Babun
Hapless_Hans
Kick
43 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ze German Thread Empty Ze German Thread

Post by Kick Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:15 pm

Rudiger is solid, Viva, better than Mustafi and Ginter.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Ze German Thread Empty Re: Ze German Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Your XI for this evening against @equipedefrance: Trapp - Can, Hummels, Süle, Plattenhardt - Khedira (C), Kroos - Gündogan, Özil, Draxler - Werner. #DieMannschaft #GERFRA
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Anyone else finds it incredibly silly that the German team uses #GERFRA as hashtag for the game, while the French use #ALLFRA - 'Germany' as opposed to 'Allemagne' ?
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of a hashtag? Couldn't they agree on one? Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">La composition de nos Bleus pour ce <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ALLFRA?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ALLFRA</a> ! <a href="https://t.co/xqVHRaxRGb">pic.twitter.com/xqVHRaxRGb</a></p>— Equipe de France (@equipedefrance) <a href="https://twitter.com/equipedefrance/status/930507771010846721?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">14. November 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Anyone else finds it incredibly silly that the German team uses #GERFRA as hashtag for the game, while the French use #ALLFRA - 'Germany' as opposed to 'Allemagne' ?
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of a hashtag? Couldn't they agree on one? Laughing

No, it should be #DEUFRA and #ALLFRA because you know brexit eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:59 pm

French think France is the center of the world.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Well there is one Frenchman who thinks all the best futbolers are French!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:26 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Well there is one Frenchman who thinks all the best futbolers are French!

To be frank, they have the most impressive team I watched so far. If Germany had even one of their technical wingers/ strikers we would demolish any team in the world. As it is, the only useful guy is Reus is who is perma injured and an out of form Goetze. Our striker is Werner who shows potential but is still very young and with little experience. So yeah, the team can create  lots of clear cut chances but the striker is not optimal and a true weinger or striker who can take 1 on 1 isn't there. In the past, Lahm provided the extra dribbling to break through.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Hey Babs. Your NT literally won 2 big trophies last year, with reserve teams. You have more depth than anyone. I say Brasil is favourite, followed by Germany and then France. I like to think we Spanish can surprise, but we’ll see.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:55 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Hey Babs. Your NT literally won  2 big trophies last year, with reserve teams. You have more depth than anyone. I say Brasil is favourite, followed by Germany and then France. I like to think we Spanish can surprise, but we’ll see.

I am not impressed by Brazilian defence. They have awesome attackers but I think in midfield and defence all of the Germany, France and even Spain edges them. Spain has to undergo a transition though. Instead of a slow build up, a fast transition style a la Atletico Madrid is more suitable to the current crop, so all ball hogs like Silva should sit on the bench.
The reserve team is a reserve team. Nothing compares to WC or EC on international level Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:16 pm

No clear favourites tbh.

Brazil, Germany, France and Spain are at the same level atm. Think one of those 4 will win it.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:14 pm

Whoa, J-Low means business, they have a slogan, "die Besten ruhen sich nie aus'  or if you like "The Best never rest".  Well, the best and coke addicts.  If you were wondering who was going to win the WC, wonder no more, cus The Best Never Rest! Come on, this pretty well assures Germany of repeating.

A couple of interesting friendlies,for whatever they are worth, vs Spain and Brazil.  Cant see the clubs being happy with the timing of the games though.  Are the Brazil press making a big deal of revenge?

So what can I make of J Low's picks?

Neuer should be back in April, so Trapp or Leno will be gone.

The Left back position, will go to Hector or Ginter or Plattenhardt or Rudiger or maybe even Can, he played right back at Bayer.  I think Sule played as a wingback as well for Hoff, early in his career.  At one point I was thinking maybe Tolijan, now I am more inclined to think he will become American.  Whatever happened to Howedes...

Reus not picked, could be because he just came back from injury, or that he is currently injured, Gotze not picked either, not sure if that means he is not going to Russia.

I dont think all three of Super Mario, Sandro Wagner and Timo Werner will go, he may only pick two, maybe only one.  Guys like Mulller, Draxler, Sane can act as forwards.

Tor: Bernd Leno (Bayer Leverkusen), Marc-Andre ter Stegen (FC Barcelona), Kevin Trapp (Paris St. Germain)

Abwehr: Jerome Boateng (Bayern München), Matthias Ginter (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Jonas Hector (1. FC Köln), Mats Hummels (Bayern München), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern München), Marvin Plattenhardt (Hertha BSC), Antonio Rüdiger (FC Chelsea), Niklas Süle (Bayern München)

Mittelfeld/Angriff: Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen), Emre Can (FC Liverpool), Julian Draxler (Paris St. Germain), Mario Gomez (VfB Stuttgart), Leon Goretzka (Schalke 04), Ilkay Gündogan (Manchester City), Sami Khedira (Juventus Turin), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Thomas Müller (Bayern München), Mesut Özil (FC Arsenal), Sebastian Rudy (Bayern München), Leroy Sane (Manchester City), Lars Stindl (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Sandro Wagner (Bayern München), Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:21 pm

I actually seem to remember Can played left back at Leverkusen

Not that he should play it for the NT
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Who else is there?
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Ze German Thread DYuTXdMXkAAtpbo

Nice ,better than 2014
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I actually seem to remember Can played left back at Leverkusen

Not that he should play it for the NT

Since i saw your Kitch album cover avatar, I have been thinking of my father record collection, it inspired me so much, that I had to bring out another of his favourites.

Oh and yeah, Can should never play for Germany, but he probably will.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 15, 2018 6:05 pm

The DFB has extended the contracts of the coaching team, including manager Löw, until 2022

Ze German Thread Csm_GettyImages-958746040_3820c6e698

UGH
the most ugly bunch I've ever seen. This is nothing but disgusting. What are they wearing? What is this photo?
Depressing

Meanwhile, here's the provisional Germany 27 man squad for the World Cup:

Goalkeepers: Bernd Leno (Bayer Leverkusen), Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona), Kevin Trapp (Paris St-Germain)

Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Matthias Ginter (Borussia Monchengladbach), Jonas Hector (Cologne), Mats Hummels (Bayern Munich), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Marvin Plattenhardt (Hertha Berlin), Antonio Rüdiger (Chelsea), Niklas Süle (Bayern Munich), Jonathan Tah (Bayer Leverkusen)

Midfielders: Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Paris St-Germain), Leon Goretzka (Schalke), Ilkay Gündogan (Manchester City), Sami Khedira (Juventus), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal), Sebastian Rudy (Bayern Munich), Leroy Sane (Manchester City)

Strikers: Mario Gomez (Stuttgart), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Nils Petersen (SC Freiburg), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)

There are four goalkeepers, as Löw is still hoping for Neuer to get fit, who hasn't played a game all season since his anewed injury.
That hope will of course be disappointed. Neuer broke hisfoot last summer, then broke it again at the exact same spot in fall after like one appearance.
He was supposed to come back December, then January for the winter break, then March, then April...
Now the season's over and he hasn't played a minute. He's not even able to fully train ffs. He won't play in the Cup final either.
At this point I'm glad if he ever plays another game of football. Ridiculous stuff.

anyway, Ter Stegen it is.
Löw has snubbed Can (injured for months, while Boateng and Neuer were included despite injury), Götze (a mistake), and Sandro Wagner, who had proclaimed certainty to be included just a few weeks ago, especially after Stindl got injured. Apparently Wagner cried in the Bayern dressing room when he found out he's not going. For him, Freiburg's Nils Petersen is included.

No Weigl, no Götze, no Schürrle, no Schmelzer, no Dahoud - BVB has been, again, treated badly by Löw, though miraculously Reus is fit to be included, as of today.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 15, 2018 6:10 pm

Anyway, I think that Neuer, Tah, Brandt and Petersen end up being eliminated from the squad.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 15, 2018 6:29 pm

why no julian weigl in the squad is he broken
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 15, 2018 6:32 pm

rather poor season after a broken ankle last summer/fall

like Dahoud, he's also still more of a U21 player
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 15, 2018 6:33 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:rather poor season after a broken ankle last summer/fall

klopp should be right on him tbh. now is the time to steal him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 15, 2018 6:36 pm

Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:rather poor season after a broken ankle last summer/fall

klopp should be right on him tbh. now is the time to steal him.

Nah, no chance, Pep and Tuchel will be on the case too. Should definitively stay another year and get brought back to form by Favre though IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 15, 2018 7:28 pm

Why's Götze been dropped? I thought he's a mainstay in the team plus should be in his prime years.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri May 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Chances Reus makes the team? Felt really bad what happened to him last world cup. Or I guess his career basically. Brilliant player

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 19, 2018 9:13 am

As long as Reus doesn't injure himself again in the coming weeks (always a possibility) he will make the team and very likely start too
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Even though Germany are arguably still the strongest national team around they may be plagued with one too many fitness concerns - in goal, in central defense, on the left wing, etc. and they still haven't found a center forward to deliver on the big stage for them the way Miroslav Klose used to.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next