FennecFox7
sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
Valkyrja
futbol_bill
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Name the squad for 2019 / 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: Name the squad for 2019 / 2020

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:30 pm

Did you miss what he said after the game?

"Gareth Bale wasn't in the matchday squad today because the club is negotiating his departure...I hope it's soon, that would be the best for everyone".

"It's nothing personal against Gareth. It's just I have to take decisions. These things happen."

I think Zidane wasn't happy about the game yesterday because there are still too many players in the team he wants to get rid off, and his midfield target(s) are not in yet. The point of preseason is to prepare your new team not to play deadweight players to make the numbers. I would wager he was a bit frustrated yesterday and just decided to rip Bale and his agent a new one.

His fat fck of an agent finally confirmed they are working on an exit

Barnett [Bale’s agent]: “Zidane is a disgrace; he does not show respect for a player who has done so much for Real Madrid. Will Gareth leave? We’re working on it because it’s good for Bale and not because of Zidane’s pressure.” [afp]

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Name the squad for 2019 / 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: Name the squad for 2019 / 2020

Post by Thimmy Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Did you miss what he said after the game?

"Gareth Bale wasn't in the matchday squad today because the club is negotiating his departure...I hope it's soon, that would be the best for everyone".

"It's nothing personal against Gareth. It's just I have to take decisions. These things happen."

I think Zidane wasn't happy about the game yesterday because there are still too many players in the team he wants to get rid off, and his midfield target(s) are not in yet. The point of preseason is to prepare your new team not to play deadweight players to make the numbers. I would wager he was a bit frustrated yesterday and just decided to rip Bale and his agent a new one.

His fat fck of an agent finally confirmed they are working on an exit

Barnett [Bale’s agent]: “Zidane is a disgrace; he does not show respect for a player who has done so much for Real Madrid. Will Gareth leave? We’re working on it because it’s good for Bale and not because of Zidane’s pressure.” [afp]

Yeah, I understand his frustration. I don't think he was all that disrespectful towards Bale, though. Of course the media, and his agent is making it out to be a big deal, but I don't personally believe Zidane went out of line with those comments. Even Bale's agent admits that "it's good for Bale", so to claim that it would be in everyone's best interest for him to leave, is only truthful.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Bale's agent is an absolute melt lol

Which makes sense given the agent is an extension of the player
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:02 pm

Zidane's mistake here was actually taking Bale on your, should have left him in Madrid to train with Castilla. There are gonna be questions about Bale in every single conference now until he is gone.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:44 pm

Agent's allegiances are owed to the client, not the club. Yes, there's a more professional way to go about this, but in the interest of fairness, bale's agent made the comments as a reaction to zizous presser. Nothing needed to be said, just continue as normal
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:50 pm

I understand your opinion, which is apparently based around "respecting" Bale, but as i said, maybe Zidane felt it was necessary to publicly put pressure on Perez and Co. to get this done. Otherwise the comment would seem unnecessary to me seeing as i see not much to gain from it, other than to send a message to Flo that he means business.

@Nick, there's always going to be stupid questions from journalists; the practice is in large part a joke. If he was left in Castilla journalists would be asking nonstop about why he didn't come on tour. Maybe Zidane is angry that Bale was allowed to come on tour in the first place.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:35 pm

Probably the perfect storm of annoyance. No real movement on Pogba, Bale still at the club taking up valuable wages and seeing some hilariously stupid defending vs Bayern probably was the breaking point lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Bale off to China which probably means no transfer fee, at least the wage bill is getting cleared. Also the Chinese transfer window closes in July so should be resolved soon.

Mariano was also in the stands, probably on his way out? if so we'll be pretty thin up front with only 2 ST and no one in Castilla to call up with Cristo going to Udinese.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3