Red Alert
Art Morte
McAgger
37 posters

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Go down

LFC GL Community Empty LFC GL Community

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:34 am

I was wondering how many LFC fans we have here in GL. Compared to the other club sections we're obviously fewer. But I thought it be nice to have a thread we could get to know our fellow brothers better.

Most of us know each other very well, but some of the newbies might find this thread useful. Also, it'd be nice to know how long each of us have supported the club, and how we came to support the club.

Also, if you were with us in the older forums (Vbulletin, lithium) and changed your username remind us what it used to be. Razz

I'll try to keep a headcount of how many of us are in GL.

1. RedOranje
2. Messiah "Aggerswagger (Messiakanino)
3. Art Morte
4. Nishank
5. Schweini (Sepi, Big_Sepi)
6. Fahim89
7. ynwa (Liverpooi)
8. BeautifulGame
9. Donttreadonred
10. Iftikhar
11. Mr-r34
12. Arquitecto
13. Stevieg8
14. Irish Catalan Scouser (Barcapool)
15. Poolsupporter
16. Le Samourai (Ragbirjosh)
17. HEIL MEIN REDS

Inactives:
Nj (Newjack)
Redondo (Javier Redondo)
Mickeyz
CameronLFC
MGNRomulus
ChaChaMooMoo
RedForever18...posted only once Laughing
Bored_mofo (Da_Merseysider)
HsouserZ
Viralsoccer
Edulfc
MightyRed
DanielAgger98
xYNWA
RedFlag
Rakesh (pnrakesh)
Frusciante
Luvgonzo

So many newbies that left after one week Sad We really aren't that bad, are we? (I'm guessing it's Red scaring them away hmm

Nj is sorely missed. Did anyone figure out what happened to him?? or why he stopped coming to the forum??

HEIL MEIN REDS, I hope you don't turn out like those guys and just leave us after 1/2 weeks Clubber

Nishy hasn't been posting as much as he used to back in the day Clubber How dare you prioritize your education higher than GL Razz How's uni treating you Nish?? You need to fill us in on your partying tales and whatnot. The livewire of our section, always optimistic and always easy going. Without Nish our section wouldn't be better than a cemetery. After losses, Nish is the first one to get over the loss and look forward to the next match and remind us that the season is long. :bow:

Poolsupporter - his stats thread has gone to dogs. We need our stats master back bounce , I haven't seen Pool post since his LFC experience thread, I'm guessing he's still excited from that game Laughing Also what happened to your stats blog? Didn't bookmark it at the time, been looking for it for awhile.

Arq - The charismatic Basque of our section, we need you to post more than once in a blue moon bounce Your lengthy posts always gave me orgasms, we really need them in these miserable times. The Basque effect has been lacking ever since Alonso left club. It seems like we get that effect back when you post more in our section :coffee: I do have to give you props on being LFC's main ambassador in the chat though.

IrishCatalanScouser - haven't seen you around here for awhile Sad , but I guess we've learned by now that you always disappear for a time period and come back better than ever Laughing We need that Irish touch back (it seems like BR being Irish isn't enough to win). And, I'm still waiting for your riddles in the "Who am I" thread. I was thinking of competing on who's lines rhyme better smoking

Fahim - Our info master :bow: :bow: You kept that transfers thread alive all by yourself the whole summer mate :bow: You're probably the only one that I've never seen be inactive along with Red since we've moved to GL :bow: The most likable poster from our section. The LFC Warden in the East :bow:

Sir Art Morty - Our Finnish backbone. Our prediction maestro. Our oldest member (If i'm not mistaking, unless Iftikhar is really 40 hmm ). :bow: :bow: :bow: We were truly lost in this section at one point last year when you went missing on us Art. Most Liverpool fans might argue that Hyypia, Riise, or Agger were our best signings from the northern peninsula, but I disagree. For me the best signing LFC has ever made from the north is Sir Morte. KING IN THE NORTH :bow:

Schweini - The celebrity from our section cheers . The epitome of kneejerking. The source-master. I feel like I've known Sepi forever, it's been like 4 years now I think, we both joined goal.com forums around the same time back in 08. Sepi rants more than a teenage emo girl cries on her period. But whatever grudges or frustrations you hold against him, this section just would not be the same without him.

Ynwa - Our General Section shield!!! Always throws himself in front of the bullets in the general section and keeps LFC's name clean from the grasps of Mancs, Chavski fans and the bandwagon Arab City. :bow: Pooi, pooi, pooi, pooi, seriously though change your name back to Liverpooi, it was sexy as hell Twisted Evil Pooi, our very own rich, handsome, and talented poster.

