McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Results Comparison Empty Re: Results Comparison

Post by Nishankly Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:59 pm

We have certainly improved leaps and bounds from last year.

Still feel we have a lot of areas to improve, The points dropped at Southampton and Newcastle were due to man marking during set pieces, Oh how this was fabulous during Clarke's reign but now its come back to haunt us. We should have got more out of both games. There is still room for improvement.

The November-December period will give us a perfect idea of how much progress our squad has made.

Btw i read somewhere the average of position of teams Arsenal have played is 15 also they have actually dropped points compared H2H last season (like this table).
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:09 pm

It seems that BR has some plans, he seems to be learning from mistakes. The best thing is we have started well this season..as from last few seasons we tend to finish stronger so it will be good when we will add to the squad in Jan window. Southampton game took him by surprise, not only we didnt have suarez plus the MF duo of Wanayama and Schneiderlin frustrated us. Just that we start the habbit of keeping clean sheet once again.

If we get equal to or more than 5 points in Nov, I will celebrate with a large glass of Leffe.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:53 pm

I think we can all agree that Rodgers should take full blame for the lost points against Southamton. He got it totally wrong, as our performance was dire even though we lost on a stupid set piece. He played Toure and Sakho as fullbacks ffs. A back 4 of Toure-Skrtel-Agger-Sakho, when you don't have Coutinho and Suarez to provide any sort of creativity was a always a bad idea. I was calling for a back 3 that game but Rodgers waited one extra game to get that going Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:57 am

If we can't help dropping points against teams like Swansea, Southampton or Newcastle, we got take points from the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea etc. That is imperative if we are harbouring any hope of finishing T4. As long as we make-up for the lost points (from weaker teams) I'm ok.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:02 am

Yaya Toure in an interview wrote:"United will find it hard to defend the title since they have a new manager and are really struggling.

"Liverpool are a big threat at the moment because they have a strong squad and their strikers - Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge - are scoring goals at will."
Laughing
people dont understand that we dont want anything more than finishing in top 4

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:07 pm

image isn't working, can't discuss.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:20 pm

Basically _34 we are 5 points better off H2H comparison and 10 points better off than our start last season.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:21 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Yaya Toure in an interview wrote:"United will find it hard to defend the title since they have a new manager and are really struggling.

"Liverpool are a big threat at the moment because they have a strong squad and their strikers - Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge - are scoring goals at will."
Laughing
people dont understand that we dont want anything more than finishing in top 4
All of us would graciously take whatever we get above that obviously Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:54 am

Jamie REDnapp says ' liv may finish above arsenal this season' Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Results Comparison Empty Have we really improved?

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:24 am

Results Comparison FU1ksUS

Stated it 1,000 times and no one believed me, the teams around us losing quality/dropping points is making us look better than we actually are.

We're playing worse than we were last season (again, individual performances carrying us rather than a system/team working to get the results), and have only gained 3 points in comparison to results from last season. We spent over 30-40m in the transfer window to improve the squad, we could and should improved it a lot more. We need to do a lot better from now to the end of the season if we want CL football, or we're going to drop out.

inb4 I get called a pessimist and Liverpool is on course for the title etc
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:41 am

Starting to reply to this feels a bit heavy, because this / these matters have been discussed quite a bit in other threads lately... But...

I don't know. Our league position is better, but when we are bad, we are really bad. Like the Hull game, no cutting edge whatsoever.

We should re-visit this subject after December. We are going to play three really tough games on the road (Chelski, City, Spurs) and those matches are going to tell us quite a lot about where we are, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:16 am

We missed 4th by 11 points, That means 4 games. We are already one game better right now, Need to win 3 more only. #FLogic

As Art said, If we can manage 9 points in December, We'll be fine with January coming up. Less than that and we have a problem, Less than 6 and we are f*cked. Ill judge after December.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:08 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:15 pm

bah I think every Liverpool fan would have signed up to be in this position in the table now

if I didn't know the classification I would think that Liverpool was in mid-table after having read this thread ....
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:32 pm

Robespierre wrote:bah I think every Liverpool fan would have signed up to be in this position in the table now

if I didn't know the classification I would think that Liverpool was in mid-table after having read this thread ....
Position in the table, absolutely yes, but it's a valid question to ask whether our performance level is good enough to maintain that position.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Lol I don't think you guys remember exactly how shit we were in Kenny's last 4-5 months and Rodgers first 6 months. We we a proper mid table team. For me Rodgers is building us into a flat track bully which is what I've been hoping we'd become for the past 13 years ffs. That's exactly how United have been winning titles. We are far from the finished product, we still need various improvements to our starting XI but Rodgers is rebuilding a winning culture again. SAF's United would win some matches before even the kickoff because of the fear factor. We are slowly but surely turning into that sort of machine Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:45 am

We're PLAYING like Dalglish's last tenure though. Atleast in Rodgers first 6 months he was drilling a system into the players, a system that worked. Not sure why he's stopped  using it.

