in and Samsung found to have infringed Apple patents on lots of devices.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:40 am

Even though i knew Samsung would lose, however i am really upset that they withheld many of Apple ludicrous Patents, like Pinch to Zoom, Tap to Zoom.

So Apple owns them and if anyone else uses them they will get sued or have to pay Apple per device... Apple wanted $20-$40 per device for their patents from Samsung, which is laughable

TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:54 am

Apple seems to absolutely hate competition....
they just seem to want only attention towards them, and want to forcefully make customers their no.1 preference on products

they probably dont like the fact that competition gives customers choice, and therefore competitors take off some of the potential profits from them.

I am not apple user, their invention fascinates me but some of the privacy, price problem, and making customers to force to buy item by making it incompatible with previous version of item, and their jealously of competition is not good.

makes me think twice before buying their product...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:58 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Of course Samsung stole Apple's design, but that's not saying that Apple hasn't stole anything.

yeah... lol

plus they are america's no.1 valued company with worth 600 billion, yea they should just stfu and move on towards making new inventions.

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:02 am

In other countries such as UK and EU, Apple patents are being shot down but obviously as they are an American Company( the biggest one) they are being let go in US
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:52 am

anyone seen this video?

/end thread

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 am

How do you think this will affect prices on Samsung products already manufactured?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:14 am

Le Samourai wrote:How do you think this will affect prices on Samsung products already manufactured?

won't do nothing big, none of the new phones were in this trial.

Samsung has made more money from copying Apple then they are losing. They were nobodies in the Cell Phone world a few years ago and now they are the biggest makers.

So the 1 billion is worth it

Plus most of Apple's products have alot of Samsung built things in it
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:52 am

JespSwe wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Of course Samsung stole Apple's design, but that's not saying that Apple hasn't stole anything.

yeah... lol

plus they are america's no.1 valued company with worth 600 billion, yea they should just stfu and move on towards making new inventions.
This is not true. They have the highest share price adjusted for inflation, but the fact is that share price does not equate to value of the company. Journalists around the world failed huge on that one. :facepalm:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:29 am

I see the butthurt extends all the way from the courtroom to this forum. Laughing

Also, the jury found that Samsung infringed 6 out of 7 Apple's patents brought into the suit, and on the contrary, Apple infringed 0 out of 5 Samsung's patents. banana
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:16 am

Dutti wrote:I see the butthurt extends all the way from the courtroom to this forum. Laughing

Also, the jury found that Samsung infringed 6 out of 7 Apple's patents brought into the suit, and on the contrary, Apple infringed 0 out of 5 Samsung's patents. banana

there is butthurt and then there is dumbassery.... The US patent system is dumb...

And i don't understand how the jury were able to analyze and answer 700 question in less then 24 hours, they probably had their mind decided even before they went in and just gave Apple everything. Many were predicting it to take weeks or months but they did it in 21 hours.

Plus i don't get how you could put a decision so big in the hands of 9 people

Btw pinch to zoom, tap to zoom and Apple's trade dress (Anything rectangle with rounded angles and flat black screen) are now Apple's and no one can use them unless they pay Apple an insane amount
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:20 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
JespSwe wrote:

yeah... lol

This is not true. They have the highest share price adjusted for inflation, but the fact is that share price does not equate to value of the company. Journalists around the world failed huge on that one. :facepalm:

thats well pointed out man.... Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Legend wrote:
Dutti wrote:I see the butthurt extends all the way from the courtroom to this forum. Laughing

there is butthurt and then there is dumbassery.... The US patent system is dumb...

And i don't understand how the jury were able to analyze and answer 700 question in less then 24 hours, they probably had their mind decided even before they went in and just gave Apple everything. Many were predicting it to take weeks or months but they did it in 21 hours.

Btw pinch to zoom, tap to zoom and Apple's trade dress (Anything rectangle with rounded angles and flat black screen) are now Apple's and no one can use them unless they pay Apple an insane amount

Well, the true nature of law is that it is not entirely fair, and it is quite impossible to create absolutely flawless law. In India, they have this one-sided scale to symbolize this fact.

So why do we have patent laws then?

