Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Zidane part 2 Empty Re: Zidane part 2

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:50 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:55 pm

I'm so happy bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:43 pm

ZIDANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Can't lie I'm genuinely happy that he is coming back. Looking forward to shitting on his playstyle again, as long as we are winning
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Feck YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. Happiest day of my life
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Glad for his return.

It's amazing, a few months ago people were calling for Zidane's head. Saying he is incompetent and can't coach.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Ceballos and Odegaard in tears.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:06 pm

@cyborg, a few months ago, people where saying lope was a better coach after the first 4 la Liga games. Tbh I'm a bit apprehensive, dont want him to stain his legacy but let's see
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:30 pm

People on here seemed pretty damn optimistic when Solari went on a 4-5 game winning streak after he took over, as well. That's just how things go, I suppose. I still don't think Lopetegui was given a fair chance. Both of our coaches this season have already taken the blame for how the season has panned out, and I think most of us recognize that some personell changes are required to make us competitive. If Zidane can get that in the summer, I don't see how this situation won't work in his favor.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:42 pm

ZZ wouldn't have come back unless he was given Mou-esque control over transfers.  That's the reason he left in the first place (clashing with Madrid over transfer policy).  He had a lot of clubs trying to get his services so it wasn't like he had no other big time options.

So now we'll see what he's really going to do.  He couldn't before other than managing what he had... and he did damn well.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:49 pm

It's official ZZ signs till 2022

Don't lump me in with the plebs who did not appreciate this legend. Now just need Raul as the assistant coach to be groomed to take over when ZZ call it quits
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Can't lie I'm genuinely happy that he is coming back. Looking forward to shitting on his playstyle again, as long as we are winning

Right! Oh how I miss that. The Zidiamond, the double full back, the 3 in the back and winning CL games. You don't miss the good times till it's gone and Solari has taught me that. Welcome back Zizou
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Good news. Reports of war chests being opened in the sum of 300m. I wouldn’t put that amount in any other hands beside ZZ.

I guess we can thank Solari for being so shit that it opened Perez’s eyes.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:15 pm

No, Lope was not given a fair shot at all and even now, I actually wish we had let him ride out the bad form and not hire a failed Castilla manager. As for posters wanting Zidane gone, yeah, I actually wanted him gone between the months of December to Feb. When we won the CL, I honestly thought that "ok, 3 CLs in a row, time for Zidane and the club to really revamp the team". Lo and behold, he quit, Ronaldo got sold and poor Doc is wondering what to do.

After witnessing Solari's horseshit, I'll take bitching about Zidane's tactics while winning than seeing such a shit manager ever in my life again.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:21 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Good news. Reports of war chests being opened in the sum of 300m. I wouldn’t put that amount in any other hands beside ZZ.

I guess we can thank Solari for being so shit that it opened Perez’s eyes.
300M doesn't get you a whole lot in terms of top players these days loool.  Great times.

We need to find some diamonds in the rough.  I'd make a run at Joris Gnagnon at Sevilla.  He's a VERY promising CB.  Got injured in the game where he just dominated Atleti a couple of months back.  PLEASE take a chance on him if you don't get Lucas Hernandez or Gimenez.

After that....  yeah, i'd get Hazard.  Another striker too.  Bale needs to go and one of Isco/Asensio.  

I will add that it's really hard to assess our players' true value given the managerial shit show that's been going on this season.  Lope was trying to play tiki taka with this squad while Solari... not sure what he was doing.

So I don't think we should firesell any of our players under the age of 30 yet.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Well 300m plus Bale, Modric, Mariano and possibly some of Isco, Kovacic, Marcelo, or even Ramos is definitely enough to give the team the boost we need. Luckily we aren’t starting from complete scratch like man city or United tend to do with every new manager we just need a ST (which will be the hardest acquisition) a CM, and a RW. The rest will be replaced with player sales.

Let’s remember we have Militao on the way, so we only need a new CB if Ramos goes. I don’t think he will especially given this appointment. Lucas would be at the top of my list if Ramos does go though.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Genuinely intrigued to see what Zidane has in mind. Im pretty sure he was the one who started playing Casemiro consistently which proved to be so good for a few season for Real? He also loves Bale correct? Plays Lucas and Asensio to great use from the bench and rotation. As we all know thought, his biggest strength feels like hes just able to extract the best and keep everyone happy.

