S
Gil
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
31 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Lewandowski will win Bayern the CL - Page 2 Empty Re: Lewandowski will win Bayern the CL

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:34 pm

I'll be surprised if Liverpool makes it out of the group stage, I'm afraid to say.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Lewandowski will win Bayern the CL - Page 2 Empty Re: Lewandowski will win Bayern the CL

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:35 pm

I would have combusted if Liverpool had done that not Suarez tbf.

But Lewa has 131... 74 league goals. Suarez has 110 69 league goals hmm

I rate Suarez much more than Lewa but that's just me.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:35 pm

thread is about Lewa u pos, keep OT. :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'll be surprised if Liverpool makes it out of the group stage, I'm afraid to say.

Lets wait for the draw, yeah?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:44 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I'll be in Berlin Zeal, dat Bayern-Liverpool final. Just hope Lewa doesn't score a hattrick against us.

Just make sure you snap a lot of pictures of CR when you're in Berlin mate Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Nishy wrote:I would have combusted if Liverpool had done that not Suarez tbf.

But Lewa has 131... 74 league goals. Suarez has 110 69 league goals hmm

I rate Suarez much more than Lewa but that's just me.

Fair enough.
Yes Suarez has a better ratio, but then Lewandowski was sub in his first season for Barrios, so a few of these appearances are that.
Suarez is also older.
Anyway, Suarez is a fantastic player, but I for one am very happy with having Lewandowski and not Suarez, and I suspect a few Barca fans would prefer to be in that situation as well.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:03 pm

I think Lewa is better than Suarez.

Suarez has a very poor record against big teams, its all fine and dandy scoring quintets against the smaller teams but when it comes to the bigger games its important for you to deliver especially if you want to be consdered one of the best strikers in the world. Big teams is probably Lewa's favourite opposition. Until Suarez has showed me he could do it against the best I he will be on the same level as Costa and Rooney for me.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Suarez has scored more World Cup goals than Lewandowski has and took a relatively bad team out of the group stages as their hero, and into the semi-finals 4 years ago as well as the semis of the most recent Copa, and won player of the tournament of the Copa in 2011 leading Uruguay to win it. What's that you say....Lewandowski scored...uh...well.......

Over the last two years he has more goals and many, many more assists in a deeper, tougher league (not a two team league like the Bundesliga). Not to mention stats don't tell the whole story anyway.

Lewandowski is a great player, but Suarez elevated himself above him this year.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:05 pm

I don't think Suarez is one of the best strikers in the world, I think he's one of the best players out there.

A huge difference between these two lines, Its how you use them, Hala uses the best striker as his logic, I use the second one.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Not that Lewa is bad, Lewa is up there as well. But i would take Suarez rather than Lewa. Suarez could do more roles other than just score goals. Personal opinion.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Pls don't compare goals in Bundesfodder with goals in the English Premium League. 1 Premium goal = 5 Bundesgoals. Fact.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Once again Suarez, Ibra, Lewa top 3 ST's in the world. :coffee:

Falcao, Cavani, Benz, Aguero a level below right now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:13 pm

El Cujo wrote:Suarez has scored more World Cup goals than Lewandowski has and took a relatively bad team out of the group stages as their hero, and into the semi-finals 4 years ago as well as the semis of the most recent Copa, and won player of the tournament of the Copa in 2011 leading Uruguay to win it. What's that you say....Lewandowski scored...uh...well.......

Over the last two years he has more goals and many, many more assists in a deeper, tougher league (not a two team league like the Bundesliga). Not to mention stats don't tell the whole story anyway.

Lewandowski is a great player, but Suarez elevated himself above him this year.

You're not seriously comparing World cup and Champions league are you?
For starters, if you're from a weak country there's nothing at all you can do about it over the course of your career.
Qualifying with Uruguay and with Poland is not comparable at all.

You keep saying Suarez "elevated himself above" this year.. well.. err.. how?.. did he actually lift off and levitate? Show me the video and I will believe you.

As for Uruguay, so he scored two against England, one of which was gifted from his mate Stevie G lol. Then he bit a guy, got banned, and his team went out of the WC as he was missing.
Thumbs up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

let's just ponder that one again for a moment..

he

bit

a

guy

AGAIN

Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Out of all the measuring sticks to use to gauge between Lewa and Suarez, the World Cup is really not gonna be of any use.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:26 pm

I still fail to understand why you always have to rank strikers. If a striker scores sufficient goals to make his team win trophies, he is a great striker and it doesn't matter whether he is better or worse than another striker.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:26 pm

How many suspensions does Lewa have in the last two years?

