Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit?

+10
Freeza
Myesyats
futbol_bill
Great Leader Sprucenuce
M99
Cruijf
Nishankly
Hapless_Hans
S
BarrileteCosmico
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who will be the surprise early exit team?

Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 19

Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Ah yes, yes I did.

So that's a trend, right?

2006 Champions --> Out in 2010 WC

2010 Champions --> Out in 2014 WC

2014 Champions --> Germany it is?

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which top team will be the surprise group stage exit?

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:48 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Ah yes, yes I did.

So that's a trend, right?

2006 Champions --> Out in 2010 WC

2010 Champions --> Out in 2014 WC

2014 Champions --> Germany it is?

France in 2002 hmm

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:51 pm

We found the answer in that pattern, BC. Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:13 am

England or Portugal
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:46 am

I voted Germany
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:39 am

halamadrid2 wrote:I voted Germany

That would be possible if weren't in such an easy group
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:40 am

Myesyats wrote:England or Portugal

Have you seen our group lol? Sterling and Kane will be enough by themselves.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:11 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:the question was 'top team'

Portugal isn't

I say Portugal is much more of a 'top team' than England.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:12 am

M99 wrote:Brazil.

Why haven't you voted?

Also the person saying France hasn't voted.

Most of all I would really like to know who are the four people who voted for Germany. This is unreal. Four people have voted for Germany. I thought they were the forum's top pick to win the trophy. Shocked

If even one of Germany, Brazil and France exit quickly, the forum will have to congratulate those who are calling it now.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:25 am; edited 2 times in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:20 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Nishankly wrote:They won the Euros, They deserve respect.

Portugal will go out in the Group stages imo

Winning the Euros is now about as meaningful at as every other continent jobber tournament.

Aka absolutely nothing.

I agree with a lot of things you have said but definitely not this one. Euros remain a top competition in which every team gives everything. If sometimes the team that wins does not seem like the best team it's because the competition is so close that anyone can beat anyone.

What might be a very interesting question is why does that never happen at a world cup which has for years been much more of a big boys playground. Off hand I am not able to think of a good answer for that. Maybe facing teams from outside Europe is more testing since you are not that well prepared for what you are going to get. Till recently Euros had one match less which made it less of a marathon than the world cup but that has changed now. All said and done I believe winning the Euros is at least 70% as credible as winning the world cup. It counts more than being a world cup losing finalist. As to why we do not see surprise champions and finalists in a world cup maybe it will happen some time soon. After all way back in 1954 Germany became the champion surprising everyone.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:51 am

Uruguay intrigues me. Young midfield and in a group with the hosts who want to make an impression and an Egypt team that might turn heads if Salah manages to get fit.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:28 pm

El Gunner wrote:We found the answer in that pattern, BC. Thumbs up
EG :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:30 pm

S wrote:Expect Argentina's group to be decided in the last matchday though with Argentina somehow sneaking through and probably finish 2nd.
If that counts as a 'surprise'.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:We lost 4-0 to Nigeria in a friendly, Croatia and Iceland are no joke either. I don't think we'll get kicked out, but I think our group is the 'toughest' and likeliest to produce an upset.

Prophetic comments
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum