Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

+10
Nishankly
RealGunner
jibers
Busby Babe
urbaNRoots
RED
Firenze
B-Mac
Vlad the Impaler
Glory
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by RED Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:51 pm

Poor first half,  we were too deep, lacked pace and penetration and we're fortunate to go ahead.

2nd half we were much better. Came out the blocks, passed quicker and had players making runs. We also held possession well and defended as a unit rather impressively.

Ibra was great, scored a top notch daisey cutter. Pure finesse. Bailly is looking a cracking defender, very physically imposing and can also play too. Great to have Shaw back.I also thought fellaini gave a fine performance in the holding role.

Overall, a solid start to the league under mourinho. Room for improvement for sure. Last season  we would have drawn or lost that much, so this win in that respect is a definite positive.

Of course rooney hindered the team again, but he scored, so that'll buy him a guaranteed spot in the team for the next few months irrespective of his dour performances.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:07 am

Rooney killed every counter, couldn't help but think what Henrikh or Rashford would of done with the space rooney found himself in sometimes.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:38 am

Although I am very tired, I decided to make an effort and write a few things about yesterday's game.

I've read your posts, they are nice and I pretty much agree with all of what you guys mentioned. I strongly believe that success requires such a highly professional environment on both sides, the fans and the club. You are doing great, red devils!  pirat

Now, I'll expose my theory.

For me, the most important detail, is the attack. I know that with Mourinho we will have a massive improvement in defense, fact which can be already seen with ease. What worries me, is the attack. The way we make the transition between the defenders to midfielders and attackers. This worries me the most, because we didn't really show good relations between players and compartments when we were attacking.

I hope that Mourinho will think about it and with time he will bring to and end the problems consisting of our lack of synergy in attack.

Good result in the end. Everybody played a good part in this win, even Rooney who we all agree he should be completely out of the picture.

I realized what he lacks the most: it's the pace, the agility and the reactions. Physically speaking, he is down since 2014 in my opinion. He doesn't really have a chance to use his intelligence and vision because he doesn't have the reactions and the agility which he had a few years back.

I hope you'll have an amazing week!
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:15 am

I am just happy we beat Bournemouth comfortably...being scrub killers is what made us so good in the league under SAF need to get back to that.

p.s. Vlad I am dating a Romanian girl now :coffee: Thumbs up
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:35 am

Yes, that is something we lacked after SAF. A title is won with the small teams.

hmm Well, I am happy to hear this!

Is it something serious?

What's her first name and what's her native town? bounce
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 am

it's pretty serious

first name is Ingrid...and I'm not sure her native town hmm i know it was near the black sea
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:06 pm

B-Mac wrote:it's pretty serious

first name is Ingrid...and I'm not sure her native town hmm i know it was near the black sea

Constanta? Mangalia? (the town)
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:40 pm

That was beautiful to watch.

Pogba was beautiful

Zlatan was beautiful

Their bromance is beautiful

Bailly, valencia, Shaw, Blind, Fellaini, Mkhytarian

ffs we performed well.

Just wonderful.

Pogba though...
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:42 pm

Pogba is *bleep* class.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:07 am

Easier for us to roll over teams. Every match was made more difficult than it should have been over the last 3 seasons.

Pogba is a joy, what a unique player.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:46 am

I hope we will be able to make comebacks with Mourinho. It's obvious that sometime during the season we will have difficulties and one of the most important aspects is the mental strength to come back when the opposition is leading. Do this team have the necessary mental strength?

We will see.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:31 pm

Great win for us. Playing like a typical Mourinho team, getting compact then trying to hit on the break.

Rooney is just a terrible footballer. Can't turn defenders, terrible ball control and first touch, has no pace, gets bullied off the ball, he literally does nothing but cross field balls. When he got that assist it annoyed me tbh Laughing

Pogba is exactly what we need. Feels good to blow Madrid out of the water tbh. Pressure resistant and will be very useful when we face teams like Pool and City who counterpress. He literally draws players to himself and beats them. Massive coup for us. He needs to be freed up in a 433 tbh. Zlatan has no options when he does his combinations because Rooney is a walking kebab and MAtrial is usually coming from deep and is usually to wide. I don't like him running too much from box to box. 433 would be perfect for our team. Shaw is so good. The pace he has is frightening. Offers a massive amount of width and allows Martial to tuch in. We thoroughly missed him last year and I suspect we would have gotten top 4 had he stayed fit.

We need more speed if we are going to play counter attack.

Valencia-Bailly-Blind-Shaw
...........Carrick/Morgan/Fellaini............
.............Fellaini/Herrera.......Pogbake...........
....MIki..............Ibra...........Martial

Perfact team for counters.

Blind is so good. The guy always breaks lines with his passing. Martial looks a bit off atm, could be something to do with his ex issues etc.

I'm looking forward to this season. Just wished we finished lower so we didn't have Europa league. Seems like us, City and Chelsea will be the front runners. We bake.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:21 pm

:bow: Great post Jibers! I completely agree with you! I also felt bad when Rooney gave the assist for the first goal. Sad
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:48 am

Lol me too. Same as well in the 1st match when he scored. The guy basically runs around constantly proving a roadblock to our play and out of nowhere makes two contributions in both the games to ensure him of staying in the team for a couple of months. Mad Each time he scores or assists these days the team that are about to face us in the next match will be like
Manchester United 2016/2017 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 2 Rick-Morty-and-Mom-Dancing-In-The-Living-Room-While-Watching-TV_408x408

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:33 pm

Rooney has been like a double edged sword the past 2 games. He's hurting the team cuz he has no business starting, but at the same time scored 1 and assisted 1 in our last 2 matches. Ugh!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:49 pm

Said the same thing about Shaw's injury last year, if he had stayed fit we would of finished top 4, he was looking like he was going to be our player of the year until he got injured, great that he has came back in the same form.

Rooney needs to pls go, he ruined so many counters in the first game that Rashford or Mhiki would of taken off on had they been on instead of him.

we are winning but we could be more deadly without that pleb in the 11
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:53 pm

B-Mac wrote:Said the same thing about Shaw's injury last year, if he had stayed fit we would of finished top 4, he was looking like he was going to be our player of the year until he got injured, great that he has came back in the same form.

Rooney needs to pls go, he ruined so many counters in the first game that Rashford or Mhiki would of taken off on had they been on instead of him.

Mou is being careful. He is the face (albeit one ugly ass face) of United and a leader. Ibra for me taking that penalty is an indication of the shift in power. Hopefully it continues so Mou can slowly phase him out of the team.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:56 pm

jibers wrote:
B-Mac wrote:Said the same thing about Shaw's injury last year, if he had stayed fit we would of finished top 4, he was looking like he was going to be our player of the year until he got injured, great that he has came back in the same form.

Mou is being careful. He is the face (albeit one ugly ass face) of United and a leader. Ibra for me taking that penalty is an indication of the shift in power. Hopefully it continues so Mou can slowly phase him out of the team

Yep. Mou is intelligent. He knows not to stir the pot so soon into his reign at Utd.

Rooney's influence at the club is ridiculous tbh. I sometimes think he's actually bigger than Utd, such is his command and stranglehold of it. Mad
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:04 pm

jibers wrote:

Mou is being careful. He is the face (albeit one ugly ass face) of United and a leader. Ibra for me taking that penalty is an indication of the shift in power. Hopefully it continues so Mou can slowly phase him out of the team.
Ibra taking the penalty is just Ibra being the best penalty taker in the world.

No shift in power, Rooney is still no.1 at Man United only because of the brand he became.

The guy is nice, probably an important voice at the training ground and the locker room, but on the field in the official games he looks worse than ever. It's something about him which we don't know. Maybe he is a werewolf.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:41 pm

Not only that, whenever a new player comes to United and is giving first his first interview with us, the interviewer out of nowhere squeezes in a question about Whooney. Like "How excited are you about the prospect of playing alongside Whooney?" Its beyond befuddling and cringe. Laughing
Then you watch matches on the telly and you hear commentators praising every small decent stuff he does on the pitch. Like when he sprays one of those Hollywood passes to Valencia, they specifically find time to mention it, like Brilliant ball from Whooni. When some other player does the same nothing. And then you see Whooni lose a ball because of his poor touch, boom conveniently they try to push it under the carpet like its nothing most of the time.

Its like the English guys are scared of him getting slated and dropped or something, seeing them praising him undeservingly.
He is after all the poster boy of English football and everything.

I have a strong suspicion the contract he signed under Moyes had special clauses written in it like first team player for 5 years or some shit regardless of how bad his form drops. Either that or the managers who are coming in are too scared to drop and face the media outrage. We are seeing the mini meltdown Joe Hart saga is causing. Imagine rooni is treated like that.

Then there was also this story that broke recently saying about the hold he has in media with journos working for him and writing positive things for him in papers.

Its very confusing actually. Very fishy. Its like a cancer. I dont have much hope tbh about him getting dropped. The best we can hope for and pray for is that the club wont be giving him another contract to finish his career here. That will be like doomsday itself lol. Its just 2 more years. 2 more years. 2 more years. Keep repeating that.  And the fkr will hopefully fck off saving us of anymore misery.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:35 pm

Rooney has been Englands biggest star for over a decade at England's biggest club, he might be shite now but he still get's a ton of attention from the english media and around the world.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:00 pm

B-Mac wrote:Rooney has been Englands biggest star for over a decade at England's biggest club, he might be shite now but he still get's a ton of attention from the english media and around the world.

That's because he has a lot of friends in the media apparently. He was the one leaking stuff about LVG. There was a big article about him being the leak and those questions to Mou about Rooney were a way to sort of big him up. He is a cancer.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:57 pm

Nice posts guys.

And you know what's the funny thing about this situation? That he doesn't even look like a guy who could do something like that to somebody. To betray a coach, leak confidential information and other stuff like this. Look at him in the interviews, he acts like a humble and reasonable guy.

But the conspiracy is on since Sir Alex left.  Rolling Eyes

He is capo de tutti capi.

To be honest, I was playing along with your ideas; in reality I don't know if any of this assumptions are even close to be true, but like I said, the guy needs to be dropped and Mou seems to avoid this. There's nothing we can do about it.

Let's just pray together that he will start growing his game.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:35 am

Our next game is away at Hull.

They are in good form, we are in good form, should be a balanced match. I hope we will win. I am still waiting for a 4-3-3 formation.

#rooneyToBeDropped
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:14 pm

First decent test for us I think. Phelan knows the club and its ways inside out. Hull has looked solid and sturdy at the back. Pogba might just be our most important player this game (and in all games where opponents sit back and defend deep). He can draw in players towards him getting them out of their positions in the process making space for others to run into. I think Herrera needs to play in place of Fellaini here. With his constant movement Ander can take up those vacant spots left by their midfielders and defenders. But Fella has been really good. So I guess he will be starting.

If this math was happening last season, I wouldnt have been confident at all. Times have changed. Smile Want a win. Wont mind the score. Just somehow nick it. We shouldnt drop any point before the derby.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:22 pm

confident we will crush Hull

they have played scrubs like Swansea and a 1 season wonder Leicester
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next