Kick
dostoevsky
Kaladin
Forza
Dante
47 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 2 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by uzonero Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:00 am

Isn't the market closed in italy already?

uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 2 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Cruijf Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:25 am

uzonero wrote:Isn't the market closed in italy already?
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:38 am

It closes in 22 minutes here .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:17 am

Why is the thread in caps and unstickied hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:29 am

Stickied the thread.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 am

Kick wrote:Stickied the thread.

Thanks hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:46 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Why is the thread in caps and unstickied hmm

hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:48 am

dostoevsky wrote:I don't care how cheap Paletta is, this is an absurd transfer. Which other club has 7 central defenders in their team? Each new addition more incompetent than the last? Paletta has been awful all season and though he's had little protection this is just another typical example of a short term solution that will just cause issues later.

Completely agree with this. How on earth is Paletta going to improve us? He is as bad as Zapata ffs
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:49 am

M99 wrote:

hmm

Happy?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:52 am

So we end the window with the following signings:

Suso
Cerci
Boccheti
Antonelli
Paletta
Destro

Bolded the loans.

Honestly what a woeful window. I'd take one or two young prospects anyway, not only are these mediocre to average players but they're near the end of their careers and have almost no room for improvement.

Suso and maybe Antonelli are the only signings I consider good, I won't even include Destro because Pippo continues to play Menez in the middle. If Menez is dropped in favor of SES when he comes back and plays LW until then I may be proven wrong, but I can't see that happening.

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Kick wrote:
M99 wrote:

hmm

Happy?

No. Needs more naked girls and heroin.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Done.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Cruijf wrote:So we end the window with the following signings:

Suso
Cerci
Boccheti
Antonelli
Paletta
Destro

Bolded the loans.

Honestly what a woeful window. I'd take one or two young prospects anyway, not only are these mediocre to average players but they're near the end of their careers and have almost no room for improvement.

Suso and maybe Antonelli are the only signings I consider good, I won't even include Destro because Pippo continues to play Menez in the middle. If Menez is dropped in favor of SES when he comes back and plays LW until then I may be proven wrong, but I can't see that happening.

Are you for real? As far as January transfer windows go, this is has been pretty successful.

Cerci, while not a world beater, is a proven serie A offensive threat and improves our team. Destro is a good goalscorer and has quite a bit of room to grow.

Despite his hair, Paletta has been one of the better CBs in serie A over the past couple of years and might actually be an improvement over all of our CBs bar Rami. Bochetti is a variable, who knows if he's been good in Russia over the past couple of years. Hopefully he can be solid for us.

Antonelli has been immense in Serie A. An agressive, strong defender with great leadership skills. A welcome signing.

The only thing woeful about this transfer window was how we seemed to actively avoid signing a midfielder, which is clearly our weakest area. That being said, apparently we have an agreement with Atalanta to grab Baselli this summer. We also have WAY too many players on the roster right now, but many of these players are either injured right now or have contracts expiring this summer. So it seems we're kind of rebuilding on the fly, rather than tearing the whole team down and starting from scratch.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:16 pm

Dante wrote:Obviously we weren't and still aren't a well managed side , 6 players hardly made me have a different opinion about that. And certainly i didn't praise Galliani for anything , just the clear move to get rid of the fodder is all i find positive and necessary . The reasons you gave as to why we didn't do such a thing in the summer also count , but most important of all is what we've always knew , they are just incompetent , they either couldn't offload or didn't wish to , right now after 1.5 year of failures they were simply forced to do so and that's what i keep. At least it really begun , that's what matters to me , i never praised Galliani for anything this January . If he wanted to be a true Guru he should already have found new home for the fodder by now , but i'll take this major move to deal with it in the summer instead of creating the circumstances for them to stay even more.  

Galliani is only trying to fix his mistakes and i honestly see no better way than what he did , even in the summer you can't just find a new team for Mexes , who was going to sign him?? Zapata , really? Who else will fall into this trap? Bonera lol. Again , either they couldn't or wouldn't , i keep the fact we are moving toward the expulsion of the poison. It's like owning a bad loan and attempting to pay it back with a cheap one . Once you get rid of the cancer-loan , the cheap one won't be half as difficult to handle . That's what is happening here .  

As for Bocchetti , it's obvious the dude is your new Bonera , either Bonera stays or whatever and i agree with how you put it , but again , the end does justify the means in this case . There's a big difference between keeping Bonera or Bocchetti , no matter how similarly average they both are.

Bonera we can't get rid of and we pay millions for him each season and he's most always a disaster . On the other hand , Bochetti is cheap , we got him for nothing and we can always sell him back very easily even if he signs in June . That's exactly what shall happen , even if he stays .

Antonelli i agree , i think that was the most solid out of the 3. Again , when in the summer we will be getting rid off of Mexes-Zapata-Bonera-Armero , you won't be complaining as you do now.. and there's one Bocchetti who's on loan , who knows what will happen really ? Better players than him left after positive spells , i wouldn't be surprised to see him leave .

ATM , like i said , i'd have all 3 of them and sort it out in the summer with the fodder gone , no matter how panic buy - reactionary it seemed , shit hit the fan , it had to happen. There's nothing to praise , we are just trying to fix mistakes .

Why Paletta and Bocchetti ? Because they both earn near what Zapata does and they are EASILY REMOVABLE. It matters . The goal is to get rid of Mexes-Zapata-Bonera-Armero . Once the fantastic 4 leave , having to deal with one Bocchetti will be nothing . What has happened here is exactly this , sometimes you have to lose something to get something better . Our previous defence has failed and for what we paid for those 3 , it won't hurt us to give them a chance . Paletta just replaced Mexes and Antonelli replaced Armero , one Bocchetti can hardly make me disilusioned , who in the end stays or not it will be a short term case .

The great win of this transfer market is this : we have done the necessary steps to get rid of Mexes-Zapata-Bonera-Armero and if Baselli does join as rumoured , Essien 100% . That will be a cure for Milan . Cure . Players like Bocchetti will always rot in the bench whatever we do and we can always look for better options in the summer .

I think this summer a massive revolution is going to happen in the defence and midfield . I don't expect Thiago Silva to come back , but we won't be witnessing the horrors of the last 2 seasons , not when the fodder is away. Even if we replace them with additions like Paletta and Bocchetti , cheap fodder can always be replaced very easily .

From all our signings , what i gather your issue is , why get more possible fodder in both Paletta and Bocchetti ? Especially Bocchetti. But it's just one player on loan afterall .. if he is the reason we lose Bonera or Zapata from our wage bill however , again , it will be losing something to get something better. There's a strategy behind these signings , for me at least it is very clear to understand that Galliani is finally dealing with the mistakes he created. It may seem he added more , but in the summer when the clear-out happens and the balance emerge , i think we would have earned money even from players left and the new triplete.

If this actually happens then the activity will be justified, but you're also forgetting that Inzaghi is a wildcard whose activity can not be predicted. No matter who we bring in, these players will not leave unless they are excluded on a systematic basis, but can we count on Pippo to do that? The man who changed our formation on the basis of a temper tantrum from Cerci? Mexes was supposedly frozen out and on his way to an exit earlier this year before being reinstated to the first team, even wearing the armband on occasions. Even during the early months when there was some semblance of a heirarchy, Zapata was reintroduced for games in which Inzaghi was concerned about the pace of our opponents. All the while, Bonera has been praised even after disastrous performances by Pippo and continually reinstated. You're forgetting that Pippo has played with Bonera for years and years. All the market activity in the world won't force him out of the club unless Inzaghi takes a stand and to this point in the season he's yet to make a courageous call.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:44 pm

well , it's not that i am forgetting anything .. i just think the only way you sign 6 players in January with contracts ending in the summer means only one thing , that they won't be renewed . Mexes' and Armero's replacements are already here.

I do concede though you are right about Inzaghi , perhaps i shouldn't be so dependant in logic here Laughing .

I don't know really , the roster is what now , 30 players ? He can keep his friend Bonera in if he wants to , i refuse to believe we would open up so much with new signings unless clear , irreversable plans are in place . And even though i do agree with you on Inzaghi's possible impact in all of this.. we don't really know if he will stay and even if he does , if the circus has decided certain things , what Inzaghi does with the players comes in 2nd fate really . At best he will save his buddy Bonera ? I'll have it , Bocchetti won't stay and that will be it. It's the bigger picture i find this is all about.

There are other players on loan too . We will need new signings too , whatever we get. I honestly think everything points to an exodus this summer and it will include the fodder mostly. If at best a couple is left behind , i can live with that tbh. Point being , if we kept going as we were , it would be an all different ball game in the summer . And really , it's not just about the potential clear out of the fodder . We have so many injuries in defence and they sucked before that too . We really needed reinforcements and for January , that was not bad work , imo at least .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:03 pm

I wonder what our primavera players are thinking. I imagine it's something like "next transfer window I'm outta here!"
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:36 am

The rumours that De Jong will not be offered a new deal at the end of the season have been intensifying lately. I think it would be a pity to lose him to United on a free but I won't be terribly disappointed if we use it as an opportunity to reshape the midfield. Knowing us though we'll simply get yet another cheap downgrade or end up paying someone well past their prime even more than De Jong used to earn.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:03 am

dostoevsky wrote:The rumours that De Jong will not be offered a new deal at the end of the season have been intensifying lately. I think it would be a pity to lose him to United on a free but I won't be terribly disappointed if we use it as an opportunity to reshape the midfield. Knowing us though we'll simply get yet another cheap downgrade or end up paying someone well past their prime even more than De Jong used to earn.

2015 Bosman list

Sami Khedira (27) Real Madrid
Andriy Yarmolenko (24) Dynamo Kyiv
Evgen Konoplyanka (24) Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
James Milner (28) Manchester City
Andre Ayew (24) Marseille
Klass-Jan Huntelaar (31) Schalke 04
Glen Johnson (30) Liverpool
Balazs Dzsudzsak (27) Dinamo Moscow (end-December 2015)
Emmanuel Adebayor (30) Tottenham Hotspur
Matthieu Flamini (30) Arsenal
Sergi Roberto (22) Barcelona
Jon Flanagan (21) Liverpool
Younes Kaboul (28) Tottenham Hotspur
Ron Vlaar (29) Aston Villa
Michael Carrick (33) Manchester United
Mikel Arteta (32) Arsenal
Rafael van der Vaart (31) Hamburg
Anderson (26) Manchester United
Gabriel Agbonlahor (27) Aston Villa
Dirk Kuyt (34) Fenerbahce
Danny Ings (22) Burnley

Dat VAGI when Flamini returns
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 am

Milan 2015/16

Karius
Milner---Vlaar---Kaboul---Flanagan
Sergi Roberto---Khedira---Anderson
Yarmalenko---Gignac---Ayew

Coach: Arteta.

I can see it now Proud
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:01 pm

Khedira and Yarmolenko are rightly at the top of that list. I wonder what it would feel like to actually have a natural right-winger in the team.

Imagine:
Destro
El Shaarawy ---------------- Yarmolenko
Khedira - De Jong - Montolivo
MDS --- serious problems --- Abate
Lopez
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:07 pm

I'd take Khedira on a reasonable wage, Milner and one of the Ukrainian wingers from the list.

Also on a side note, I'm fairly certain that no one has ever paid a transfer fee for Flamini rofl From Marseille to Arsenal to Milan to Arsenal all for free Proud
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:20 pm

dostoevsky wrote:I'd take Khedira on a reasonable wage, Milner and one of the Ukrainian wingers from the list.

Also on a side note, I'm fairly certain that no one has ever paid a transfer fee for Flamini rofl From Marseille to Arsenal to Milan to Arsenal all for free Proud

That means Flamini has been milking high wages his whole career.

The crucial part of any deal will be getting players for reasonable wages, otherwise Galliani might as well bite the bullet and pay a transfer fee for someone good.

Am I the only one who thinks that Khedira can't coexist with De Jong in our midfield? To me they are different types of players who, if employed at the same time, would solidify our midfield and ensure that we maintain possession.

On a related note, Poli has been a huge disappointment for me so far and needs to put in a huge 5 months to justify his place in the team. I'm not saying that he's bad in the Muntari/Essien sense of the word, but Poli hasn't been consistently good at doing anything this season. His role in the team seems to be nebulous and I think that his contribution to the team has been minimal as a result. To Poli's credit, it must be said that his performance hasn't been helped by those around him.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:30 pm

They don't call him Money without reason Proud

As for Khedira, I only imagine we would see him arrive should De Jong depart, however even then I believe we'll simply be priced out of negotiations by an EPL club. Unless Khedira sets his heart on Milan, thanks no doubt to Carlo whispering sweet nothings in his ear, he is unlikely to arrive. What we'll probably end up with is something along the lines of:

Baselli/Poli---Montolivo---Bonaventura/Poli

Poli hasn't done enough to justify a place in our starting eleven, however I would certainly keep him in the squad unless an unlikely bid arrives.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:47 pm

Yes, I agree that Poli is a good squad player. We certainly cannot justify getting rid of Poli with deadwood like Muntari and Essien in our midfield.

~~~

I would really like to see the day when Milan buy more than 1 legit young talent at a time.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Milan are reportedly on the verge of agreeing a deal to sign Daniele Baselli from Atalanta at the end of the season.

Vice-Monty, starting material or future Genoa legend?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:17 am

I've not watched enough of him yet to offer an informed opinion at this stage but I'll make sure to watch a few games by season's end.

Atalanta have the most productive academy in Italy though next to Inter so his credentials seem promising.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next