neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 32 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Kebab 27/2/2018, 18:30

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 32 Mess10

Has any player ever broke both goals and assists records? This man can do two jobs at record breaking level Surprised

Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 32 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Myesyats 24/3/2018, 09:36

Messi: “I have been suffering from hamstring injury for some time” [tyc sports]

hell naw, shut up

How do you suffer from an injury and still keep playing at the same level as always
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta 24/3/2018, 11:38

If consistent excellence is the basis on which we decide the greatest player of all time by now there should be no doubt that Lionel Messi wins hands down.

He is a complete freak. Quite how a player can do so many amazing things in game after game winning them for his team by imposing his authority on the pitch and make it seem like this will go on for ever beats me completely.

Even Messi is not more powerful than time and one day he will have to stop. Till then though I am left with a thought that from a young age we have heard how much of a privilege it was to see the best moments of Pele and Maradona but in case of Messi these moments have been so innumerable that we have almost got bored of them. It's like for a change lets see someone else perform at at least a comparable level. That just might be Leo's greatest achievement.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab 12/12/2018, 11:50

When rival fans applaud you

Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 16/4/2019, 14:44

Just saw that he has only 16 knockout goals in CL as opposed to CR's 16. Clearly shows why Madrid has more CL than us in that time span. He needs to step up. This time defense look better than before. He must score more in the knockout round.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy 16/4/2019, 21:28

neuro11 wrote:Just saw that he has only 16 knockout goals in CL as opposed to CR's 16. Clearly shows why Madrid has more CL than us in that time span. He needs to step up. This time defense look better than before. He must score more in the knockout round.

I read that article, as well. Looks like Messi will be able to boost his knockout and quarter final stats tonight, though. Already scored two in twenty minutes, thanks to costly Young and De Gea howlers.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 17/4/2019, 10:29

Well done in the Quarter Final. I am looking forward to his performance vs. Liverpool. That's the real test. For me, they are the best side in the tournament thus far. City comes next.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab 23/10/2019, 20:33

Those times when Messi was a hard working fighter

Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 5/2/2020, 01:05

DRAMA

Abidal starts us off with this quote on Sport:

Abidal wrote:
Spoiler:

"I've been watching the games and not the score but how we played, the tracitcs, the work ethic of the players that were not getting much game time. I look at the details. Many players were not satisfied and were not working very hard. There was also an issue of internal communication. The players-coach relationship was always good, but there are things that as an ex-player you can pick up on and we had to make a decision"

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/abidal-tras-clasico-empezamos-concretar-marcha-valverde-7835552

Messi responds with the following:

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 32 3189276h900

Messi wrote:
Spoiler:

I sincerely don't like to do these things, but I think everyone has to be held accountable to their own roles and decisions. The players of what happens within the pitch and we are the first to know when we are not playing well. The sporting director executives must also be held accountable to the decisions they make. Lastly, I think when you speak of 'the players', you should name them because otherwise you are dirtying the name of all of us and feeding the rumor mill of things that are not true.

Where does GL stand on this?

The Messi-Abidal battle was not one I expected, but pretty classless of Abidal to just say that in public
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce 5/2/2020, 01:09

I don't know the back story here but i find it hard to disagree with anything Messi said.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf 5/2/2020, 02:11

Yeah kinda surprised and disappointed with Abidal, this whole Valverde thing has been classless and reeks of incompetence.

Having said that I’m not really sure what Messi hopes to achieve with this post, it just makes the club look like even more of a train wreck
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol 5/2/2020, 04:18

Abidal has no business being Barca's sports director.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 5/2/2020, 12:45

Yeah it's clear from his quote that he is clueless
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning 5/2/2020, 17:00

Looks like Abidal doesnt know what hes supposed to be doing. Worst off is he openly tells it in an interview. Messi doesnt get pissed off that easily so must be something wrong about what hes doing. Read that hes gonna be fired. Too bad for him if hes not up to the job we can get someone better tbh.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik 6/2/2020, 02:15

BarrileteCosmico wrote:DRAMA

Abidal starts us off with this quote on Sport:

