Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

KDB Vs Pogba  Empty Re: KDB Vs Pogba

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:54 pm

One's a CM/B2B playing in a double pivot... the other is a AM/10 playing in Pep's system.

Talk about apples and oranges.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:14 pm

One is pale, the other is dark. One plays his football as dull as a soap dish, the other enjoys dribbling through men. One is is a CM while the other is an AM/sometimes inside forward.

Seriously, this is a very odd comparison (minus the skin complexion). All I can really say is KDB has a "higher" chance of success under Pep than Paul has with Jose's current set up and team.

And that is me really stretching it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:49 pm

Rincon >> S IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:One's a CM/B2B playing in a double pivot... the other is a AM/10 playing in Pep's system.

Pretty much this.

They are both very good players. Which one I'd pick would depend completely on the system and the players they have supporting.

Surag, this is like comparing Dybala to Marchisio.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Different players with different strengths. KDB is more tactically flexible but Pogba has higher press resistance and better at running with the ball.

In a 3 man MF I pick Pogba, in any other system I pick KDB as his major strengths are transferable over multiple systems.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:45 pm

Ridiculous comparison, they don't even play in the same position.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:43 am

In most teams I would pick both tbh, don't play the same position, and if they did, they would do it very differently.

Have almost no overlap.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:48 am

sportsczy wrote:One's a CM/B2B playing in a double pivot... the other is a AM/10 playing in Pep's system.

I disagree, if I had either on my team, I'd play them in an advanced CM role. They have different strengths but at the end of the day, they both look to score and create goals so they're comparable.

As for the player, I'd go for Pogba because he seems more complete to me.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:57 am

Poga so far has been shit
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:11 am

Neutropin wrote:Poga so far has been shit

He existed before he joined the PL though. And a few bad games playing in a terrible team with a crappy coach shouldn't really change anyones opinion imo.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:10 pm

I find it really weird when people make an excuse for what team someone like Pogba, who is supposed to be one of the best players in the world or whatever, on.

Like I understand systems and positions matter, but if you're really that good you'll perform anyway. How many great players have been amazing regardless of how bad their team has been? Or their coach? You can't tell me that United's current squad and set up is more limiting than most other teams. They have a ton of talent, and Mourinho regardless of what people think of him is a very successful coach.

Fact is Pogba hasn't looked good because he isn't playing well. Not because of the team around him or the tactics. He has flashes, but he's inconsistent (as he was at Juve). The difference is that at Juve he was much more insulated. United isn't a bad team people just expect too much out of some of their players who aren't as good as people think.

Anyway, it's de Bruyne anyway. No you can't directly compare them but KdB is much better in his role and how he affects his team than Pogba.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Of course it takes time for Pogba to adapt to a different league and team (much worse team in fact). He went from playing in his preferred position as a left-sided box-to-box in a 3 man mid surrounded by world-class players such as Dybala, Marchisio, Bonucci etc to the likes of Lingard, Smalling, Rooney playing as either a SS or CM in pivot. He's a great player, he needs time to adapt, his new club needs time also.  As I mentioned in a thread before MU need at least 2 more season to reach Juve's level. Their squad is utterly average apart from a few guys.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:40 pm

Myesyats wrote:Pogba

Mourinho will destroy him though.

Yep. He's under the wrong manager.

KDB has a decent manager and you can see for yourself that he is really enjoying himself
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:20 pm

Yes, this is indeed an unfair comparison.

We are comparing a 120M signing with a 54M signing!

One player who is supposed the best player in the world according to his signing price as well as his demanded salary plus image rights vs one who left his last team after getting only 9 appearances in two years, let go by the way by the same coach who signed this so called best player.

They both are midfielders all be it they have different specialities. One is contributing to his team's success, while the other has had a couple of good games for a struggling team. We hear lots of excuses why the world's best player needs time to adjust. Not really certain if we can place Man U struggles on Pogba. It can just as easily be placed on Ibra, Rooney or Mourinho or maybe a combination of all 4 of them. But it's the purchase price and salary / image rights, that clouds the judgement.

Bottom line is the 54M man is worth every penny, while the 120M man has done little to justify the price tag thus far. On that basis, KDB comes out on top.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Curtinho wrote:I find it really weird when people make an excuse for what team someone like Pogba, who is supposed to be one of the best players in the world or whatever, on.

Like I understand systems and positions matter, but if you're really that good you'll perform anyway. How many great players have been amazing regardless of how bad their team has been? Or their coach? You can't tell me that United's current squad and set up is more limiting than most other teams. They have a ton of talent, and Mourinho regardless of what people think of him is a very successful coach.

Fact is Pogba hasn't looked good because he isn't playing well. Not because of the team around him or the tactics. He has flashes, but he's inconsistent (as he was at Juve). The difference is that at Juve he was much more insulated. United isn't a bad team people just expect too much out of some of their players who aren't as good as people think.

Anyway, it's de Bruyne anyway. No you can't directly compare them but KdB is much better in his role and how he affects his team than Pogba.

Has nothing to do with excuses.
If he had stayed and played a few bad games for Juve that wouldn't change my perception of his quality either. It's not like I'm going to change my opinion of a player after 2 average months. That's exactly the problem of so many football fans. A player performs well and he's the greatest and as soon as he has a few average or even bad games he's crap. That's just nonsense.

And apart from that there have been many true greats who didn't perform for various reasons. The idea that you will always perform if you're just good enough is just not true.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:43 pm

I'm not saying 'always perform' but people are trying to blame the quality of the team on Pogba's poor performances when he's a big reason for why the team is performing poorly.

Anyway, I've always said that Pogba was overrated. He was very insulated at Juventus.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:42 pm

Visionary thread. Not so apples to oranges comparison now is it hmm I foresaw KDB's transformation to CM before making this thread

Bow down to me you numpties
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down