+2
baresi
Casciavit
6 posters

Go down

Cristian Brocchi Empty Cristian Brocchi

Post by Casciavit Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Cristian Brocchi 13015279_10153446030146937_5343565738065336230_n

He's been given a 2-month contract. If he does well, his contract will likely be extended.

Welcome, Brocchi!
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Cristian Brocchi Empty Re: Cristian Brocchi

Post by Casciavit Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:49 pm

Cristian Brocchi promises his approach as Milan Coach will be “not better, but different” to Sinisa Mihajlovic.

The former midfielder was promoted from the Primavera after the Serbian was sacked yesterday, and was officially presented today.

“I want to continue the culture of work that this group definitely has,” Brocchi told assembled media.

“I’ve had numerous chances to see them at work, and I always saw players who wanted to graft and Sinisa and his staff should be acknowledged for that.

“I really want to bring in my methodology and way of Coaching, that could be different to that of other Coaches.

“Not better, but different, because I’ve studied a certain path and I want to enable the lads to apply it on the pitch.”

With rumours that the players were unhappy that Mihajlovic was dimissed, Brocchi was asked how he and his staff were received.

“It’s normal that there was a certain atmosphere, the players were used to seeing the same people for several months.

“It was still a good impact, perhaps because I’m known at Milanello, so it’s less of a sense of finding a new and different person.

“On the pitch I’m starting to do something of my own, and trying to get them to understand how I want to Coach them.”
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:50 pm

Brocchi introduced a drone camera that covers the training at Milanello to later re-watch it and make observation. #Sky
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:26 am

Anyone knows if he achieved anything training the primavera?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:39 am

Cristian Brocchi is “not afraid” of the Milan job, and is considering a 4-3-1-2 shape.

The new Rossoneri Coach was officially presented today, having replaced Sinisa Mihajlovic until the end of the season.

“Am I afraid of having my fingers burned?” Bronchi considered, with Clarence Seedorf and Filippo Inzaghi both having been sacked by the Diavolo in their first Coaching roles.

“In recent months this term has been used exponentially more. It’s about making the most of your opportunity, it’s natural that risk exists when you have such a big opportunity.

“Of course, you need to have the humility to understand that if things don’t go well you’ve had the opportunity to walk this road without thinking about a big chance that went wrong.

“I have no negative thoughts, I’m playing for this opportunity with the great desire and spirit which have always distinguished me. I’m not afraid, I know what I can do.

“That’s not to say that I’m 100 per cent certain that Milan will win seven games out of seven, but I’ll give 100 per cent.”

Club President Silvio Berlusconi is well-known for advocating two strikers, could Brocchi change from 4-3-3 to a 4-3-1-2?

“In my career, I’ve used that and 4-3-3. I like to have a back four and a midfield three, then with the three attacking players I like to have different options.

“With the Primavera I used a trequartista in the second half of the season. This team has players who can play as a trident. We can play with a trequartista, but also a front-three.

“These will definitely be the formations I’ll use.”

It was revealed yesterday that the new Coach has only been given a two-month contract, but he insists that doesn’t affect his job security.

“It’s not a contract which allows you to be more or less calm,” Brocchi said.

“If I had a contract for two years of more but I did badly I’d be replaced anyway, and the only I’d have is that my back is covered by a contract.

“It’s not my priority, the important thing is the good of Milan. If it doesn’t go well I’ll have the humility to recognise that.”

In reality, formations matter little beyond providing a defensive shape if there is not a coherent approach in attack. Too often we've been static and rigid when trying to break sides down over these past few years and though Brocchi has been praised by those who know him for imposing an attacking philosophy in the youth team he will have little time to prepare and change this side both mentally and on the pitch in this interim period.

Naturally though I hope that this move works out for the best and the winds of change always tend to foster excitement, even against my better judgement.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:40 am

Casciavit wrote:Brocchi introduced a drone camera that covers the training at Milanello to later re-watch it and make observation. #Sky

Balo tried to shoot it down. rofl rofl rofl
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:11 pm

“Jack Bonaventura has the characteristics to play as a trequartista, but so does Keisuke Honda. The important thing is to focus on the principles of football and not specific positions. Once you understand the movements, it all becomes much easier.

“Milan won’t always play with 4-3-1-2, as the forward three could spread out more. Honda can play as a trequartista or as a wide forward. Like the others, he has to make my life difficult by proving he deserves to play.

“We tried out a few things in training and I still need to get to know the players better. I have no intention of transforming anything right now, as I am not crazy.

“In my mind, Jack mustn’t be the fourth midfielder when we don’t have possession. He must remain in that position. I’ll ask the team to push forward and attack, as it’s easier to play going forward than from the back.

“Midfield is the most important area of the team. I like to play with a diamond midfield because it gives you more certainty both in possession and without it.

“The strikers need to find the way to get shots on goal and fill the box. The only thing I ask of my forwards is to have a certain interpretation of the game, both offensively and defensively. We cannot think of playing without strikers who help out and sacrifice themselves for the team.”

Either I've read this wrong, or Brocchi actually believes you can defend with 7 in 2016. :facepalm:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:17 pm

It's hard to tell until we actually see Brocchi implement his ideas, but I suspect he was trying to say that he doesn't expect Jack to drop into the space next to our anchor to form a bank of four without the ball. Given that he mentioned elsewhere in his interview that he expects the forwards to work for the team defensively he surely isn't suggesting that Jack and the front two are to simply wait for the ball to be won back.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:11 pm

4-3-1-2 doesn't work defensively unless the CAM drops back to form a line of 4 with the midfield. Even with Carlo in the tough games, Kaka would defend as a RM.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:05 pm

I wish i had the stimulus to talk about semantics of a youth coach on a 2 month contract Neutral
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:46 am

Real question here is, how long until he gets fired? IMO, we should make a poll...

Very Happy Crying or Very sad
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:20 am

I give it till the end of the season where he'll be fired for not making CL (:
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:49 am

Gotta wait to see if he makes it past the 2 month contract...wouldn't surprise me if he loses the job after 1.5 months for not meeting owners expectations.

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:45 am

Casciavit wrote:4-3-1-2 doesn't work defensively unless the CAM drops back to form a line of 4 with the midfield. Even with Carlo in the tough games, Kaka would defend as a RM.

Tough games are one thing where you're sometimes forced to not play your own game, but we can't really judge any of Brocchi's actual ideas yet. The pitch will speak louder than words.

Also even if Brocchi is a disaster in the next month or so it's already been stated that he'll simply go back to coaching the Primavera side if the management decide to get a new first team coach for next season. Regardless of how he performs, Brocchi will still be at Milan in the near future.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down