Also this whole big game thing is a myth.

In 7 games against Bayern Munich in the last two years Lewandowski has 1 goal, 0 assists against them. In 2 games against Manchester City he has 0 goals, 0 assists. Against Arsenal he has 1 goal and 1 assists in 2 games. Against Schalke, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg he has 4 goals and 3 assists in 8 games.

Against Real Madrid he has 5 goals and 2 assists in 4 games mostly lofted by a great game against RM in the semi-finals. One game.

Suarez has performed as well as can be expected against the best teams in the EPL and Internationally. Make no mistake every striker beats up on smaller teams. But for the record against City he has 1g 1a in 4 games, against Everton he has 3g and 3a in 4 gmaes, against Chelsea he has 2 g, 2a in 4 games, against Tottenham he has 4g, 4a in 4 games and against Arsenal he has 1g 1a in 4 games (these are all league).

Suarez is a better player. That doesn't mean Lewandowski can't reach his level, or that Suarez can't regress, but Suarez of this season is way ahead of Lewandowski.

Also Suarez scored a goal and assisted two in beating Poland 3 - 1. Razz
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Doc wrote:Out of all the measuring sticks to use to gauge between Lewa and Suarez, the World Cup is really not gonna be of any use.

But the Champion's League, and winning the Bundesliga is? That was kind of the point -- asking what Suarez has done in competitions or team accomplishments he had no part in is kind of silly.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:31 pm

ok Cujo, let's say I concede the point, Suarez is a class above Lewndowski, elite striker like few others etc.

What good does it do, since now he is merely the guy who is supposed to pass to Messi hmm ?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:34 pm

El Cujo wrote:
Doc wrote:Out of all the measuring sticks to use to gauge between Lewa and Suarez, the World Cup is really not gonna be of any use.

But the Champion's League, and winning the Bundesliga is? That was kind of the point -- asking what Suarez has done in competitions or team accomplishments he had no part in is kind of silly.

the point is merely that Lewandowski has performed and delivered in the highest quality competition of football.
Suarez hasn't, which is not his fault.

This doesn't make Suarez a worse player, I just don't get how you can claim he is a class above players who have actually done that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:ok Cujo, let's say I concede the point, Suarez is a class above Lewndowski, elite striker like few others etc.

What good does it do, since now he is merely the guy who is supposed to pass to Messi hmm ?

Suarez is too stubborn to concede his place to someone else. What I think will happen in Barcelona is a bit like a problem RM had before. All of Suarez, Messi and Neymar want the ball. We saw Neymar suffer a bit last season and we'll see all three of them suffer this season. I think they'll still do well, but they're going to take from eachother more than give IMO.

Hapless_Hans wrote:the point is merely that Lewandowski has performed and delivered in the highest quality competition of football.
Suarez hasn't, which is not his fault.

This doesn't make Suarez a worse player, I just don't get how you can claim he is a class above players who have actually done that.

I think it's a bit much to put Lewandowski on Suarez's level just because of one game though. I mean he's been an amazing or great player outside of that too, but where has he been against Bayern Munich or where was he against City or Arsenal etc. Not that he's played badly, but yeah. Suarez has come up big in huge games on the international stage against some very good teams with very little support as well.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:40 pm

El Cujo wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:ok Cujo, let's say I concede the point, Suarez is a class above Lewndowski, elite striker like few others etc.

Suarez is too stubborn to concede his place to someone else. What I think will happen in Barcelona is a bit like a problem RM had before. All of Suarez, Messi and Neymar want the ball. We saw Neymar suffer a bit last season and we'll see all three of them suffer this season. I think they'll still do well, but they're going to take from eachother more than give IMO.

No matter how I was arguing just now for arguing sakes Laughing, I was actually impressed with Suarez' selflessness and teamplay last season.
Sturridge seemed to me the selfish one of the two hmm
If this doesn't work out at Barca, I doubt it will be HIS fault, because of him wanting the ball too much.
Anyway, that's all of course on the condition he actually plays and doesn't bite a guy again.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:55 pm

No definitely Suarez knows how to distribute the ball well, but he also wants to be involved and won't play second fiddle just because Messi is on the team is all I'm saying.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Why is the arguing here between Suarez and Lewa? They are both top 3.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:59 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Why is the arguing here between Suarez and Lewa? They are both top 3.

Uhh Top 3 what exactly?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Top 3 best ST's in the world :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next