Anyway, to the new template and players in/out, guess we will have to wait and see. But also Im interested in what Real the club and you fans expect from him this times round? More CLs? Or to better Barca domestically? It seems the later should be it, but in his final season he failed that. So do u agree and do u think he can do it this time?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:41 pm

Reading to catch up more, I know a lot of fans are unhappy about Bale for a long time for example, so what if Zidane sticks with him? Wasnt he the one who recommended Flo to get him even before he was the first team coach or something? Also dont forget his love for Benzema as well Lol, the more I think about it, the more it looks like there wont be a big overhaul?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Zidane returning is terrible news for Bale.  Read up on how things went during ZZ's last season... last month... and the CL Final.

ZZ called out Bale and said "everyone needs to earn their role as a regular" when specifically asked about Bale that March when Bale was healthy but ZZ wasn't playing him much (CR-Benz were regulars + rotation of Isco/Asensio/Vasquez for the other forward position).

For me... Bale is as good as gone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:51 pm

This is certainly a very hard job for zidane. To rebuild a squad and manage the expectation his own past success has created is simply very hard job. Kudos to him for taking up this.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Yh jokes aside. He's putting his entire reputation on the line for the club that he loves from the bottom of his heart. He could've done a Pep and taken the comfy Juve job when Allegri vacates it at the end of the season but he chose to come and work his magic at a club that were beat pretty comprehensively over and over and over

Twitter reporting that ZZ wants Ronaldo back. Someone please confirm or I take it with a grain of salt.

Bring me a WC striker, RW, LW and CB and I am happy. Courtois can gtfo and so too Bale
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:56 pm

Zidane left because Perez was not investing in the team and instead investing in the stadium. Think of it logically, if Zidane was actually happy with the squad he would have never left. He didn’t just take a vacation he attracted interest in multiple teams name United. The only reason a manager would leave and come back in such quick succession is if the terms of the deal have changed.

The only thing that could have changed is power to buy/sell.

Just because a certain player played well under ZZ doesn’t mean ZZ wouldn’t prefer another player.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:56 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Genuinely intrigued to see what Zidane has in mind. Im pretty sure he was the one who started playing Casemiro consistently which proved to be so good for a few season for Real? He also loves Bale correct? Plays Lucas and Asensio to great use from the bench and rotation. As we all know thought, his biggest strength feels like hes just able to extract the best and keep everyone happy.

Anyway, to the new template and players in/out, guess we will have to wait and see. But also Im interested in what Real the club and you fans expect from him this times round? More CLs? Or to better Barca domestically? It seems the later should be it, but in his final season he failed that. So do u agree and do u think he can do it this time?

Casemiro came off a great season on loan at Porto, and he had immediate impact as soon as he was given a chance to play for us. He played like someone who wanted to earn their starting spot, unlike a certain someone we used as an interim winger at the start of this season. It was evident that we really needed his brawn in our midfield, and we didn't really have any other alternatives in his mould. We still don't.

Based on recent, public statements from both Ancelotti and Zidane, I'd venture to guess that none of them were particularly big fans of Bale, yet both seemed pressured to start him by Florentino Perez. Bale certainly didn't appreciate being benched during the end of Zidane's tenure, and he probably would have left the club by now, had he stayed.

Lucas is a utility player. He's not a starter quality player, but he definitely has his uses. You want players like him and Nacho on the bench, who work their asses off, never complain, and conveniently absorb blame when they get shoved onto the field after spending months off it. They also don't pose any economical burdens, as opposed to high-profile players who are constantly injured and less predictable in their performance level and general usefulness. Don't get me wrong, I'd still prefer if we had top level bench options, but realistically that's a luxury that even Real Madrid can't seem to afford. Especially, not in 2019.

As for expectations, it really depends on what he manages to put together before the summer transfer window ends.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Didnt know that, so if even Zidane is in the opinion for Bale, then it is really the players problem. I always thought Bale was doing well until recently... dunno what it is, he came across as a hard working player and decisive in the big moment...

Not sure also but the names like Hazard being talked about just doesnt seem all that. If Real landed Mbappe I really think they are in a great position up front. Real is known to get whoever they want so u never know. Wouldnt be surprised, the way PSG keeps failing in the CL and obviously their league is too easy, if Mbappe really wants to challenge himself and Real can tempt him and buy PSG with money, then Real would have the 2 best young players on the planet? No
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:06 pm

I wonder how he is going to handle the delicate situations in the coming weeks; from Isco to Marcelo to Navas to the infights. It's going to be difficult but if there's anyone who can handle a team of big personalities it's ZZ.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next