Results are covering up performances. You just have to look at the last game, we were poor against Norwich and no one has stated a word. Why? Because everyome is too busy praising Suarez.

How we do we have a winning culture if we can't play away from home? We don't fear teams and we don't have the winning mentality yet.  A winning mentalitt isn't beating scrubs 5-1, a winning mentality is going out and trying to win EVERY game even if it's against the champions at OT, or Arsenal at the Emirates. Hell, we didn't even play or look like we wanted to beat Newcastle and they had a man sent off! The performance from Hull wasn't a "poor day in the office" the performance showed we didn't have the mentality to win every game. United might have feared teams but they MADE SURE they put in the performance to win the game; we EXPECT to win despite playing poorly. There's a huge difference.

We have NO system in place right now and we haven't all season, so the day Suarez is sold is the day we turn into Tottenham ala after they sold Bale.

Look at Chelsea under Mourinho right now. That's giving the team the mentality to win. Consistent team, consistent style, consistent expectations. And they have a washed out Eto'o and Torres as their strikers ffs. They're the only team that can catch Arsenal if they can stay close to them until they get a striker in imo.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:26 am

Art Morte wrote:
Robespierre wrote:bah I think every Liverpool fan would have signed up to be in this position in the table now

Position in the table, absolutely yes, but it's a valid question to ask whether our performance level is good enough to maintain that position.
ahhh ok, that is another story.
I think Liverpool midfield  is toiling  much this year , Suarez and Sturridge have masked Liverpool's shortcomings until now ... and here it is the reason of some  performances...need of reinforcements there..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:05 am

MU, Spurs are mess. City and Chelsea too were struggling, for a while. We slipped from 1 to 4 in a span of 10 games when 3 biggies found their feet. We are better and playing better than last season. But are we good enough or playing good enough to hold on to T4 spot, don't think so.

We have some serious issues which can easily turn the season into the usual disaster of last few years.

1. MOST of our goals have come from Suarez and Sturridge. While it's good that both of our striker are on fire, NOBODY can logically claim them to defy the opposition for entire season for T4 position.

2. We signed Cissoko, Moses and Aspas so that we don't have to depend on raw, inexperienced players; and the whole bunch have flopped, so far. This means we have a thin squad.

3. If you look at Arsenal, after the first game they are playing good in all games. Us! We are fantastic in one and meh in the next.

But I must stress this point: the courage and vision to stick with Rodgers has its dividends.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:34 am

iftikhar wrote:MU, Spurs are mess. City and Chelsea too were struggling, for a while. We slipped from 1 to 4 in a span of 10 games when 3 biggies found their feet. We are better and playing better than last season. But are we good enough or playing good enough to hold on to T4 spot, don't think so.

We have some serious issues which can easily turn the season into the usual disaster of last few years.

1. MOST of our goals have come from Suarez and Sturridge. While it's good that both of our striker are on fire, NOBODY can logically claim them to defy the opposition for entire season for T4 position.

2. We signed Cissoko, Moses and Aspas so that we don't have to depend on raw, inexperienced players; and the whole bunch have flopped, so far. This means we have a thin squad.

3. If you look at Arsenal, after the first game they are playing good in all games. Us! We are fantastic in one and meh in the next.

But I must stress this point: the courage and vision to stick with Rodgers has its dividends.
Agree with the rest, disagree with the part in bold. We're playing average as hell.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:47 am

I don't have understood Rodgers' choices against Everton ( Allen? ) or Hull ( all)

That said ... I esteem him enough as coach. I think he is very good about the players' optimization...
I know Philippe Coutinho like the back of my hand ... he was
always insubstantial when he played with Inter. .. Italian media thought Inter had made ​​a deal with that price
but even the same Suarez and Sturridge grew under his management. who thought to see a Daniel Sturridge so Goat?
as well as Henderson had a sense under him, but I think he is a player to be replaced anyway...

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:09 am

Poor performance in midfield =/= poor team performance, i hope people understand this. BR understands that we dont have some world beating MF options so he is just trying to play to the current teams strengths.
I agree that in some matches he has got it wrong but as Arty said it is better to judge our performance after December. For me all that matters is if we are doing better than other teams and as of now we are, so lets see how it pans out when Jan opens

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:32 pm

Used the table from the other thread, it's updated. We are 3 points better off so far from the similar fixtures after 14 games.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:50 am

https://2img.net/h/s14.postimg.cc/5mtflaif5/sadsa.png

Basically we had 16 points at this gameweek last season, We have 27 now.

Shocked

The only thing here, Which way do you want to look at it?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next