Matteo Darmian

4 posters

Go down

Matteo Darmian Empty Matteo Darmian

Post by S Thu May 24, 2018 11:43 am

Beppe just confirmed that Darmian rumours. Claimed its a 'market opportunity'.

GDS say we'll close the deal for 12M. Good deal if true. Welcome !
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Matteo Darmian Empty Re: Matteo Darmian

Post by rincon Thu May 24, 2018 11:56 am

Good transfer, even better if its so cheap.

Darmian should do very well in an utility role. Allegri was playing Asamoah lately in a LB/LCB mix role like he used to do with Barzagli on the right. With Asamoah gone and Barzagli closer to retirement, Darmian can do this perfectly on either side. Should be useful for tricky games.

If Alex extends as it seems to be possible with Spinazzola's injury then we don't need any more fullbacks.

De Sciglio/Darmian/Cuadrado
Alex Sandro/Darmian

+ Spinazzola when he comes back.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Alex Sandro possibly extending is best news i've heard in a while. Been linked too many low quality LB's. We absolutely need him for atleast another year and it gives us one long season to find a quality replacement should he leave in 2019. I'm guessing we'll try and go after Emerson again depending on how his stint at Chelsea goes.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Alex extending is only good news if he can get his head out of his ass. Way too unreliable and another season like this one just reduces his value more.

I'm on the fence. If he extends, good, lets give him a chance. If he doesn't, good, we can get paid and find a player with desire that deserves to play for us.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 24, 2018 12:14 pm

I think an extension should (hopefully) clear his head up for atleast another season. Dont care what happens next year but we absolutely need him for this season atleast.

Rather him than jabroni's like Bernat or Digne.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Why do we absolutely need him for this season? if he plays at the same level then all he is gonna do is get benched by Darmian like he was getting benched by Asamoah.

There is no absolutely here. Its just hope that he can raise his game.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 24, 2018 12:27 pm

rincon wrote:Why do we absolutely need him for this season? if he plays at the same level then all he is gonna do is get benched by Darmian like he was getting benched by Asamoah.

There is no absolutely here. Its just hope that he can raise his game.

goldfish memory

Because he's a quality player who had like one bad season ?

The season before, he was one of our best players in our season. You're making it sound like he's some journeyman player who's only going to decline from here.

Why would we even think of extending his contract if we dint count on him for the coming season ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Goldfish memory Laughing

Consider his actual performances, stop looking the other way.

No matter what you may want him to be, his performances and his treatment by Allegri are what they are.

Alex Sandro's high point (his second season) is not any more established than his low point (this season). He doesn't have a long trajectory of WC seasons. We HOPE that he will. I guess a career high performance is a better indicator of his next season than his current performances on his third season at the club. You are choosing just one season of his three to rate him. He was a top player for just 1 of them, the other two he is nowhere near a 50-60m player.

If Alex had played this season for Milan we would all be laughing at him.

I expect our 50m fullback to be significantly better. Names don't play matches. There are no certainties with Alex because he absolutely was not worth 60m (or whatever it was that the offers were last summer) this year for us.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 24, 2018 12:54 pm

So basically you're only good as your last season

Wonder how it would've played out if we sold Bonucci to Zenit when he was stinking it up with us instead of keeping him and make him perform at an elite level Smile

At this point, you're just disagreeing for the sake of it.

I said we'd need him because of our circumstances and because of the fact that there are no good LB's available on the market which most people can agree on. You chose to nitpick my words and have an unnecessary argument with me. Whatever. I am not HOPING, I am EXPECTING him to regain his form again next season.

Damn. Wish he had an Italian passport or atleast named Sandrioni or something so we could've had an amicable discussion here :coffee: Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 24, 2018 1:01 pm

S wrote:So basically you're only good as your last season

As always you read what you choose to read.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 24, 2018 1:06 pm

rincon wrote:
S wrote:So basically you're only good as your last season

As always you read what you choose to read.

I said we absolutely need him and you chose to highlight that part.

Even then, wont it be better if a player who has 3 seasons under his belt(with 1 bad season in his time here) stays than getting a couple of new fullbacks and rebuild on that position again ?  

Tell me if you agree or disagree
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 24, 2018 1:21 pm

It depends. Its a gamble. In general I like continuity, so yes. I'd be happiest if Alex stayed and performed and did so for the next 5 years.

Now he is not the usual case. His hype gets us way more money than his performances warrant. We haven't bought nor sold a defender for the money that Alex Sandro gets us.

IF he was performing well enough, not even his best, just well enough. Then I'd be happier to see him stay. But he didn't. After the transfer saga his head clearly hasn't been here and having a dejected player underperforming is just plain bad when that player can fetch much more than he is worth.

We were not a better team with Alex this season than we were with Asamoah. That's the problem. That performance level is far too low. There are no certainties, its a gamble.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 24, 2018 1:31 pm

rincon wrote:It depends. Its a gamble. In general I like continuity, so yes. I'd be happiest if Alex stayed and performed and did so for the next 5 years.

Now he is not the usual case. His hype gets us way more money than his performances warrant. We haven't bought nor sold a defender for the money that Alex Sandro gets us.

IF he was performing well enough, not even his best, just well enough. Then I'd be happier to see him stay. But he didn't. After the transfer saga his head clearly hasn't been here and having a dejected player underperforming is just plain bad when that player can fetch much more than he is worth.

We were not a better team with Alex this season than we were with Asamoah. That's the problem. That performance level is far too low.

This i agree with. He has been one of the biggest disappointments this season.

But i am taking the LB market into consideration too here. We need an extra LB in addition to the versatile Darmian. Why waste money on additional options if Sandro himself is open to an extension here which is the whole premise of the argument as Marotta has stated in his interview. 'there's a desire to extend'
Whether his value decreases or increases depending on his performances is none of my business. Thats for the management to evaluate.
I am hoping he does well but i wont complain if he gets sold for less next year cause we require him this year due to Spina's injury.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 24, 2018 4:33 pm

Happy for Darmian he finally gets to join a functioning team again

There's a good player in there somewhere
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans