Myesyats
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 2 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:54 pm

I was thinking about that recently, because i was watching a Gwent streamer play it for the first time ever and he usually just plays card games.

The look of wonder and amazement on his face was palpable, i wish i could experience that feeling all over again tbh.

RPG wise i doubt we'll see anything of the sort until Cyberpunk lol, i had high hopes for Mass Effect but they seem to have shit the bed.

I'm just happy that i liked Persona 5 so much, seeing as it's a JRPG it can't replace everything Witcher 3 offered but it did give me a bit of the RPG fix i needed.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 2 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:58 pm

One of the best things about the game are female models, Yennefer looks exactly what I would call a perfect woman, how did they get in my head Laughing Not taking away anything from Ciri, Triss, Priscilla etc :bow:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:01 pm

M99 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Man what an amazing game. Doubt i'll ever play another RPG as good as this one ever again. Wish I could wipe my memory and start this all over again.

Play Skyrim u pos (inb4 Moal)

Hopefully before 2018

Nioh->TLG->Tomb Raider->Skyrim on my schedule atm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Life Is Strange 3 will come out by the time you get to Life Is Strange 1 at this rate ffs
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:36 pm

oh shit forgot that

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:53 pm

That's what happens when you just play Dark Souls 3 all the time (:

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:59 pm

700 hours in DS3 lmao

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:14 pm

...what even are you trying to do? Platinum?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:31 pm

PVP

Platinumed 2 weeks in last year :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:08 pm

hmm

Going around taking monster contracts on without any armor on is more difficult than i thought Laughing

Just did that Missing Brother quest with the huge Venomous Arachae and the damage is pretty severe. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Just started this game. What an improvement over the previous games in terms of gameplay and graphics, but this whole repairing your gear pisses me off big time. Repairing my whole outfit and weapons for 150 Orens when you earn the same amount if you kill the griffin. smh

Also seems like these weapons are made of plastic ffs they break so often Mad
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Looking back on this game, on release it was 9.5/10. A year on after all the patches fixed all the glitches, improved movement, inventory interface etc it is a 9.8/9.9. Refraining from 10 because I feel there is room for improvement in the combat, especially against human enemies.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Buy and loot repair kits, it will be cheaper in the long run than paying to be repaired.

Also as you progress your gear and swords will get more sturdy, to the point that you'll barely actually need to repair and if you do you should have loads of repair kits anyway.

Money won't be an issue once you get to the main city either, not many people have much money in the villages as it's war time and they are all poor.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:02 pm

M99 wrote:Looking back on this game, on release it was 9.5/10. A year on after all the patches fixed all the glitches, improved movement, inventory interface etc it is a 9.8/9.9. Refraining from 10 because I feel there is room for improvement in the combat, especially against human enemies.

Funny you see that as i feel the monster combat as the most room for improvement tbh, they are not as unique and creative as they could have been IMO in the base game.

A personal dream of mine would be they went back and recreated all the monsters AI and abilities from scratch after the expansions but that's way too unrealistic and quite frankly selfish.

They clearly took it to heart though because the expansions boss fights are way superior.

Also it was always a 10 :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 pm

M99 wrote:Looking back on this game, on release it was 9.5/10. A year on after all the patches fixed all the glitches, improved movement, inventory interface etc it is a 9.8/9.9. Refraining from 10 because I feel there is room for improvement in the combat, especially against human enemies.

Have you ever actually played a 10/10? hmm I don't believe there's a single game I've ever played that had absolutely no flaws or room for improvement.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:13 pm

I don't see a 10 as a perfect game tbh, such a game doesn't exist but more so a generational defining experience.

For example I consider Red Dead Redemption a 10 too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't see a 10 as a perfect game tbh, such a game doesn't exist but more so a generational defining experience.

I agree. Just thought M99's rating system seemed a bit nazi Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Buy and loot repair kits, it will be cheaper in the long run than paying to be repaired.

Also as you progress your gear and swords will get more sturdy, to the point that you'll barely actually need to repair and if you do you should have loads of repair kits anyway.

Money won't be an issue once you get to the main city either, not many people have much money in the villages as it's war time and they are all poor.

Thanks for the tips. I just wish they didn't have this repair thing, it just seems tiresome and doesn't add any depth to the game.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't see a 10 as a perfect game tbh, such a game doesn't exist but more so a generational defining experience.

I agree. Just thought M99's rating system seemed a bit nazi Razz

I consider it the same way I do school grades really. There isn't really perfect papers, but there is papers that fulfill everything that's needed.

Witcher was a 10 for me two.

Need to finish 2... Forgot all about it Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Mole wrote:Great to hear you updated thoughts Arq, complete agree on the Crones also i whole heartedly agree on Geralt. I'm someone who never has enjoyed the "create your own" path most RPGs do as it leads to a very "avatar" like feeling, i never in those games felt like i was controlling an actual character with backstories and motivations.

The best example i can think of was the original Mass Effect series with Commander Shepherd but by and large i would much prefer a pre determined character built around a storyline and the developer give me choices which shapes the character and the world around him or her in some cases.

It's interesting you bring up GTA 5, because outside of being incredibly excited by it i'm massively intrigued by the new Red Dead.

Mainly because when GTA 5 was out, Rockstar were undisputed top dogs at this type of game and it wasn't really close tbh.

In this generation we have at least 4 games which have taken the Open World genre forward in certain aspects, none of them are as good or complete as Witcher 3 but i do find it interesting to see Rockstar's take on it now the competition has increased.

I mention GTA V based on the technical comparison but you are right Read Dead IS a better comparison considering its a far more serious game, grounded, focused around Marston, bigger breakthrough for its time and people won't admit it; a BETTER game then GTA V (and more than you'd imagine). So many favourite characters and Marston is still one of mine and if RS can follow through with what it was in one of the greatest games of all time, then we have competition for Witcher. I've yet to play MGSV but thats a different story as of yet.

I play Witcher with painstaking detail which makes up for the lack of time I play video games. But I do so progressively and recently did the enemy upscaling which has worked wonders for how rewarding it feels. I bought the Complete Edition keep in mind and have 100 percent made up my mind to play HoS and B&W both of which I very much look forward to based on what I heard. Finally made the decision to time the sail to Skellige and its a whole different world. Seeing that progress along with Geralt and how its done pretty much objectively makes him the best character of all time.

Forgot to mention how most video games always try to add a half assed minigame within their open world to add depth, none of which really caught my interest since they were arbitrary and I thought the same for Gwent with its inner intricacies but when I figured it out; my brain lights up each time I see a merchant or NPC have the option to play as I cannot say how much I bloody love this game. In all its simplicity the strategy behind it is extraordinary and how it uses subtitles for fans of the games who know its characters. Adds a who other world to focus on then TW3 itself and is very rewarding.

Game getting better as it progresses.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:20 pm

I take it you went through Novigrad then? i think i remember you saying that you hadn't gone there yet last time you posted about it.

Also Gwent was so popular they made a standalone game for it which i'm obsessed with Laughing

Agree with you on Marston btw, it's the main reason i enjoyed RDR more than any other RS game. That journey you go on with him, i don't think has been replicated in GTA games.

I hope RDR2 can take us all on a similar journey.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:42 pm

RDR2 will be for us it seems the spiritual continuum of Witcher since sadly I hear its the final Witcher. I truly wish I was more exposed to its lore before. Agreed with the sentiment as the GTA games are comparatively mindless and mostly satirical.

Made through Novigrad and saved some quests some lower and some way too above my level. Loved its Eastern European themed autocratic system and it is crafted exquisitely well with its atmosphere. It feels restricted comparatively to its open counterparts but a fantastic addition to the game.

Will update casually as it goes.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Thumbs up

Also they say it's the last Witcher game but i have trouble believing them.

We'll see.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgqz8Je7P0s
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 2 S5Q2hYYRESUzF_gtI1ss89DCSoYyzOxYVHp4MSGWiBw
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:51 am

For those who don't know they do behind the scenes mini doc's.

Should be really interesting at least.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next