Dontreadyredy - Our intellectualist (don't even know if that's a word hmm ). Always unbiased, always fair, and always right :bow: His comments are never less than half-a-page of pure brilliance. I've learned that you never argue with him because then you're just stuck on the losing side of an argument. I have bookmarked most of your posts for references should I ever get in an argument with someone.

Mr-r34 - I don't know how you do it mate, but you should seriously consider gambling. Our prediction wizard and expert. I don't know why all of us even try to play in the prediction thread, we should just give Mr-r the award and call it a day. You should post more though, your posts are always meaningful and great.

Stevieg8 - Our newbie LFC fan. Our expert on the owners. Your knowledge of LFC is equal to that of a veteran fan. I just hope your love for LFC has matched if not outgrown your love for the Red Sox. Hopefully the owners can take LFC back to its prestigious place in the summit of Europe, because new fans (like yourself) deserve a taste of real success.

Le Samourai - MADRID fan :bow: :bow: Josh I don't know if I like you more because you're Madrid fan or a Pool fan. Wait it's neither of those. I like you because you're an NBA fan :bow: :bow: :bow: Your knowledge of football and basketball for someone your age is quite incredible. You turn up the Spanish style, in our section, that's been missing since Rafa's departure.

Iftikhar - I've been always wondering...(and I don't think you are) but are you 40?? Anyways, I don't know if others have noticed or not, but your love of our homegrown players is second to none in this section. Your love for Kelly is widely known (at least to me), and you were one of the only ones who actually had a soft spot for Spearing affraid .

BeautifulGame Cricket lover cheers Our section's most versatile and underrated poster. And also our sections main foreign ambassador. You share the Liverpool love and intelligence among all sections in GoalLegacy. Kudos on the Prediction League Round 1 win :bow: :bow:

RedOranje - If Steven Gerrard reminds people of Liverpool in the outside world, then RedO is Mr. Liverpool in the Goallegacy World. RedO's sarcasm is second to none :bow: let's just say if you don't get Red's jokes or his posts then you're not mature enough my friends. Red would get my vote for presidency ahead of both Romney and Obama :coffee: Him being an admin is bonus for all of us, LFC fans. We might not think we get a leeway with him when it comes to forum rules but I'm sure he favors us and goes easy on us. Although, I do want to complain about Red and his overuse of the ban feature (on me especially) in the chat :coffee:

All of you, my friends, are GOAT posters and it's a privilege for me to be counted among you.

Last edited by Messiah "Aggerswagger" on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

LFC GL Community Empty Re: LFC GL Community

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:40 am

Nice effort on the thread, man Very Happy

A few active newcomers would be welcome!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:57 am

Great read and welcome to all the new members! Lurkers sign up and express your opinions, this is the best section in the forum. Wink

Thank you for the kind words. haha

Saying a few words to our very own AggerSwagger, you're definitely respected by every member in the forum. You always bring positive and enthusiastic posts into this forum which is always a plus considering the circumstances and issues surrounding the club atm. :bow:
*I'll add to this later. Just about to get off.

If I may add, it's a pleasure posting in what I would say is the best forum at the moment. cheers
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:01 pm

I didn't know we have so many (35) LFC supporters in this forum.

GREAT thread. Not just as an initiative but for the write-up too. Millions of quodos.

Yes I'm 40, born on 1972. I have been supporting Liverpool since 1986/87 from the days of Baldy Bruce & Burns.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:09 pm

iftikhar wrote:I didn't know we have so many (35) LFC supporters in this forum.

GREAT thread. Not just as an initiative but for the write-up too. Millions of quodos.

Yes I'm 40, born on 1972. I have been supporting Liverpool since 1986/87 from the days of Baldy Bruce & Burns.

:bow: :bow: :bow: You have actually seen us lift the League TITLE twice cheers
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Great read that, cheers cheers

To sum up my off and on posting habits, I've either been busy at work or haven't had regular internet access from around January until recently.

I started a new job last week and got my internet in my new apartment connect 2 days ago so I should be more active for the foreseeable future, well during the week at least.

In relation to our section; I genuinely think we have some of the best posters in the whole forum, but still our section is often dead/slow. Personally I reckon this is not due to lack of quality posters but more so because most of us (or me anyway at least) frequent another forum that is just Liverpool FC and get our fix there. I'll try to make an effort to most more often in here.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Fantastic idea. Fantastic read. Fantastic initiative.

I am absolutely flattered by your kind words. Without getting to mushy the section wouldn't be the same without your positive energy and solid all round knowledge.

