S
Lucifer
Cruijf
Based Bonera
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best CDM

Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Vote_lcap42%Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 8 ]
Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Vote_lcap42%Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 8 ]
Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Vote_lcap16%Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Empty Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano

Post by Based Bonera Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 4:52

Who was the better player in their prime? Who would you want on your team? Rank them in order.

Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Gattuso_gennaro640

Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Sergio-busquets-of-fc-barcelona-celebrates-after-scoring-the-opening-picture-id467001013

Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Javier-mascherano-world-cup
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Empty Re: Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano

Post by Cruijf Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 5:32

Busquets is by far the best technically. Mascherano is really a poor mans Gattuso. It depends on the system but I'd go Busquets then Gattuso then Mascherano.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano Empty Re: Gennaro Gattuso vs Sergio Busquets vs Javier Mascherano

Post by Lucifer Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:22

I know busi and masche are more technical players but Gattuso would singlehandedly beat both of them with his

baseball bat

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 8:22

As pure DM's, not as tiki-taka ball retention midfielders, by far Mascherano over anybody for me. I can only imagine how revered Mascherano would be all these years if only he played in his natural DM position.

How players like Busquets continues to be rated as the best is just beyond me.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:40

Depends.for defense Mascerano.his tackles are the best in the world.very underrated defender

for midfield its busquets. his brain alone is enough for me
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 16:13

Then again , it depends of your system and the players you've got. for a tiki taka team obviously Busi but for a more defensive-minded team he's the last one I'll choose.

Overall I'd go with Busi ( considering I'd like to omplement tiki taka and all of that ) .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 20:51

Mascherano is one of the best tacklers I've ever seen. He is a leader, and is very decent with the ball on his feet. I wouldn't exactly say it would depend on the system, because if you have Mascherano in your midfield, he can expertly cover the holes in your defense if you have a half decent center back who can push forwards.

Of course, under a possession team Busquets is ideal, because apart from his antics he is a hell of a player. You might not see him gritty and on the ground as the other two, but it's because he doesn't need to: he has excellent positioning and if you have 60%+ possession, you basically won't ever see the ball.

Overall, I'd pick Mascherano because of his flexilibity. He can play pure DM, a more offensive player and can definitely keep the ball going under a fluid system. Being an awesome leader always helps out, too.

Busquets is more suited to having the ball, because he's not really an expert on absorbing pressure: he's used to being in control and always looking forwards.

Gattuso Proud. I love Gattuso. I love that he can with a look throw you off balance. But he's extremely limited to one thing he does like no other: kicking the shit out of you.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 23:52

busi, masch, gatusso
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 23:54

Mascherano as a pure DM beats every other current DM on the planet.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 0:23

Busi in a single DM system, Masche in a 2 DM system

System players
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 1:06

Busquets is overrated smoking
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 1:07

Best midfielder in the world currently
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 3:13

gattuso for me....these days, anytime there's not something fancy about a player, he is regarded as crap, even though his position doesn't entail him to posses any fancy attributes. most people nowadays would have done the exact same thing flo did with makelele cos he wasn't the best "passer". for a defensive midfielder, one who can recover the ball, tackle, mark, defend, without needing his team to have the ball for 92 percent of the game, its gattuso for me....i could care less about my defensive midfielder being able to pass the ball backwards and sideways
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 3:23

mascheran's good but as mentioned he has barely if ever been played in his position. the very few times barcelona are on the backfoot, and are actually required to defend, his presence is usually felt. the second leg against atleti is one example, the times when atleti broke on a counter, mascherano was the only one i saw on the defensive end doing anything of note. even though success counts for something, there's a difference between 'who one rates better' and 'who is more successful'
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 3:51

I dont understand why people claim Gattuso is limited, he can involve himself in the attack just as well, its just more often than not he has to coverfor Pirlo and Seedorf. I've always been reclusive to label him a 'DM', a true DM we've had during those years was Ambrosini. Anyways, point being, i think people recall Gattuso as brash and aggressive and attribute him as a DM. He was a bit more than that, he didn't spray 90m passes and orchestrate, but he can participate if need be.

Anyways, are we arguing over who has the best overall skill here? If we are then its probably Busquets
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 8:31

S wrote:As pure DM's, not as tiki-taka ball retention midfielders, by far Mascherano over anybody for me. I can only imagine how revered Mascherano would be all these years if only he played in his natural DM position.

Because he is the best. Nobody covers spaces and half spaces better than Busquets. A player like Masch dives around making last ditch tackles. It looks good. Busquets doesnt need that because he is far more intelligent than Masch. He cuts off attacks before they even occur.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 8:50

S wrote:,

I have to say normally u are very well read, informative and also majority of times a objective poster , Surag, but for some reasons when it comes to Barca ur opinion gets clouded by ur hatred and u say things which sound very not intelligent.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 13:44

Come on now lads, even Casemiro has a higher whoscored-rating than Busquets. Overrated player if I ever read one No
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 13:54

Busquets, Gattusso, Mascherano

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 16:52

Only issue with Busquets is that he can sometimes be dispossessed in dangerous areas looking needlessly for a foul. His skillful dragbacks dont always work with a clever player and if they are patient without fouling, can steal the ball. Just pass the ball to a free player.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 17:55

Busquets imo.

He is the poor man's Redondo with less exciting skills. Followed by Gattuso.

However, Busquets absolutely sucks when he is defending against dribblers in large space while Gattuso and mascherano have no problem defending in such situations.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 18:01

Gattuso like a lot of midfielders in his day was more B2B than a DM so i'm not sure why he's the comparison here.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 18:31

S wrote:As pure DM's, not as tiki-taka ball retention midfielders, by far Mascherano over anybody for me. I can only imagine how revered Mascherano would be all these years if only he played in his natural DM position.

Totally agreed
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 19:07

when ac milan were on top, ambrosini spent the bulk of that time on the bench or sometimes injured, it would be seedorf, pirlo, gattuso and rui costa or kaka. out of those four gattuso was the one tasked with mopping out the dirty situations which is why the dm tag is bestowed on him. pirlo used to mark as well, i think up till say around 2005/06 he was more defensive minded, and seedorf used to help out, but gattuso probably had more highlights of getting angry and roughing you up than offensive highlights or offensive highlights compared to his other midfield partners..... by the time ambrosini became a starter at milan they were going downhill
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 19:29

Adit wrote:Busquets imo.

He is the poor man's Redondo with less exciting skills. Followed by Gattuso.

However, Busquets absolutely sucks when he is defending against dribblers in large space while Gattuso and mascherano have no problem defending in such situations.

Wrong on both counts. He is better than Redondo ever was.
And he is better against dribblers than those two, space or no space. He is slow but his long legs allow him to tackle effectively and steal balls from dribblers. I think it was dani who called him an octopus.
I can barely recall any dribbler consistently getting the better of him. His only issue is that he tries to be cheeky in dangerous situations.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next