The answer is to grant monopoly for owners over their inventions so that they can use them to earn profits which ensures even more inventions. Usually, such monopoly has a time limit after which their inventions are considered to be "common knowledge". In Australia, the monopoly period is 10 years.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Dutti wrote:

The answer is to grant monopoly for owners over their inventions so that they can use them to earn profits which ensures even more inventions. Usually, such monopoly has a time limit after which their inventions are considered to be "common knowledge". In Australia, the monopoly period is 10 years.

that's very nice, except apple didn't invent anything, they're claiming a patent on rectangular shape

this is the equivalent of someone going to court and patenting the fusion of two atoms of hydrogen with one atom of oxygen and getting it approved by 10 idiots randomly pulled off the street

helpful video:

che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Dutti wrote:
Legend wrote:

Well, the true nature of law is that it is not entirely fair, and it is quite impossible to create absolutely flawless law. In India, they have this one-sided scale to symbolize this fact.

like che pointed out apple didn't make those and in other countries their patents have been nulled but not US.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Legend wrote:
Dutti wrote:
Legend wrote:

like che pointed out apple didn't make those and in other countries their patents have been nulled but not US.

Like it or not, that's the way the game works. Besides, Apple did pour in huge investment into R&D to produce many features of its products. So, even small things like copying that rounded edge (which btw, is a common knowledge for manufacturing engineers) does hurt Apple because they spent money, time, and labor building prototypes to justify whether rounded edge was good or not.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:18 am

Samsung in a response point out "rectangular shapes with rounded edges" to merely make people assume that all of Apple's lawsuits were based on what they deem "petty" patents.

Truth is that these patents were taken out in 2007, roughly 200 of them, all pretty much revolving around the iPhone. Steve Jobs said himself.

Samsung copied apple. In everything? No. But enough to prove that there were infrigements.

People can argue left and right but in the end those patents are valid and were infringed. End of story.

If anything this is a Win - Win for the consumer.

Apple wins make money still makes products.
Other companies "lose" but are then forced to innovate,create, etc which is what we all want anyway.

So stop being butthurt for Samsung.

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:18 am

It's a win for the consumer when good technologies are only present on a single phone, and Apple takes out injunctions against their largest competitor to reduce consumer choice?
Might I repeat that Apple has had patents granted for things they didn't invent, such as Slide to Unlock, and that they completely ripped off Android's notification bar.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:14 am

Reuters and CNet have interviewed members of the Apple / Samsung patent trial jury who awarded Apple over $1 billion in damages over patent infringement claims against Samsung.

Reuters spoke with jury foreman Velvin Hogan who explained that they found Apple's arguments persuasive about the need to protect innovation. Furthermore, Hogan says it was "absolutely" clear based on Samsung executive testimony that the infringement was purposeful.

In the CNet interview with another Apple v. Samsung juror, Manuel Ilagan reiterated that it was "clear there was infringement". When asked for specifics, he said:

"Well, there were several. The e-mails that went back and forth from Samsung execs about the Apple features that they should incorporate into their devices was pretty damning to me. And also, on the last day, they showed the pictures of the phones that Samsung made before the iPhone came out and ones that they made after the iPhone came out. Some of the Samsung executives they presented on video [testimony] from Korea -- I thought they were dodging the questions. They didn't answer one of them. They didn't help their cause."

Both jurors claim that their decision was deliberate and not rushed. According to Ilagan, the process was helped by the experience within the jury pool. Hogan, the jury foreman, had previously worked as an engineer and holds a patent himself. Meanwhile, others on the jury were said to also have engineering and legal experience.

In determining the award amount, Hogan reports that they felt Apple's demands of $2.75 billion was "extraordinarily high", especially taking into account the uncertainty in Apple's ability to have sold significantly more iPhones due to component supply constraints. That said, Hogan told Reuters they did want a send a message.

"We didn't want to give carte blanche to a company, by any name, to infringe someone else's intellectual property," Hogan told Reuters a day after the verdict.

rofl I guess "dodging questions [like assholes]" might have worked if they were arguing in a personal debate. But, this was a trial ffs :facepalm: Those Samsung execs are real idiots.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next