As many posters as we have lost, best thing is we still have our little community intact as the general 'aura' is always respectful and insightful. Which is why I consider the Liverpool section the best along with Arsenal.

I consider all of you friends of mine. Sepi, ynwa, my boy Nishy, treddy, Art, Ifthi, Fahim and even red who's like a big brother to me.

This post has motivated me to post more as I will start to post more from....tomorrow.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:35 pm

A brilliant initiative & read my friend. . . Have to say i am pretty flattered. . To say something about you i must say you are undoubtedly one of the most energetic & enthusiastic Kopites here! ! :bow: & in times such as now where even the best of us are raising questions I salute your initiative for the extra boost :bow:

Finally to summarize to all my friends here. . . . . YNWA!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Great thread! Top work Messiah.

NJ had to move out of his parents house and start a career for himself from scratch. Plus he had to take care of his sick brother for half a year or so with him too. He is basically busy in life although he lurks the forum from time to time
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Add me. Smile

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Great read Smile Always great to see the quality we have in this forum, and especially that we all seem to get along. Great way to cheer us all up after this run of form too. YNWA

Yohan Modric wrote:Add me. Smile

Yohan, what was your name before?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:10 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Great read Smile Always great to see the quality we have in this forum, and especially that we all seem to get along. Great way to cheer us all up after this run of form too. YNWA

mtfootball.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Great read Smile Always great to see the quality we have in this forum, and especially that we all seem to get along. Great way to cheer us all up after this run of form too. YNWA

mtfootball.

Ahh ok. Missed it when it changed I guess Embarassed
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 pm

For Aggerswagger:
in·tel·lec·tu·al·ism (ntl-kch--lzm)
n.
1. Exercise or application of the intellect.
2. Devotion to exercise or development of the intellect.
intel·lectu·al·ist n.
intel·lectu·al·istic adj.

It is indeed a word, and I am quite flattered that you think of me as such.

Well done on capturing the spirit of GL's LFC community. I truly believe we are one of the more unified, if small, communities here. While I know we all get on each others nerves at times, you seldom see the bickering and in-fighting that seems all too common from other supporters, especially in the general section. Cheers to that!

This thread typifies the type of support and unity that we enjoy here. It's almost as if we believe YNWA is a motto and not just a catchy saying.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:45 am

$!@#(&!#!#

Last edited by ynwa on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *The failure of a post. Remind me not to post whilst drunk. I can't read straight. :lol:)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:53 am

:bow:
This thread :bow:
Uni is great, Ive been busy nowdays, But ill be back by the time we face the mancs Very Happy
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:31 pm

iftikhar wrote:I didn't know we have so many (35) LFC supporters in this forum.

Bhai you almost caught our liberation war!!!! Shocked
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:48 am

cool thread :bow:

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:54 am

It is. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Hey all. Figured I'd drop in to give you all an update.

This last year has been crazy for me. Around the middle of 2011, I moved from Canada to the States to live with my aunt and uncle in hopes of finding a decent job here. Living with them was great and I am very thankful for all they provided me with, but it is extremely tough to live your life when you live under someone else's roof. In addition, I did start a new job around the end of last year which keeps me busy all day.

Over the last two weeks I finally made my move to my own place. (Which is all sorts of awesome. And there is a price to that awesomeness, lol) I also started seeing someone earlier this year and things have gotten rather serious which tends to keep me away from the computer even more.

But the chaos has ended for the most part. And I hope I can start being more active around here. I also hope I can get the time to continue working with the stats. I know a lot of people here are in school, but let me tell you, once you get into the real world completely, it is extremely hard to find the time to do a lot of this.

Anyways, just wanted to make an official come back of sorts. My girlfriend is into Liverpool as well, albeit a newer fan, so I tend to discuss games, players, etc. a lot with her.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Great to hear from you Poolsupporter :bow: It's awesome to see that you're doing well. Do, sometimes, drop by and give us updates if life isn't allowing to post regularly. All of us are like a family here and we get anxious when we lose members who just disappear.

YNWA cheers
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:49 pm

You should get your girlfriend to join the community! Laughing
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:37 am

Welcome back poolsupporter. Congratulations on your new house. I hope you settle in quickly and continue to post more. I've missed your stats.

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Great to hear from you Poolsupporter :bow: It's awesome to see that you're doing well. Do, sometimes, drop by and give us updates if life isn't allowing to post regularly. All of us are like a family here and we get anxious when we lose members who just disappear.

YNWA cheers

I was never gone. Wink

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:55 am

hmm Not sure if I'm deserving but I'll take it cheers

YNWA :bow:
Le Samourai