Kick
Doc
Mr Nick09
28 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Our next number 9 - thread  Empty Our next number 9 - thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:11 am

Do you guys remember when we had a tradition of proud numbers who were goalscorers?

our revisionist historian in chief aka zidane is trying to convince us that Benzema has evolved the number 9 position so much that he doesn't even need to score goals...Rolling Eyes

We all know they flopped at signing Mbappe but we had no back up plan, so they decided to ride on Benzema and CR one more (hopefully last) season.

Benzema is a dud, he is finished. CR is starting to look his age more and more.

We need a new sure thing n9 up top to get us goals and carry the offense.

who is out there? in no specific order

1) Kane, 250 mil price tag or something, he is actually pretty damn good, already dominated our pitiful defense twice. and i guess he is a more striker ala benzema since he can assist.

2) Lewandowski, turning 30 next summer, no chance i think

3) Gabriel Jesus, doubt City want to sell

4) Aguero, turning 30 too, meh

5) aubameyang....scrub

6) Martial? long shot he is talented but not sure he is a n9, but he can finish well.

7) Dolberg, plays in a poverty league, closer to segued level than la liga

Cool Werner, can't play in a loud stadium rofl

9) Mbappe :facepalm:

10) Mayoral rofl

players like Dybala, Griezmann, Fekir, are not n9, they can score, but they should never be the n1 scoring option in your team.

Kane is by far the best striker on the market, but i am not welcoming the way Spurs would abuse us, or outright say "no" given our they are rising up.

the choice of n9 after him is so mediocre that i want to laugh
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Our next number 9 - thread  Empty Re: Our next number 9 - thread

Post by Doc Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:04 am

I honestly have my doubts that Flo wants to have any real negotiations with Spurs, not after Bale. Also, if Kane leaves Spurs, it would be a massive drop in quality for them so not even Levy would risk selling him. That being said, would have been an excellent signing if it were another team he played for.

Missed out on Mbappe but I get the club's stance. The sort of salary he was calling for was not what the club was willing to pay. But a missed opportunity is still a missed opportunity and we definitely missed on that one.

I do like Griezmann and Martial though and considering the release clause on Antoine, why not. Would be a hell a lot better than Benzema. Doubt Man Utd would wanna sell Martial though. Dolberg and Werner, um, huge risks for the club and the player respectfully. Wouldn't say no to talent but there is a very high chance that a club like Madrid would eat them alive.

This Spaniard at Chelsea is pretty good for our crossing btw. Some likable lad called Morata, feel we should look into that one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:24 am

Wondered when Morata was going to be brought up, didn't take long.

He is the obvious choice but he is unattainable.

What about Belotti?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:53 am

Griezmann is not a n9 Doc, he is a second striker. he is the type of player that needs to play behind Giroud/Costa/Falcao/[insert n9] to be great. he can get you goals, but in as his primary role.

@Kick, i dont rate belotti whatsoever, and we will not go back for Morata.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:59 am

Well enjoy paying 250m for Kane Razz
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:04 am

morata? first of all, its impossible; one we don't sell players then sign them back(excluding things like loans, buy backs etc) its not realistic, and the expense will be a lot. two, chelsea won't sell, that simple, unless for a crazy fee like double what we sold him for. three, many at the club e.g. board, zidane and so on, still don't see morata as the one to hold down the fort on offense going forward, in a hypothetical scenario, if morata appeared here in jan, his place as a starter will still not be a sure thing. four, morata knows this and he himself is not entertaining the idea of coming, he never wanted to leave from juve in the first place, he had no choice in the matter at that time

mbappe even with the psg deal is a more realistic link than morata. when a player is sold, chances of resigning is damn near zero, unless its one of those cases where after their contract's up and they've peaked they opt to return home and be role players. i think kane is the guy the board are probably looking at in the summer, the talent pool for CFs is pretty thin. a move for one of these young talents may happen in jan, i dunno

but yeah morata's not even remotely in the equation. i have no links to those that run the club, but i can bet my money on that.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:12 am

frankly i myself i've never really viewed morata as starter material. i mean, he is, if we're comparing him to the product benzema has been putting out in the last two seasons, but i never saw him as the guy to hand the keys to. to lead us post-cristiano; but i'm very happy for him, regardless of my opinions, he earned his chelsea deal in that one season with us. took his future in his hands and earned his contract.....got us some money in the process. footballers like balotelli need to learn from him
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:18 am

Kick wrote:Well enjoy paying 250m for Kane Razz
put some siracha on it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:44 am

May i suggest Andre Silva? The guy is a stud being restricted by the coach/formation. He is a #9 that can do it all, his dribbling is stellar, positioning, finishing etc even a bit of playmaking. He's having a bad patch because of how we play (3-5-2). Plus he's Ronaldo's certified G
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:52 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Griezmann is not a n9 Doc, he is a second striker. he is the type of player that needs to play behind Giroud/Costa/Falcao/[insert n9] to be great. he can get you goals, but in as his primary role.

Personally think the club should try to move away from a "Primary" goal scorer and have multiple avenues for goals. Yeah, Antoine plays best behind a forward but he'll definitely do way more than our current second "modern striker".

I do like Andre Silva but I doubt the club would even bat an eye towards his direction and/or Milan think of selling him.

Also, I expect that you guys know I was being sarcastic right with respect to Morata?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:08 am

We will sell, if we don't make CL, the heads already made that clear
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:56 am

Doc wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Griezmann is not a n9 Doc, he is a second striker. he is the type of player that needs to play behind Giroud/Costa/Falcao/[insert n9] to be great. he can get you goals, but in as his primary role.

Personally think the club should try to move away from a "Primary" goal scorer and have multiple avenues for goals. Yeah, Antoine plays best behind a forward but he'll definitely do way more than our current second "modern striker".

I do like Andre Silva but I doubt the club would even bat an eye towards his direction and/or Milan think of selling him.

Also, I expect that you guys know I was being sarcastic right with respect to Morata?!
i would have said Griezmann is a viable option to play along side CR, if CR was not in such a steep decline himself.

As far as going away from a n9, it's next to impossible. Ideally you want players that can all chip in with goals across your forward line but you just can't do without a n9.

There will always be one guy that leads with goals and with CR declining, we are losing thAT.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:21 am

Curious, a n9 in terms of scoring or a n9 in terms of play because the guy that actually fits both criteria would be Kane. The man does both extremely well, absolute shame he plays for Tottenham, easier to negotiate with the Devil than Levy.

Belotti is a good choice but I can here the entire Madrid fan base here saying he is shit. Where is Dante when I need him?! Again, I do like Andre Silva but like Belotti, cue the chorus of boos and Madrid having not a single interest in either.

Lewa shipped sailed long ago, Aguero is, well, Aguero. Never rated Auba at any point in time. Um, how about Sanchez? Not a n9 in any aspect but he definitely would be a lot better than what we currently have bar Ronaldo?

Seriously, unless some new talent is unearthed, the club's options are quite limited.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:31 am

I like Belotti. Classic striker that scares the shat out of defenders: venomous shot with both feet, headers, pace and crazy work-rate
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:51 am

Icardi would be my choice. He has that go on dare me look about him. Someone like that is what we need. I don't think Ronaldo is done quite yet. He'll still give us numbers that will beat most top strikers for the next 2/3 seasons. But we need someone to share his burden.

There's no point going after the likes of Jesus etc because they're not compatible with the way we play. We are predominately a crossing team so having short, weak strikers eho hide behind the last defender for an easy tap in won't work with us. We need a tall, strong, beast sort of striker who can fight for those crosses in the box. I would not mind getting Mariano back at all but only with Ronaldo here because I don't think we can rely on him to be our sole scorer. Only a few strikers can be our sole scorers and they are all 30 or above.

The quality of strikers has gone down a notch or two so whoever we get will need someone to help carry the scoring load. Unfortunately with these modern strikers they are becoming less and less number 9s and more like number 10s wanting to get involved in the teams play and we are a team where that is strictly not nedded with our strong midfield. I guess the WC will guide Perez so let's hope strikers shine in the WC and not AMs Rolling Eyes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:53 am

Icardi is a nutcase. no thx, we don't need another player with off-field issues.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:55 am

Ceballos came with a baggage, Benz had about 10 legal cases while on our payroll. We have set the bar very low for what we'd accept. As long as Icardi does the business on the pitch I am sure with our history we'll allow him some leeway in his private life
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:07 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Ceballos came with a baggage, Benz had about 10 legal cases while on our payroll. We have set the bar very low for what we'd accept. As long as Icardi does the business on the pitch I am sure with our history we'll allow him some leeway in his private life

yeah, but Benz is CR's lifetime biatch. Wouldn't be a surprise to me if post-retirement he will be his assistant or sth.

Icardi is a strong character AND a nutcase off the field. Great #9 though, underrated on the big stage, just like Belotti.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:57 pm

@Doc, you want a number in terms on goals first and foremost but if you can have both why not?

And what is this affection for poverty série A strikers? Lol they are not madrid material, more like Atlético’s level. Imagine paying 100 mil for Belotti Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:44 pm

You expand the scope of this. We need 4 forwards given Benz, Ronaldo and Bale are all finished. Pretty obvious club with Isco and Asensio, will play with 4 midfielders. Club likely to bring in Vinicius in next year or two so you still need to acquire 3 forwards.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:02 pm

not buying the hype of midtable serie a 'top' striker like belotti.

but icardi is legit, cant imagine how he can work with the like of ronaldo thou, if bbc all leave then it's not such an bad idea.

and still not a big fan of kane. just not really into british thing.

lewandoski is the most ideal if we can get him, 30yo is ok, just need 2 quality season from him and the next world beater will be available by then.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:45 pm

I still can't believe we passed on Mbappe because of Benzema and Bale...  until we sign someone proper, that's going to piss me off royally.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Lets not act like MBappe is setting the world on fire himself. He is playing in a poverty league for a team thats manitaing every team in that league and has as many goals as Asensio who we can't rely on. 2 of those goals came last game so before then he had as many goals as perma injured Bale. Even Depay has more than him. We need a striker who can give us at least 25 goals a season in the league. And as I mentioned before those strikers are either 30 or older. Meh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:10 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Lets not act like MBappe is setting the world on fire himself. He is playing in a poverty league for a team thats manitaing every team in that league and has as many goals as Asensio who we can't rely on. 2 of those goals came last game so before then he had as many goals as perma injured Bale. Even Depay has more than him. We need a striker who can give us at least 25 goals a season in the league. And as I mentioned before those strikers are either 30 or older. Meh

Mbappe isn't scoring at a higher rate because he is playing with Neymar and Cavani, he is acting as a provider. And he would have been by far the most suitable option for our needs, present and future.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Funny bwcause Neymar has more goals, assists and chances created than him. Those excuses reminds me of Benzema's wheb he plays with Ronaldo and Bale. Soon Mbappe will probably forget how to score too Rolling Eyes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next