The Madrid One
sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Life after Ronaldo - Page 3 Empty Re: Life after Ronaldo

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:12 pm

PSG can't buy anyone without selling right now.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:19 am

Wishful thinking on my end, but I'd really like that narrative.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Question- who takes the #7? Will it be Mr. New signing (probably Hazard) or someone like Asensio?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:36 pm

How do you think this will affect us as a brand?

I mean Barca will be the club with the "best player in the world" tag now. Atleast Ronaldo kept the insane on our side. I mean strictly about La Liga now. Some people will still think Ronaldo is the best in Serie A but those won't become our fans
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:43 pm

your question is too vague, you need to be more precise...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:53 pm

Hmm, I meant the rivalry brought exposure to our side, some people were convinced Ronaldo was the better player (of course that's just what I believe, I don't know for sure) I mean for kids Ronaldo was a pretty popular name. Just the effect he had on Juve's brand shows what a marketing beast he is. Then he got on FIFA's cover etc.

Meanwhile Barca keeps their best player who is also considered the best player in the world, and now we won't have that rivalry on our side. We won't have these fans who believe Ronaldo is the better player because for example he provides more in CL. I think it hits us as a brand, there won't be a Madrid jersey on FIFAs newest cover for example

Talking about how Ronaldo and Messi never had a winner in the battle because Ronaldo was still gathering Balon d'Ors etc. He was considered the best among some, now we don't have that "best player in the world" tag on our team anymore

Last edited by guest7 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:53 pm

From a brand perspective it certainly hurt, but we will be fine overall of course. The RM brand is very strong, and only a small fraction of "fans" are only watching because of Ronaldo. Fans may have been brought to the club to watch Ronaldo, but we have to hope a decent percentage grew to be fans of the club itself over his 9 years.

The RM brand was fine before Ronaldo and will be fine after.

Plus I think we all know we will eventually sign a megastar like Mbappe who will slot back into that branding superstar role Ronaldo filled.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 am

vanDEEZ wrote:From a brand perspective it certainly hurt, but we will be fine overall of course. The RM brand is very strong, and only a small fraction of "fans" are only watching because of Ronaldo. Fans may have been brought to the club to watch Ronaldo, but we have to hope a decent percentage grew to be fans of the club itself over his 9 years.

The RM brand was fine before Ronaldo and will be fine after.

Plus I think we all know we will eventually sign a megastar like Mbappe who will slot back into that branding superstar role Ronaldo filled.

I don't know. I don't think it's that small. I'll be honest, I was a Man U fan at the time Ronaldo was playing there but when he moved to Madrid I changed club and it became the love of my life basically. I don't remember how old I was but I am 22 years old now and it was 9 years ago so 22-9=13 basically. If it weren't for Ronaldo I would have never became a Madrid fan and I feel amongst kids we don't have that 1 player. PSG is basically the new club for kids because they have both Mbappe and Neymar, 2 players who are easy on the eye basically.

I loved Ronaldo back then because I loved his dribbling. I was basically too young to become devoted to one team anyway and just watched football plain and simple but I fell in love with Ronaldo's style. I tried his tricks n stuff and I think many kids are going to have a fall out with R. Madrid unless Bale provides that role for us now

of course they can bandwagon to us later but eeeh, it hurts us more than you think imo.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:21 am

And now would you say you are a Juve fan? Basically that was my point- I think as a club we were getting diminishing returns in terms of new fans due to "only" Ronaldo. Just like with any superstar player we can only hope the fans that were brought in became fans of the club- and not just the player.

At the age of 33 his ability to bring in new fans is not nearly as good as it was.

I coach kids 12-13 years old, I can tell you with certainty that the most popular players now are Neymar, and Mbappe. Messi and Ronaldo are kinda old news.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:30 am

whether or not the brand gets affected depends on those running the club. there was a dent when beckham left but its difficult to say if it was because of becks' exit or the moves calderon was making. we weren't so attractive to suitors and though i'm sure we where still making moves behind the scenes, it wasn't the same.

flo though is not calderon, the business part has always been flo's expertise. the brand will thrive but its important to focus on the sporting department first. we can do both, and mind you the sport is global, there will always be opportunities for investment and branding and flo is the guy for that. as far as marketing goes, i've got little worry with florentino running things
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:33 am

that's a good point by vandeez, in terms of kids looking at other up and coming talents. branding really shouldn't be our worry at this point
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:26 am

Also, RM is not some village club that was buoyed by Ronaldo's superstar. The relationship was symbiotic, and whoever comes in or establishes themselves next will feed into that. It may not be quite as big as Ronaldo's marketing machine, but it's not like we're going to become Leeds United.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:35 am

It isn’t the first time, we had a marketing star leave. Our brand does not depend on any single player.

And certainly our brand is not reflective of kids flip flopping, club to club.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Mon May 30, 2022 7:44 am

BUMP

Since Cristiano's departure, Real Madrid have won 2 LaLiga trophies + 1 UCL trophy

Oh, and Benzema is the best player in the world.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum