halamadrid2
LeBéninois
Bankz
Valkyrja
11 posters

Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by Valkyrja Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:19 pm

2 major attacking forces, who is better?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by Bankz Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:53 pm

Roberto carlos, and by some distance tbh. Won more, scored more, faster, stronger, better shot, better set-piece taker, technically superior, a bigger legend, world cup winner, copa america winner. EASY. Lets just say Roberto carlos was a fantasy version of marcelo. R.carlos was a brand ffs. Lol
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Bankz wrote:Roberto carlos, and by some distance tbh. Won more, scored more, faster, stronger, better shot, better set-piece taker, technically superior, a bigger legend, world cup winner, copa america winner. EASY. Lets just say Roberto carlos was a fantasy version of marcelo. R.carlos was a brand ffs. Lol

The question is who's better lol . Anyways I'd go with Rob too. But the way people are quick to criticize players nowadays, Carlos would have gotten his fair share of critics too.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:56 pm

I agree with everything bar technically superior
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 02, 2017 10:26 am

Marcelo better technically no doubt. RC better at everything else and was plenty technical for his position.

RC bludgeoned you all game long. He wasn't a great defender... but he worked his arse off to play defense regardless and did well enough. You could get past him on defense but you were going to have to earn it and pay a price. Had a 3rd lung and worked tirelessly.

Had a couple of brainfarts on NT at bad times, which detracted from his otherwise superb performances there.... i.e. shoelaces against France and the missed overhead clearance against the Netherlands I think (could be wrong).

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 02, 2017 10:55 am

Marcelo isn't the best fullback on his current team, comparing him to all time greats is too much.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue May 02, 2017 11:01 am

rincon wrote:Marcelo isn't the best fullback on his current team, comparing him to all time greats is too much.
As someone who stalks watches Madrid week in week out i can say yes he is and arguably the best in world right now. Carvajal is more complete but what marcello offers in attack is just immense to this team.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 02, 2017 11:07 am

Lucifer wrote:
rincon wrote:Marcelo isn't the best fullback on his current team, comparing him to all time greats is too much.
As someone who stalks watches Madrid week in week out i can say yes he is and arguably the best in world right now. Carvajal is more complete but what marcello offers in attack is just immense to this team.

He is immense to this team, I agree. Still I think Carvajal is the better player. He doesn't need cover, excuses about his defending, or any particular team, he could do his thing anywhere and shine.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 02, 2017 11:38 am

Yeah I mean you have to separate attack and defense. Fullback and midfielders are the only players who need to do both... so you can't just rate them one way and completely ignore the other side.

Because we lack attacking creativity in the midfield, Marcelo is extremely important to this team. If we didn't need that aspect as much (as when we had Ozil and Di Maria), then his lack of balance gets exposed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 02, 2017 11:45 am

sportsczy wrote:Marcelo better technically no doubt.  RC better at everything else and was plenty technical for his position.

RC bludgeoned you all game long.  He wasn't a great defender...  but he worked his arse off to play defense regardless and did well enough.  You could get past him on defense but you were going to have to earn it and pay a price.  Had a 3rd lung and worked tirelessly.

Had a couple of brainfarts on NT at bad times, which detracted from his otherwise superb performances there.... i.e. shoelaces against France and the missed overhead clearance against the Netherlands I think (could be wrong).

I'm disappointed in you Sad

It was against Denmark. Our greatest ever NT. Almost had that game...

Well. Our 84 team was also amazing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Thu May 04, 2017 12:26 pm

LOL come back to me when RC can dribble half as good as Marcelo...
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Kommander Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Marcelo has surpassed him. Carlos was a 1 FK in 5 seaons merchant. Marcelo is better than him at everything bar recovery pace. He's better at defending one on ones, better at crossing, better at passing and is essentially a playmaker. Carlos is ovverated by people that get a hard on from watching his banana fk against France.
El Kommander
El Kommander
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Finally
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by _SuperFloren_ Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:39 am

El Kommander wrote:Marcelo has surpassed him. Carlos was a 1 FK in 5 seaons merchant. Marcelo is better than him at everything bar recovery pace. He's better at defending one on ones, better at crossing, better at passing and is essentially a playmaker. Carlos is ovverated by people that get a hard on from watching his banana fk against France.

Roberto Carlos was a ballon dor caliber player, he was 2nd in 2002, should have been 1st. I love Marcelo and he is becoming a legend too, but Roberto carlos was a freak of nature, he was full back and winger at the same time with no help on the wing.
_SuperFloren_
_SuperFloren_
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down