Islamic State bride's repatriation puts Norway government on brink of collapse

2 posters

Go down

Islamic State bride's repatriation puts Norway government on brink of collapse Empty Islamic State bride's repatriation puts Norway government on brink of collapse

Post by Unique Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:18 pm

Norway's coalition government is close to collapse after the anti-immigrant party propping it up said it will pull out over an Islamic State (IS) bride's repatriation from Syria.

The Progress Party's leader, who is also Norway's finance minister, will resign from the government and remove her party from the four-party coalition, robbing the prime minister of her parliamentary majority.

https://news.sky.com/story/islamic-state-brides-repatriation-puts-norway-government-on-brink-of-collapse-11913377

its not just us brits that have to see this shit then. im just happy that boris is not a terrorist sympathiser like governments from the past.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Islamic State bride's repatriation puts Norway government on brink of collapse Empty Re: Islamic State bride's repatriation puts Norway government on brink of collapse

Post by McLewis Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:34 pm

So I'm not well-versed on Norwegian politics, however I'm curious about just what this woman did that qualifies as "supporting terrorism".

Did she kill anyone? Did she appear in any propaganda? Do we know if she fully espouses the beliefs and worldview of ISIS? If all she's guilty of is foolishly running off with a guy that turned out to be a terrorist and having his 2 kids, I'm not sure that rises to the level of "Yup, she's a terrorist."

I say this primarily because ISIS (like all patriarchal terrorist groups of the region) are known for dominating women and forcing them to do many things against their will, including marriage and having kids. So I wonder how much freedom she had in marrying the 2nd guy. I would imagine not much or any at all. So my assertion is that she was likely forced into that marriage. Yet the articles presents this as if there's no question she did it willingly. I'm not so sure that's the case.

As for her return to Norway and the use of her kids, yes that's quite a calculated way of getting herself to relative safety, yet likely the only way. I would imagine she'd much prefer a Norwegian prison to what she likely endured as IS bride. As a mother, she likely knew the Norwegian state would focus their care on her children above all.

I suppose I just didn't see enough in that article to buy this story that this woman is some evil terrorist because she married 2 IS fighters, had kids and is now trying to come home. On the surface, the leap to that conclusion is easy, I'm sure. Looking at it more critically, not so much. I'm not saying she should be released into Norwegian society. I just think more needs to be learned about her experience there. She needs to be examined psychologically. I don't think that's happened. I hope it does.

Maybe an unpopular opinion on this topic, but I don't mind playing Devil's Advocate here.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Islamic State bride's repatriation puts Norway government on brink of collapse Empty Re: Islamic State bride's repatriation puts Norway government on brink of collapse

Post by Unique Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:50 pm

if she was not brain washed by religion and stayed in norway none of this would have happened. if she leaves norway to go and marry a guy from isis then she is supporting terrorism. yes she was forced in to marrying the 2nd terrorist but she knew that before she started.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:29 pm

Well hindsight is 20/20, isn't it?

I, for one, would like to hear her side of this story. There's always 2 sides and we're only hearing Norway's at the moment. I hope we get to hear hers. The ones getting told from former IS brides is a truly heartbreaking one. Many were simply young, dumb and naive. Had no clue what they were getting themselves into. I think that gets lost in the hyperbolic vitriol that affords us the ease to just conveniently label them terrorists due to guilt by association.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:49 pm

McLewis wrote:Well hindsight is 20/20, isn't it?

I, for one, would like to hear her side of this story. There's always 2 sides and we're only hearing Norway's at the moment. I hope we get to hear hers. The ones getting told from former IS brides is a truly heartbreaking one. Many were simply young, dumb and naive. Had no clue what they were getting themselves into. I think that gets lost in the hyperbolic vitriol that affords us the ease to just conveniently label them terrorists due to guilt by association.
thats like saying we need to hear the full story from a 16yo rapist. he was young dumb and naive and had no clue what he was getting himself in too. the problem we have that i have been saying all along is the religion they follow tells them this is the right thing to do. people go on and on about gun control but no body talks about religion control. the thing is guns dont come with instructions telling people its ok to kill people under the right circumstances. the quran does tell its followers that it is ok to kill people if certain circumstances are met. i cant understand for the life of me how a book that tells people its ok to kill can be free to billions of people around the world. how does this loop hole exist.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down