Abidal wrote:
Spoiler:

"I've been watching the games and not the score but how we played, the tracitcs, the work ethic of the players that were not getting much game time. I look at the details. Many players were not satisfied and were not working very hard. There was also an issue of internal communication. The players-coach relationship was always good, but there are things that as an ex-player you can pick up on and we had to make a decision"

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/abidal-tras-clasico-empezamos-concretar-marcha-valverde-7835552

Messi responds with the following:

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 32 3189276h900

Messi wrote:
Spoiler:

I sincerely don't like to do these things, but I think everyone has to be held accountable to their own roles and decisions. The players of what happens within the pitch and we are the first to know when we are not playing well. The sporting director executives must also be held accountable to the decisions they make. Lastly, I think when you speak of 'the players', you should name them because otherwise you are dirtying the name of all of us and feeding the rumor mill of things that are not true.

Where does GL stand on this?

The Messi-Abidal battle was not one I expected, but pretty classless of Abidal to just say that in public

How is it classless? Finally, someone from management speaks about the elephant in the room. And the way Messi reacted indicates that Messi knows that Abidal was talking about him. Truth hurts. Only one guy in the entire world professional football who doesnt work hard.
If anything, I think Messi's reaction is uncalled for. A true captain would realize that the criticism is completely valid and actually start putting in more effort to justify the 100 mil the club pays him every year.

As for Abidal, he is a goner after that statement. Expect Bartomeu to fire him.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 6/2/2020, 03:13

It's classless to say things in public that should be said in person.  Abidal used the players' effort as a way of justifying firing Valverde, kind of "blaming" them in public for it. Airing the dirty laundry in front of everyone serves no purpose, regardless of how true.

I also don't think he's talking about Messi, he was talking about the players who were not getting much game time a bit before that so I took it to mean those were the ones he was referring to. Messi spoke up because as the captain he is defending the team.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 6/2/2020, 03:16

Sport is reporting that Bart got them to resolve the conflict internally and Abidal is staying, btw
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning 6/2/2020, 04:51

Just goes to show Barto has no balls whatsoever, the man is a woman Im still to suspect, ffs, lol! So we are stuck with these incompetent ppl running the club as usual. We are fuked.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats 6/2/2020, 08:12

alexjanosik wrote:
How is it classless? Finally, someone from management speaks about the elephant in the room. And the way Messi reacted indicates that Messi knows that Abidal was talking about him. Truth hurts. Only one guy in the entire world professional football who doesnt work hard.
If anything, I think Messi's reaction is uncalled for. A true captain would realize that the criticism is completely valid and actually start putting in more effort to justify the 100 mil the club pays him every year.

As for Abidal, he is a goner after that statement. Expect Bartomeu to fire him.

Lol just because something is true doesnt mean it should be said in public. The fact that they can't resolve issues between themselves but rather go out to interviews spewing BS is horrible. Its actually the most classless thing I can imagine in sports and also shows there is a lack of communication.

Abidal is staying unless he resigns on his own accord.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats 6/2/2020, 08:21

Kebab wrote:Those times when Messi was a hard working fighter

Bruh 10 years of being fould 15 times per game takes a toll on you. The human body has its limitations
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 3/7/2020, 02:47

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/ser-leo-messi-paraliza-renovacion-8024697

rumors have it that Messi intends to see his contract off in 2021 and has suspended renovation talks

He would be 34 then so it makes a certain amount of sense, although the fact that there was a renovation negotation seems to suggest otherwise
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats 3/7/2020, 09:17

good thing that we have made sensible maneuvers on the market and are fully prepared for his inevitable departure
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr 3/7/2020, 16:11

Myesyats wrote:good thing that we have made sensible maneuvers on the market and are fully prepared for his inevitable departure
Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 25/8/2020, 20:47

Even Puyol wants Messi to leave
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats 25/8/2020, 20:56

Myesyats wrote:good thing that we have made sensible maneuvers on the market and are fully prepared for his inevitable departure

lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy 25/8/2020, 20:57

Change the thread title to «The Missya».
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next