Freeza
The Franchise
Warrior
El Gunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Tue 21 Jun 2022, 18:03

Regardless of advanced stats and accolades i think it's more impressive and harder to dominate against Horford and Williams than to dominate against Smart (just using the most recent example)
i get what you are trying to say with this (dominating vs bigs is better for you vs dominating vs guards)... but this also just makes me think you didn't watch or study all of the finals games in full. There are multiple ways to dominate. One of the most popular stories from this finals was how Celtics chose not to blitz Curry, and he completely rinsed Horford and Williams in the pick n roll.

Curry vs Horford
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/steph-curry-shot-attempts-against-horford-2022-finals
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/steph-curry-field-goal-percentage-against-horford-2022-finals

Curry vs Williams
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/steph-curry-shot-attempts-against-robert-williams-2022-finals
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/steph-curry-field-goal-percentage-against-robert-williams-2022-finals

Giannis vs Horford
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/giannis-shot-attempts-against-horford-2022-playoffs
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/giannis-field-goal-percentage-against-horford-2022-playoffs

Giannis vs Williams
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/giannis-shot-attempts-against-robert-williams-2022-playoffs
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/giannis-field-goal-percentage-against-robert-williams-2022-playoffs

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Warrior Tue 21 Jun 2022, 19:24

Well Curry is a big mismatch for those guys, you simply cannot give him space and his abillity to create his own shoot is elite, it was a bad strategy to not have him man-marked by Smart all the time.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 21 Jun 2022, 21:57

they tried the Smart strategy, it failed too. There's no one in this league that can guard Steph Curry. You have to scheme against him, and hope it works out. That's why Ty Lue said they focused mostly their defense around blitzing Steph during those Cavs - Warriors finals, even with KD there.

I presume the reason Celtics didn't blitz more often is that they thought the rest of the Warriors team was too good to take advantage in 4 v 3 situation. Which is what kinda happened in game 5 to some extent.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu 30 Jun 2022, 05:14

Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari and picks. The backcourt with Trae Young will be amazing for years to come.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 30 Jun 2022, 08:19

yea, on paper, i like that guard partnership too

tank szn for Spurs it seems
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat 02 Jul 2022, 17:41

I don't really like the Gobert trade. Wolves were already a good defensive team and Towns playing 5 is one of the biggest mismatch in the league offensively.

As for Utah Jazz i wonder what they're doing tbh
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat 02 Jul 2022, 22:29

i love the trade
Wolves were only the 13th best defensive team this past season

on paper it makes sense to me... Celtics proved last season that the two bigs formula can work. And on paper Gobert and KAT should be a better version of Williams and Horford. In fact, moving to the 4 while having a DPOY at the 5 next to him might just be what KAT has needed his whole career.

Now Wolves just need to find a solid 3-and-D 1 or 3 to complement Ant. D'angelo Russell is cookie dough
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun 03 Jul 2022, 10:02

No fucking way the Lakers will manage to trade Westbrook for irving, wtf is this Laughing

The Nets project turned sour real fast. Ben Simmons gonna be traumatized for at least another three years after this lmao.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon 04 Jul 2022, 21:23

Irving, Harden, Durant they are elite players but they have such bum mentality. I'd never want any of them in my team

Raptors are in the rumors, if they ask for Scottie i'd hang up the phone
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 04 Jul 2022, 22:19

Warriors 'pparently interested too in a Durant return... gtfoh Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue 05 Jul 2022, 00:06

A good thing about Warriors this year was that group of youngsters supporting the big 3 and you could expect them to take the lead smoothly in 2-3 years. I'm talking about Poole and Kuminga and even Moody showed interesting skills. Those are the guys Nets will ask to be included in the trade + Wiggins + picks

To scrap that club grown future for the mega snake KD who wants out every 2 years would be an atrocious move. Must be hard for Nets fans i read or heard somewhere that the super trio played less than 30 games together. LOL Laughing

It's not like those guys bring you guarantees of a chip anyways they are always injured or don't want to play at all...
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 13 Jul 2022, 00:31

hahahaha, everything i've said in this thread in the past 5 years has come to fruition. And the prophecy ain't done yet.

Bron media in the mud.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed 13 Jul 2022, 00:37

That's bs

Curry is the best 3pt shooter ever, should leave it at that
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 13 Jul 2022, 09:32

you obviously don't know ball then
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 14 Jul 2022, 00:41

Lol. It's ESPN. Everything they do is for clickbait.

I'd be surprised if Marks actually believes this.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 14 Jul 2022, 10:36

i suppose it's clickbait too when they say Giannis is the best player in the world after winning the 2021 championship Wink
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 18 Jul 2022, 10:41

incredible interview
I'm a believer in Joe Money, Joey Lightyears Lacob!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKMU_X92crg
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon 01 Aug 2022, 16:20

RIP Bill Russell one of the greatest

In north american sports only Habs legend Henri Richard is on par with him, with 11 rings. Those records won't be broken any time soon
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon 03 Oct 2022, 13:19

NBA bois please check in to the fantasy thread, we are late this season so we are 3 players short I think.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 05 Oct 2022, 13:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi8sPCqQXQA

The projected top two picks for next year's draft. Tanking gunna go crazy this season
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 19 Oct 2022, 05:41

Beginning to think basketball is the least enjoyable sport to watch. Too much ref shenanigans constantly. Only thing that’s worse is probably handball. Constant whistles
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 19 Oct 2022, 07:56

The worst thing about NBA basketball is easily the commercials, it's like a 50/50 split if not worse between them and actual game.

Whistle happy refs are also annoying, tho. Let defense play defense ffs.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed 19 Oct 2022, 15:40

Freeza wrote:Beginning to think basketball is the least enjoyable sport to watch. Too much ref shenanigans constantly. Only thing that’s worse is probably handball. Constant whistles

Did you watch the Lakers?
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 19 Oct 2022, 15:41

gunna be another long season for the Fakers Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 19 Oct 2022, 16:34

El Gunner wrote:gunna be another long season for the Fakers Laughing

Fakers? Are you like five?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 19 Oct 2022, 16:37

Vibe wrote:
Freeza wrote:Beginning to think basketball is the least enjoyable sport to watch. Too much ref shenanigans constantly. Only thing that’s worse is probably handball. Constant whistles

Did you watch the Lakers?

Yeah and it was terrible to watch. Constant commercials, continually interrupted by referees competing with each other to see who can be most inconsistent.

More whistling than at a fucking rave.

Why the hell does a 48 minute game last more than three hours. Fucking Americans.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next