Kick
Doc
Mr Nick09
28 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Our next number 9 - thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: Our next number 9 - thread

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Funny bwcause Neymar has more goals, assists and chances created than him. Those excuses reminds me of Benzema's wheb he plays with Ronaldo and Bale. Soon Mbappe will probably forget how to score too Rolling Eyes

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Because everything is set up for Neymar.... he's 100% the focus.  Mbappe played central and left wing for Monaco and his youth days.  Now he's playing on the right while being the 2nd or 3rd option.

AND DESPITE ALL THAT, he's been fantastic mostly.  Went 2-3 games where he slowed down (just tired imo).  12 games, 6 goals and 7 assists.

If you want to look at just CL since you're inanely saying Ligue 1 is not good...  4 games with 2 goals and 3 assists.  He's actually been less good in Ligue 1 lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Imagine if Mbappe was going through a scoring drought here. Man, Sports would have written an encyclopedia of excuses while Hala would have been absolutely angry. Like all the time. It would be like the days of Higgy/Benzema arguments. Sigh, f you Flo, you cheap bastard.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:06 pm

I brought up Kane about 3 months ago and got flamed for it. Obviously it has become more apparent that he is a huge step up from Benzema, so I would go for it if there was a deal on the table. He is young and hungry, so there is lots of room to improve imo.

If we are to make a move in January (which I think we should) we should go for Werner.

Maybe we can get Mbappe when he is 23, if he wants to run his contract down?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:57 pm

I am totally positive that was Turok doing the flaming by being his ridiculous self. He has, to his credit though, been very consistent on his views on Kane.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:22 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
If we are to make a move in January (which I think we should) we should go for Werner.
dont think it's an option when he is CL tied, and Leipzig sell high, they sold keita to pool for 80 mil. imagine what they will ask for werner.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:52 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:@Doc, you want a number in terms on goals first and foremost but if you can have both why not?

And what is this affection for poverty série A strikers? Lol they are not madrid material, more like Atlético’s level. Imagine paying 100 mil for Belotti Laughing

well, in serie A they don't play football or what ? the guys score goals, we need that, and if they're good they'll do it anywhere, because football is the same no matter where you play it.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:25 pm

Also, this ain't the 90s and early 2000's where there was quite a few legit WC strikers to pick from. We gotta expand our horizon and that would actually include Serie A.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:32 pm

I agree but there are no world class striker in Italy right now, none. There are some great ones, some promising but no world class striker in Italy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:38 pm

No, there aren't any bona-fide World Class forwards in Italy but the actual WC ones, the ones we know of, are tied up with other clubs for the foreseeable future. We can win still with great forwards, not something outside the realms of reality.

We do not run the club but I do hope this fine club of mine actually explores the idea of actually scouting for genuine talent. Then again, this is a WC year so whomever scores the most goals is what Flo is gonna try to go for. Probably.

We really did miss an opportunity with Mbappe (and probably vice versa).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:10 pm

We don’t need the world’s next coming of Jesus. We simply need someone who can score goals.

I can’t get over how you “experts” continually reject the likes of Morata or Higuain, maintaining there are not RM material yet the designated RM quality can’t hit the broad side of a barn door and then proclaiming their overall game (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean) makes up for the lack of goals.

I get that we are stuck with BBC for the rest of this season, but I can’t believe there isn’t someone out there that is available in January, not CL tied, can score goals and would be an improvement over Majoral.

You can go on with this wish list for next season, but I mnaintain we need 3 forwards (assuming they bring in Vinicius). We need to replace the backups as well as the starters. If Ronaldo hangs on another year, then it’s 2 next year and 1 the year after.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:54 pm

Just get Kane and be done with it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:13 pm

The price for Kane and negotiations with Levy, makes him unattainable!!! ..... unless they can somehow persuade Levy to take Bale back!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Florentino won't go for Kane.

Signing Harry Kane has not passed through my head. He is a great player and in addition, he is young. He has many years to progress, but we are delighted with [Karim] Benzema and with all of the team. I didn’t ask Tottenham’s president for the price because he would have told me that he is worth €250m.

Just like Dembelé, just like Mbappé, just like Pogba; Florentino always, always tells you whether he's interested or not.

You can already scratch Kane off the list of Real Madrid's Number 9 contenders.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:15 pm

futbol_bill wrote:The price for Kane and negotiations with Levy, makes him unattainable!!! ..... unless they can somehow persuade Levy to take Bale back!!!

I don't believe that. Since you mention him, you also bought Bale from Spurs without much fuzz, after he had a top season.
Sure, he was expensive as *bleep* and the negotiations dragged on, but you bought him. Just as you bought Modric.

To pretend that Spurs players are 'unattainable' is just not supported by historical evidence.
On the contrary, acquisitions from Spurs have played a big role for you.
With Kane it will not be different. IF you convince him to join, you will be albe to buy him.

As for the price, no use bitching about 250m. 250m are the new 100m. That's your thing, basically.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:20 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Florentino won't go for Kane.

Signing Harry Kane has not passed through my head. He is a great player and in addition, he is young. He has many years to progress, but we are delighted with [Karim] Benzema and with all of the team. I didn’t ask Tottenham’s president for the price because he would have told me that he is worth €250m.

Just like Dembelé, just like Mbappé, just like Pogba; Florentino always, always tells you whether he's interested or not.

You can already scratch Kane off the list of Real Madrid's Number 9 contenders.
kane is the best 9 in the world if flo is not interested in him he should be.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Pretty sure it is easier to bargain with the Devil than it is with Levy. It was a huge fuss for Bale as Levy waited till the last day of the transfer window to agree to an actual price so I doubt Flo wants to have much conversation with him...about anything.

Also, Kane is clearly the ideal n9 we need but I highly doubt we go after him. Also, the other Doc speaks some truth. Flo doesn't actually hide his feelings when the club is not really interested in a player.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:31 pm

Speaking as if Perez is the most transparent business man of all time lol. That quote's intention was more about the support of Benzema than a guarantee RM will never be interested in Kane.

With how poor Benzema continues to play combined with his age, it is only a matter of time before we get a proper replacement.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:37 pm

could this be the year that arsenal get benz.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:38 pm

No but he doesn't actually hide his intentions when he is interested or not interested. I mean, I hope we throw a line for Kane or anyone who can finish a 1v1, a free header or score in general.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:54 pm

You said it yourself, he's a businessman. A businessman who's interested in Kane would never say "I didn’t ask Tottenham’s president for the price because he would have told me that he is worth €250m."

He slapped a quarter of a billion price tag on Kane before even contacting Levy. Even if the latter wasn't going to demand such an outrageous sum, he will now after that quote.

If he were really interested, he would choose his words carefully and do everything in his power to lower the price ( E.g. "If we're not talking about names, we're not talking about money either, but 100 million (euros) seems a lot to me" That's what he said when he was in the middle of negotiations for Bale's signature.

Trust me, Kane will never wear the white of Madrid. And I would even go as far as to say that as long as we have Benzema, no decent striker will want to join us to play second fiddle to a talentless, lazy joke for a CF.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:58 pm

Kaladin wrote:May i suggest Andre Silva? The guy is a stud being restricted by the coach/formation. He is a #9 that can do it all, his dribbling is stellar, positioning, finishing etc even a bit of playmaking. He's having a bad patch because of how we play (3-5-2). Plus he's Ronaldo's certified G

I would take Andre Silva honestly, especially if we could have him in January given he is not cup-tied. Ronaldo loves playing with him, and while Ronaldo is still in the picture we might as well play to that asset.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:08 pm

hey Hans, just maybe we can interest Levy in Bale (and why not go for it - Arsenal for Benz). We could peddle Bale for 150M, given as you say this new market price, we'll even give Benz to Arsenal for a small price say 30M and then pay the 250M for Kane (thereby getting him for a net of 70M, or we might even be prepared with these inflated values to accept a 280M price tag for Kane (a net of 100M).

But that still leaves us short a player for next year. We get rid of Benz, Bale, Majoral (or his replacement from January market!), keep Ronaldo for one last season and bring in Kane and have Vinicius join club (as a apprentice). That puts off the final piece of puzzle, replacing Ronaldo to the following year.

But wait, these experts here will tell you that Kane is not Madrid quality, that we need someone with a better overall game that doesn't have to score goals!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:Because everything is set up for Neymar.... he's 100% the focus.  Mbappe played central and left wing for Monaco and his youth days.  Now he's playing on the right while being the 2nd or 3rd option.

AND DESPITE ALL THAT, he's been fantastic mostly.  Went 2-3 games where he slowed down (just tired imo).  12 games, 6 goals and 7 assists.

If you want to look at just CL since you're inanely saying Ligue 1 is not good...  4 games with 2 goals and 3 assists.  He's actually been less good in Ligue 1 lol.

well, here we go again.
How is that the "not madrid quality"  guy has better stats than this phenom.
Morata is 13 games (969 minutes = 11 games per minutes), 8 goals, 3 assists
or Mariano, 12 games, 9 goals, 1 assist.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:37 pm

i think in terms of his scoring streak in england, and his age, Kane is definitely madrid quality. he is possibly the best finisher right now in football outside messi, so to me, he is the type of Player you want to invest in.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Freakin Perez he had one job to do. keep morata, sell BB and buy Mbappe. :facepalm:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next