Milaneek Mythology

5 posters

Go down

Milaneek Mythology Empty Milaneek Mythology

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:47 am

Give me the right to be philosophical after Real Madrid's​ pummeling of Juventus. I was reminded of things.

Not long ago, we thought we would rise again to close that gap of UCL wins with Madrid: we had 7, they 9. Now, though...uh-huh.

Being a fan certainly has its pros and cons. When the team is performing, you tend to always have one source of encouragement. To be sure, the opposite is true. Ask any Milanisti. Oh, right: we are Milanisti.

Increasingly, I find myself wondering what it means to be a fan, I admit. These years since the 2012 Exodus have been, um, tragic? Ain't easy to find a more classic fall from grace in the beautiful game. To think that our players were cheering and hugging and... For Europa f****** League? Dude, wait, what? Milan!? I must be dreaming.

Still, back to the issue of fandom, I suppose nobody said it better than Woody Allen: "It's like anything else." The heartbreak is always followed by some sort of a rewarding experience——or is it? It seems to be, today. As you watch Kroos, Casemiro and Modric put on display another most effervescent, dominant, reassuring midfield performance against Italy's unrivaled champions, you hardly think of Biglia, Kessié and Montolivo. You kinda tend to think of Pirlo, Gattuso and Seedorf. That's fandom. That's a good ol' dreamer hard at work to forget reality only to live in ideality.

Yet life goes on. If there's anything I learned in life, it's that cycles begin, and cycles do end. Take Xavi away and the greatest midfield of 21st century falls apart. So it goes. And so, too, it goes, that the most beautiful cities were built on rough, arid lands.

Rise and shine, you sleepy average Milanista at home. The time has come to stage a comeback. And the money. On these ruins we shall build a new dynasty after æons of Quixotic wandering (that is, the footballing equivalent of five years). We shall build a fortress in defense, an orchestra in midfield, and a NASA in attack.

Never will we see the resurrection of Maldinis and Kakas and Liedholms and Van Bastens, but the story of our Milan is not over. Ours is as good a mythology as any in this universe.

Forget not that we, yes we, are part of the myth. Megalomaniac? You bet we are. And rightly so.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Milaneek Mythology Empty Re: Milaneek Mythology

Post by Cruijf Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:10 am

Always good to see you post Iras. I must say I needed the optimism -- I've never been as cynical about our club as I am now. Let's hope it proves to be warranted in the near future.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Agreed. The cynicism was at an all time high.

But Fassone and Mirabelli have the financial backing, we have a capable coach who made this mediocre team play above average, and a system that gives us identity for the first time in a few years.

And we now have a coach in training gattuso and a primavera that believes in its capability.

We have cleaned house and done so swiftly and economically which is yet another surpirse.

We will be worth watching from now on.

forza
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Always good to have u around Iras. Where have u been this whole time? Hope u will be sticking around for much longer this time
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Great post iras

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Thank you all, guys.

Just today I was thinking of some market-related idea (fantasy BS, I know) but here is not the place. So, see ya in the Mercato Rossonero thread to discuss it.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:43 pm

uzonero wrote:Always good to have u around Iras. Where have u been this whole time? Hope u will be sticking around for much longer this time
How's the coolest Nigerian on earth doing?

Ah, well, the forum looks like a haunted house. Everyone's moved on to social media, not excluding yours truly, and I wonder how much longer this will go on. Still, when I see we do not forget each other that easy, it sort of acts as a tranquilizer. I am more hopeful and happy in life when I'm around you comrades, in other words. Rossoneri all over the world are forever brothers and sisters, and that will never change.

Our good ol' Garden Café is only a few blocks away. In fact, I'm having an OJ there right this minute. Drop by and do tell me how things been goin' on with you, too, bro.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Iras Very Happy

I post a lot of my philosophy and reading on instagram (instadomos)
Feel free to follow if you happen to be on that platform.

While I rarely make time for television these days, I am planning to keep up with Milan games when I am home and free to watch. It has been a long and much needed break, however the time is feeling quite perfect to get back into the swing of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down