How have you rated Allegri's work this season ?

4 posters

Go down

How have you rated Allegri's work this season ? Empty How have you rated Allegri's work this season ?

Post by Warrior Thu May 24, 2018 4:59 pm

The title says it all

- Tactical approach
- Squad management
- In-game substitutions
and i must forget some other aspects of the coaching job...

Do you guys believe Allegri got the best out of this squad, a talented squad with obvious flaws ? Or you guys believe Juve could achieve more this season ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

How have you rated Allegri's work this season ? Empty Re: How have you rated Allegri's work this season ?

Post by Luca Thu May 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Overall: A-

Champions league was too rocky from day 1. We began with a 3-0 loss to Barcelona after being the pot 1 team. From there, it didn't get any easier. We scraped by the group stage- while scoring very few goals, Dybala going scoreless and cumulatively putting in piss poor performances. An uphill battle. Drawing Tottenham, being up 2-0 inside 9 minutes in Torino to bottle that matches was almost something we paid for, but Allegri adapted and maneuvered through this tie well enough in the away leg. For Real Madrid, we should have done better. Again, not having Pjanic in the first leg is not the fault of Allegri, nor is Dybala going full cuck and getting red carded, and neither is Chiellini and Buffon collaborating for a horrendous play which led to Ronaldo's overhead kick goal. The return leg was a gritty, Juventus display if I've ever seen one. We nearly did it but not quite.

Serie A. We were made to look human a few times this season, Napoli set record points, Milan spent record money, we had a top 4 race that went to the last match. We didn't win the league until the second last match day (really the third last). We had the second best attack and the best defence. Low lights were: Napoli (H), Sampdoria (A), Crotone (A), Lazio (H) [off the top of my head]. Highlights: Inter (A), Napoli (A), Roma (H), Milan (A). This is our league, this is Allegri's league.

Coppa Italia. This is Allegri's cup basically. He dominated everything, the final was a destruction. We didn't concede a goal if I recall correctly. Unreal.

Tactical approach:
One of the best there is in Serie A because of his flexibility and adaptability. My criticism would be at certain key moments, being too cautious and allowing us to play too deep. This was increasingly alarming in matches like Tottenham at home or Napoli at home. We allowed them to play their game, at our home. Unlike previous seasons, we had Bonucci who would mask some of our midfield problems with his passing range. It would allow us to sit deeper because when we won the ball, we could begin our attack from there. Now with Benatia and Chiellini, it only emphasizes our weak midfield even more because too many times we struggle to play the ball out from the back and cannot string 3 passes together if Pjanic isn't involved for 1-2 of them.

Squad management:
Allegri is known for integrating signings into the squad slowly. This season was not indifferent. We play 50 matches per season so I think everyone will always see some time. Allegri did well here, rotated, made some bold moves like benching Dybala and Higuain at times. He did not succumb to the pressure of playing either Bernardeschi or Douglas Costa due to their price tags but rather saw them work their way into the squad. If it's not broken, don't fix it. (Justice for Marchisio though).

In-game Substitutions:
Allegri is capable of making those game changing substitutions like against Tottenham away but he can also wait slightly too long at times to try and change the game (see every Bernardeschi 85th minute cameo). Most times, the games are won by the the time Allegri makes his changes. I feel like we utilized our depth quite well but at times our depth didn't matter as much as it should have because of all the squad injuries we faced this season, it made the selection for us.

Short:
Tactical Approach- A
Squad Management- A+
In Game Substitutions- B

Champions League- B-
Serie A- A+
Coppa Italia- A+++

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

How have you rated Allegri's work this season ? Empty Re: How have you rated Allegri's work this season ?

Post by juvealbanian Thu May 24, 2018 7:05 pm

Allegri is without a doubt one of the best in the game and he is still improving.
I like the fact that he's been willing to experiment and trying to adapt a more offensive approach for CHL.
Also he rotates the players more (could be that we have more depth now) which is a great way to keep the team fresh while we play on 3 fronts.

He isn't affraid to bench our best players (did it with Dybala & Higuain) if they underperform and he feels they need to ride the bench.
Has given more chances to younger players like Benntancur,Rugani and De Sciglio as well.

And finaly I think he is figuring out that Dybala is not a attacking midfielder or trequartista but a striker.
Also "experimenting" with Cuadrado as RWB is another good sign for our next season.

Overall I'd give him a (A).
I see positive changes in him (his style) that could give us more success in european scene.He needs to keep rising the level of those aspects I mentioned above and make them a standard.
If we manage to strengthen the team (mostly midfield) even more we can have a fantastic run next season.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 24, 2018 7:25 pm

Agree with most said in these posts.

Not a perfect score for me as some things can be improved but overall he is huge and perfect for the job.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri May 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Agreed with the analysis but my appreciation of it, is somewhat different...

Tactical Approach
My main criticism on Allegri, he took too long to acknowledge his mistakes. Took a ridiculous defeat in Bergamo to wake him up this season. Another example is how long he holds to the Wingdzukic strategy.

80% of games Max have a perfect plan. But the remaining 20% was a paradox where we have the better team but play like shit and like wussies for some unknown reasons. As if the team was playing carefully, afraid of losing the ball in possession. Why we got dominated so much against Tottenham, or Napoli for example ? Why we seem fragile, bullied in our own lands ? Maybe it was the players who choke, but from my Laptop screen it looks more like a manager's choice.

His motto is to concede the least possible goals and i respect that. But it's easier to defend when the opponent is not constantly in our zone, because our strategy allows them to do so.
Sometimes we go with an attacking formation no matter what, and that was great, as it fits our troops better. Exciting in the end when we use Dybala-Douglas up to their real potential, they were on fire for a while.

Squad management
Positives: he give a lot of play time to Rugani (wasn't that great but not the coach's fault)... successfully re-integrate Asamoah into a regular player as response to Alex Sandro's meltdown. Dybala benched for being a cuck was satisfying. Barzagli is a very bad RB, thankfully this is a thing of the past now, Cuadrado played RB and i like it.

Negatives: Bernardeschi was integrated way too slowly. There is a limit between taking your time and wasting your time. For a player like Fede who clearly already had the Juventus mindset, i think it's a wasted season.
Marchisio... i can't even... :facepalm:

In game subs
This is Allegri's specialty, he is a very intelligent man. His analysis capacities of live situations are second to none. That's why he is able to change the momentum of a match with a single substitution.

To conclude...

i never expected us to win the Champions League this season. The scudetto was our maximum and minimum target. Given the shit midfield and sometimes shaky defense we have... Allegri was condemned to win Serie A and do his best in Champions League.

So, results/trophies speaking, he did ok. But the manner of playing, lack of consistency against top clubs... it downgrades this 2017-2018 season in my memory. All season long i was expecting this squad to implode and have a couple of bad results in a row, but it never happened. Gotta give this to Max because, as i've said, he is an expert in damage control.

To have an "A" one needs to achieve more than what's expected. Not achieve precisely what's expected and no extras.

17-18 wasn't all white nor all black, that's why i give Massimiliano Allegri the final mark of B
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down