S
Luca
LWL91
Juventino89
DeviAngel
35 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Wheeler-Dealer : Beppe Marotta - Page 10 Empty Re: Wheeler-Dealer : Beppe Marotta

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:40 pm

DeviAngel wrote:‘Milan-Inter crisis harms everyone’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta believes Milan and Inter's crisis harms all of Italian football, whilst he compares Antonio Conte and Max Allegri.

The Bianconeri are currently leading Serie A with a gap of 14 points over second-placed Roma, and they seem to be left with scant domestic competition, as Marotta himself admitted.

“In order to win you need team with a core tough as granite,” he remarked, in an interview with the Corriere della Sera.

“If you shake things up constantly it becomes hard to find the 'amalgam' that Massimino [Allegri] wanted to acquire.

“The crisis of Milan and Inter damages the whole movement. It would be good to compete for the Scudetto against them too.”

Marotta was also asked about the transition from Conte to Allegri, which was also discussed by Coach Marcello Lippi in an interview published today.

“We knew we were running the risk of a popular revolt, not to mention one in the media. But we chose the best man available at that moment.

“We supported him, too. If you put a Coach in the conditions to work well, he can give his best. And that's what Allegri is doing.

“I'd rather not have heard Conte's phrase on how you ‘don't go into a €100 restaurant with a €10 note’. But it's part of his character.

“I think that club, Coach and players are worth 33 per cent each. In the absence of Conte, we needed to find new incentives.”

Marotta then went on to discuss the situation with his strikers, in particular Carlos Tevez and Alvaro Morata.

“Carlos has a contract until 2016 and we still haven't talked about it. We owe him much, but he owes much to the club too. If he chooses to leave Juve, we'll have to adapt ourselves.

“As for Morata, we made some technical decisions, but with an eye to our finances.

“We sold [Ciro] Immobile because he wanted to go to Borussia [Dortmund] and we placed our chips on Morata because he was the right young player for us.

“But it's premature to call him a champion. We need him to confirm himself for a second year.”

So basically, Conte left because Juve didn't want to spend on the players he wanted. Right?

salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Wheeler-Dealer : Beppe Marotta - Page 10 Empty Re: Wheeler-Dealer : Beppe Marotta

Post by DeviAngel Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:13 pm

Morata 'the future of Spain'

anti Cazorla said Alvaro Morata is “the future of Spain” after breaking his duck against Ukraine, but the Juventus striker insists he can do better.

The 22-year-old secured a crucial 1-0 victory in Friday’s Euro 2016 qualifier in Sanchez Pizjuan.

“It was a very tough and physical match, but we managed to get the three points,” said Morata.

“It wasn’t an easy game to play in. Our opponents were known for their aggression and defended well.

“I hope to keep playing for Spain. It wasn’t my best game, but I’ll keep working hard to get back here.”

Teammate Santi Cazorla was impressed with Morata, declaring he is “the future of Spain. He's doing well at Juve and we've all already congratulated him for his goal.”

For more on Spanish football, check out our sister site Football-Espana.net.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:32 am

Marotta: 'Yes Rugani, no Valdifiori'
By Football Italia staff

Beppe Marotta confirms Daniele Rugani will join Juventus next season, but denied interest in Empoli’s Mirko Valdifiori.

The two teams go head-to-head this evening at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT), click here to follow our LIVEBLOG.

“Our focus is on this match and three points that are fundamental for our Scudetto campaign,” general manager Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.

“Empoli are a reference point for youth in Italian football and have always churned out some very interesting players.

“Among these is Rugani, who we have bought and will be part of the Juventus squad next season.”

There had been rumours of interest in his Empoli teammate Valdifiori, who at 28 made his Italy debut against England on Tuesday.

“There are players who reach maturity at a more advanced age, like Valdifiori. I recognise his qualities, but at this moment we are not in negotiations for him.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:00 am

Juventus chiefs extend contracts
By Football Italia staff

As widely expected, Juventus transfer chiefs Beppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici extended their contracts to 2018.

The decision had been in the air and confirmation arrived via a statement on the club website this evening.

Marotta is director general of Juventus and the CEO, while Paratici is the director of sport.

They have been behind many of the side’s impressive transfer coups, above all snatching Paul Pogba on a free transfer from Manchester United.

The Bianconeri celebrated reaching the Champions League semi-finals for the first time in 12 years and are on track for a fourth consecutive Scudetto.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:20 pm

marotta and patriaci are two of the figures I like most about this post calciopoli juventus. They've done wonders with a shoestring budget but now we're reaching the semi finals of the CL and on board for a historic treble we must invest more, we're not as rich as say city or Madrid but we can easily blast 40-50 mill once in a while on a great player. Would love to see benzema here.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Cassius wrote:marotta and patriaci are two of the figures I like most about this post calciopoli juventus. They've done wonders with a shoestring budget but now we're reaching the semi finals of the CL and on board for a historic treble we must invest more, we're not as rich as say city or Madrid but we can easily blast 40-50 mill once in a while on a great player. Would love to see benzema here.

Just get Firmino and kurzawa that is like getting 3 signings because asamoah can be pushed into midfield again and pereyra isn't out only cam he can play pretty much anywhere in midfield anyway. also with evra he is kurzawa's cover..... just don't feel like were gonna get firmino but we could well get dybala and tevez will play the cam behind dybala and morata which is pretty exciting.. would accept dylaba and kurzawa signings..
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:04 pm

Cassius wrote:marotta and patriaci are two of the figures I like most about this post calciopoli juventus. They've done wonders with a shoestring budget but now we're reaching the semi finals of the CL and on board for a historic treble we must invest more, we're not as rich as say city or Madrid but we can easily blast 40-50 mill once in a while on a great player. Would love to see benzema here.

Please anyone but Benzema, I personally never liked that player or Higuain.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:52 am

https://www.football-italia.net/128659/breaking-marotta-leaving-juventus

Director general Beppe Marotta has confirmed he is leaving Juventus on October 25, but not to be FIGC President.

"It has been a remarkable eight-year run, Juventus will always be in my heart,” Marotta told Sky Sport Italia after the 3-1 win over Napoli.

"I want to announce this because a list of the directors will be released on Monday and my name won't be on it. I thought it only right to anticipate and give that news before anyone tries to create a different version.

“The natural end to the mandate is October 25 and will not be renewed. I will remain as director general of the sport area. For how long is a detail we'll decide with the President.

"I can categorically exclude the report I will be a candidate for the FIGC Presidency. That is not an experience that interests me.

"We'll explain in more detail later on, but this is what I felt the need to confirm right now. It is an emotional moment."

In his time at Juventus, Marotta won seven Serie A titles, four Coppa Italia trophies, three Italian Super Cups and reached the Champions League Final twice.

Juventus also released a statement from Marotta this evening.

“The club is enacting a period of profound renovation. My mandate as general manager expires on October 25 and my name will not be on the list of the Board of Directors that will be presented on Monday.

“For the moment, I will remain director general, but I felt it important to communicate this to avoid speculation and we will evaluate my position with the President over the next few days.

“These have been eight wonderful years crowned by success stories and Juventus will always remain in my heart.”

This announcement is a bolt from the blue for Juventus, who had Marotta at the helm during their run of seven consecutive Serie A titles.

If the Federation President's role is out of the question, then it remains to be seen where the former Sampdoria director will go next.

Clubs known to be looking for new directorial staff include Manchester United and Barcelona.

Ah, wtf.... such a pillar of our success in this run

Grazie Beppe, you glorious human being

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:13 am

Allegri: "With Marotta there were four and a half important years. He is the best Italian director, if not European. There's also an emotional relationship with him. We will miss him...."

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:47 am

Oh *bleep* off... why ?????

His project was reaching its pinnacle, the rebuild is almost over and we have serious chances at winning Champions League.

Can't understand why he leaves tbh. Beppe's legacy makes him a legendary director but the story remains incomplete Sad
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:16 am

Nah, his story is complete.

He brought us out of the Secco era and into where we are, peaking with signing Cristiano Ronaldo of all players -> job done.

I think we'll find out more in the coming days, the FIGC presidency made the most sense but he ruled it out.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Gazzetta on Marotta's departure:

- A tense relationship between Agnelli & Marotta for some months.
- A generational restructuring, signified also by the departure of Aldo Mazzia.
- The list of possible replacements is top secret but has been worked on for months.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:27 am

I'd rather he got to sit in his current job and watch us for the CL run but fair enough.

Overall, goes down as a Juve legend. Was a bumpy ride at times but what a way to sign off after this summer Proud

I guess Agnelli is pushing for us to be a super club? I'm ok with that.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:49 pm

AA:

“As is clear to everyone, there’s a Board of Directors which manages the club through a series of mandates,” the President explained at a meeting held by Lega Calcio.

“They will be assigned after the AGM on October 25. The management model of Juventus since my arrival will stay the same and is based on three pillars: sport, revenues and services.

“Juventus will carry on working like this. The leadership within Juventus will change. Giorgio Ricci will take care of revenues, Fabio Paratici will be responsible for the sporting area and Marco Re for services.

“Marotta and [Aldo] Mazzia did great jobs. They’ve raised young and great leaders, who are now faced by great challenges like those in 2011, although these ones are even bigger because we now work on a global level.

“We must make sure that Juventus remain at the top of European football and compete with teams who are ahead of us in terms of revenue like Bayern Munich, the Spanish, the English and Paris Saint-Germain.

“We’ve known for six years that the management of Juventus passes through the field, but both revenues and services are equally important.

“Juventus will continue to operate with continuity in a managerial sense.”

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Marotta's job was nearly flawless when you think of it. Improved the squad every year despite losing important players more often than not.

His "biggest" mistake was what ? Sign Hernanes maybe Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:24 pm

You mean HERNANES ?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Warrior wrote:Marotta's job was nearly flawless when you think of it. Improved the squad every year despite losing important players more often than not.

His "biggest" mistake was what ? Sign Hernanes maybe Laughing

Well, hmm.. I'm trying to think. We haven't really done a bad piece of business in a long time, even players like Hernanes, Pereyra, represented a return of investment at the very least. We did not extend Del Piero, but that was a decision above Marotta, and we wanted to extend Buffon, but he wished to leave.

The Hernanes signing was our only signing of desperation, made at the end of the window when all other targets fell through.

Maybe signing Morata and allowing the buyback option, but our club was at a different stage at that point.

Matuidi, similar signing to Hernanes, in so that it was completed very late but honestly, he was slightly above average last season and looks really good this season, so far. Either way, you can't fault him here.

The most controversial move was the Higuain-Caldara-Bonucci exchange, a result of the Ronaldo signing surely but time will tell here

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:57 am

Juventus’ model is based on three key pilasters: sport, revenues and services

The leaders of this models will change but the plan won’t. The Sport Area will belong to Paratici, Ricci will be in charge of revenues and services.

I thank Marotta and Mazzia especially because they helped the growth of several young directors, who are now faced by great challenges like those in 2011, although these ones are even bigger because we now work on a global level.

We want to be the top club in Italy and one of the best ones in Europe, and compete with teams who are ahead of us in terms of revenue.

The pitch is determining everything but revenues and services are also important. That’s the path we want to take, we want to continue what we’ve done so far.

Paratici is not leaving the club in the coming months. Marotta’s successor ill be named by the board of directors on the 25th of October.

Agnelli on Marotta departure

Seems like he did not believe in Marotta for our continued growth at this level, not sure if I'm a fan of that decision but we'll see who is appointed October 25.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:08 am

Is it possible that bring CR7 at the club was an Agnelli desire ? And Marotta disagreed to it but was forced to

Just trying to find some sense off this bs

This may be a valid explanation imo, if the 2 men don't share the same vision of Juve's future and they decided to part ways.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:16 am

I sincerely doubt that this is what they were on ends about. Perhaps by the implications of signing Ronaldo -> shattered our wage structure and recorded our highest signing in one swing, that means the return of this investment, or rather the increase of revenue must be ensured.

I think Agnelli figures that Marotta has brought this club as high as he can and now he wants to grow on a more global level, a larger scale.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Being a club of larger scale (equivalent to Madrid and Barca i suppose) is a dream of Andrea Agnelli and we all know it.

Not sure if someone like Beppe was fully into this, he seems to be more conservative and football-oriented rather than marketing moves. Maybe not CR7 specifically but the side effects of it (present and future) caused tension between them.

Honestly i love Juve and all but i was satisfied with our current status. We nearly won 2 CLs in 4 years no need to become a superclub (imvho)
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:24 am

My guess is that Marotta is actually leaving because Juve had to make a decision soon about Paratici. He's been in demand the last few years and Juve has been lucky not to lose him. Paratici is probably getting impatient and Juve needed to make a choice for the future: keep Marotta knowing he may retire or leave in the next few years or opt for Paratici and have him in the role in the long term.

I think the excuse that there is a difference in ideologies was just an excuse to avoid making either Juve or Marotta looking bad.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:19 pm

I agree with Juventude. Marotta is the Godfather and I will miss him dearly. However, just like in the Godfather, Don Corleone dies and gets replaced by his son Michael. Same thing happening here, but of course Marotta is still alive!!

I wish Giuseppe Marotta all the best, what a fantastic job he did with Juve to get us out of the gutter after Calciopoli and make us great again.

Congrats to Fabio Paratici on his new position. We officially have a new Godfather. Forza Juve!!!
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:21 am

Counting on you to create a good ol Paratici-godfather meme Very Happy
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10