Valkyrja
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
25 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Zidane part 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Zidane part 2

Post by sportsczy Sat 18 May 2019, 20:08

I've see Luca Zidane at youth NT levels in France. He has talent. A lot of it.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat 18 May 2019, 20:23

sportsczy wrote:I've see Luca Zidane at youth NT levels in France. He has talent. A lot of it.

I disagree. I saw that clip where he let in a bad goal three years ago.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat 18 May 2019, 20:25

There's no excuse for Luca being the second choice goalie. He sucks. End of.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat 18 May 2019, 20:31

youth football is not professional football. It's called "youth" for a reason.

his problem is not talent, he has a lot of it, nice shot stopper, his problem is the decision making and technique which leads to some hilarious mistakes

look at this shit

and no i am not doctoring videos to make him look bad

everyone in madrid know that he is shit, but Zidane is trying to make him sound like he earned his spot in the first team... no he did not, he is a horrible castilla player.

want more?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 18 May 2019, 20:40

I can put on clown youtube videos of Navas, Courtois, De Gea, Kepa, LLoris, Iker, etc...  heck, even Buffon.

These youtube videos mean absolutely nothing.

here are his highlights:

which mean nothing either
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat 18 May 2019, 20:45

I can assure you that if the keepers you named were making such blunders playing at youth level, they would have never made it to the level they were at in their primes.

the videos show how mistake prone he is, how undeserving he is to become a back up keeper in a club like madrid. i have nothing against him, but Zidane using his power to shove him down our throat is not right. If Luca Zidane was so good, then he can go on loan to prove himself. unfortunately, there is not a single top division club in spain that want him. Why? because he is bad.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat 18 May 2019, 20:51

Luca being 2nd keeper wouldnt be healthy for anyone, it wont happen.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 18 May 2019, 21:31

You really want me to post De Gea errors? Lloris?? Navas??? Just as bad if not worse.

Youtube is nonsense for scouting a player, for good and bad.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat 18 May 2019, 22:29

We don’t need youtube to see how bad he is. Those of us who have his numerous errors at Castilla know better. This is simply a severe case of nepotism!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 18 May 2019, 22:40

I've also seen a lot of him... in pressure games although at the youth level. He was very good.

His problem is that he takes too many risks (he's a kid). He's very good with the ball at his feet and not so good with the ball in the air.

Big thing though is that he is very quick and has excellent reflexes.

Not saying he's at the level to even be the #2 keeper at Madrid. But he's 21 and has plenty of talent. He'll get his shot somewhere in the next year or so imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun 19 May 2019, 00:23

Whilst I'm not vested in the goalie issue....for now, lol , did I just read that a goalie isnt good in the air but good with the ball at his feet? That's like saying a Cf isnt good in the box but he's such a good tackler.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 19 May 2019, 02:01

If his last name wasn't Zidane he would probably be bumming around in the 4th division of french football.

And if he wasn't French, sports would be decrying him as the worst GK of all time.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 19 May 2019, 02:03

it is important today tito... with the number of teams high pressing, you literally need the everyone to be decent at handling the ball so you don't hoof it every time. Athleticism is something even the smallest of clubs can buy = implementing a press is widely feasible.

The air issue is more about risk taking than not being able to do it. He's a short keeper so he has a napoleon complex imo lol. Once he sorts that out, he's got all the tools.

And I'm not saying that having ball skills is primary or even secondary for a keeper... but it is necessary in today's game at a minimum level. Similar to CBs and DMs needing ball skills today.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 19 May 2019, 02:07

Real Madrid and his name have actually held him back deez.... again, he's not deserving of being on Real Madrid. But the 3rd keeper is typically the Castilla one, which is what I expect. Nothing more.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 19 May 2019, 04:06

If you think having the name Zidane and being associated with RM has held him back I can't even really discuss this with you because the level of bias is insane.

Luca is a garbage keeper. He's actually bad. If he was so good as you claim why hasn't a loan deal appeared? Because he sucks at a youth level and is barely 6'.

This hype job you're trying to perpetrate is 1000x worse than the Mvila hype job from yesteryear.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 19 May 2019, 04:40

Held him back for 2 reasons:
-  If your name is Zidane and you want to NOT have ridiculous media coverage and expectations, you don't come up the Madrid youth system.  He can't make a mistake (which all young goalies do make) without it being reported on as if he's De Gea.  Ridiculous amounts of pressure and unnecessary.  Bad decision.  He should have followed the steps of Schmeichel's son as an example.
-  If he leaves without making the first team, it's a failure at this point unless it's for another top flight team.  NORMALLY, you'd go to a second division team at the age of 18-19, take your lumps and learn... and then move up to a senior side.   But he's stayed with Castilla and, frankly, hasn't learned a thing and hasn't taken it seriously.

Some very bad career decisions if he truly wanted to become a top pro.  Wastes the past 2 seasons.  Now, he's behind.

That's what I meant.

And I'm not hyping him.  All I'm saying is that he does have talent and has shown it.  It's not like he's Enzo Zidane who literally didn't have any chance at all due to lack of talent. He just shouldn't be at Madrid.

As far as M'Vila... everyone hyped him and for VERY good reason.  As a teenager, he was one of the best DM's at any level and showed it on the international stage.  He was just an idiot and his career went sideways off the pitch as he kept getting suspended by both club and NT.

Anything else?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 19 May 2019, 06:10

Him, Nacho and Vasquez actually appeared on a Youtube channel where an acquaintance of mine occasionally interviews and/or challenges football players from around the world. He hardly looked taller than Michael, who's 178cm. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean much in terms of Luca being good or not. I just can't think of the last goalkeeper we had who was that short.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 19 May 2019, 06:33

sportsczy wrote:
Doc wrote:Sure but his son is a shitty keeper and has no business being our 2nd choice. Shit.

Neither does Lucas Vasquez deserve to be on the team, let alone our starting RW.

2nd keepers never play. This is much to do about nothing.

Sports, you know I do not like Lucas as our starting winger nor do I like he is the one Zidane calls upon at the 65th to 70th minute mark.

Also, you know if he weren't French or Zidane's son, you would not hesitate in calling mediocre...which is what he is.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun 19 May 2019, 06:48

goalies playing with their feet is just for show. at the end of the day, can you command your defense and can you make saves? the feet thing isn't a necessity, and i don't see it as a luxury either. now maybe i'm not the brightest tool in the shed, but as a goalie, your priorities are way off, if you're not good in the air, but you're good with your feet. as a matter of fact, you should learn the most important thing first, which is being good in the air. how will you handle corners and crosses? you're going to bicycle kick them away?

anyways, the season hasn't begun yet, i don't think there has been anything official about the goalie situation. its just media talk for now. and if its true, then its zidane's decision, (not flo or some board members) and he'll be held accountable. for all we know we probably would have another back up; so not really a pressing issue
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun 19 May 2019, 10:17

sportsczy wrote:Held him back for 2 reasons:
-  If your name is Zidane and you want to NOT have ridiculous media coverage and expectations, you don't come up the Madrid youth system.  He can't make a mistake (which all young goalies do make) without it being reported on as if he's De Gea.  Ridiculous amounts of pressure and unnecessary.  Bad decision.  He should have followed the steps of Schmeichel's son as an example.
-  If he leaves without making the first team, it's a failure at this point unless it's for another top flight team.  NORMALLY, you'd go to a second division team at the age of 18-19, take your lumps and learn... and then move up to a senior side.   But he's stayed with Castilla and, frankly, hasn't learned a thing and hasn't taken it seriously.

Some very bad career decisions if he truly wanted to become a top pro.  Wastes the past 2 seasons.  Now, he's behind.

That's what I meant.

And I'm not hyping him.  All I'm saying is that he does have talent and has shown it.  It's not like he's Enzo Zidane who literally didn't have any chance at all due to lack of talent.  He just shouldn't be at Madrid.

As far as M'Vila... everyone hyped him and for VERY good reason.  As a teenager, he was one of the best DM's at any level and showed it on the international stage.  He was just an idiot and his career went sideways off the pitch as he kept getting suspended by both club and NT.

Anything else?

Held him back for 2 seasons?? He stayed at Madrid because there were no offers and his dad was the coach!!  A year ago, you said he would have all kinds of offers, particularly in France and would leave! He didn’t, Why? Because there were no offers!

The amount of blind bias you have is unbelievable! Don’t ever tell me again that I’m biased! I may have preferences, but I never push an agenda like you do!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 19 May 2019, 19:39

He had offers. I know for a fact that Ligue 1 teams went after him following the U17 tournament 2-3 years, where he was outstanding. He refused. That's on him. Stupid decisionmaking.

Now he's no better, and likely worse since his confidence is shake, then was back then.

Anyhow, he's the castilla keeper and gets the 3rd slot for goalkeeping. If another keeper plays for castilla, same thing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 19 May 2019, 19:41

@tito.  His issue is size.  He's too short.  That's his limitation with aerial balls.  So he tends to get pinballed (if that makes sense) and he takes too many risks to compensate.

It's a big flaw.  I don't know if he can overcome it tbh.

edit: @thimmy. exactly. he's not tall enough. That's a major limiting factor.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun 13 Oct 2019, 01:25

I see Zidane is practicing Nepotism again in calling up his youngest son Theo (only 17) to practice with first team. Probably 100 kids that should be ahead of him!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 13 Oct 2019, 03:00

Or maybe the youth goalkeepers ages 16 and up rotate into the first team practices as a general rule...  everywhere, not just Madrid.  You don't carry a ton of goalkeepers in an academy. So they tend to get the most exposure just because they're not competing against a bunch of guys.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun 13 Oct 2019, 09:15

Theo is an AM not a GK
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor