S
fatman123
Shed
Hapless_Hans
Kick
16 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

The 2016 Summer Transfer Window Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The 2016 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Post by Kick Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:44 am

Kick wrote:According to Di Marzio, we're in talks with Marcus Alonso of Fiorentina.

Telegraph reporting it, too.

We've offered 20m Euros, Fiorentina want 25m Euros.

I imagine we'll get this done soon.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The 2016 Summer Transfer Window Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The 2016 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Post by Abramovich Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:16 am

Some people need to be sacked for this summer.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:40 pm

What is the deal with Fabregas? hmm
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:11 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:What is the deal with Fabregas? hmm

Fabregas via Facebook wrote:Contrary to what has been written, the manager and I have a good relationship and he has NEVER told me that I can leave. He said that he counts on me, as I count on him. I will continue to fight for this club until the very end and when called upon I will always give my very best. I'm fully committed to Chelsea Football Club and my only goal is to help them win more trophies. #ChelseaFC

He's Oscar back up at present.

Marca are reporting that we've agreed at 25m Euro fee for Marcos Alonso.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:04 am

L'Equipe are reporting we want to sign Fabinho, Man Utd are also interested. Monaco are preparing for life without him, apparently.

Sky are reporting that Atsu will join Newcastle on loan:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10556756/chelseas-christian-atsu-set-to-join-newcastle-on-loan-sky-sources?

Football Italia are reporting that Juve and Chelsea will be meeting today over Cuadrado, Juve want a loan without a buy option, Chelsea obviously want to sell instead of a loan:
http://www.football-italia.net/90563/juve-new-cuadrado-meeting?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:32 am

Reports from Goal say we've agreed a 25m Euro fee for Brozovic. I'm not sure where he will fit in but this team is shaping up to be a 4-3-3.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2565/exclusive/2016/08/29/26981402/chelsea-closing-in-on-inters-brozovic?ICID=HP_BN_1
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:22 am

So, Sky are reporting that Alonso is flying (probably has flown to by now) to London for his Medical, deal should be done early tomorrow.
http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/10558357/marcos-alonso-travelling-to-london-and-set-for-chelsea-medical-sky-sources

Meanwhile, Bamford (Burnley), Remy (Palace) and Kenedy (Watford) have all been officially loaned.

Cuadrado is closing in on his loan to Juve, with a buy-out clause if he plays a certain amount of games.

Finally, We've been heavily linked to David Luiz for around 30-35m Pounds. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I don't think I want him back. Ogbonna is looking like the only alternative.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:30 am

It's an absolute NO from me too. Besides being generally useless at what he does 19 games out of every 20, the guy is a right whopper. He's going to have a hard time picking up his old 'passionate Mr. Chelsea geeeeezer' shtick when he jumped ship for a payday and greener pastures not 2 years ago. If we're gonna spend ANY money, much less the kind that's being alleged in this deal, it should be on someone who actually improves the area they're being signed for, especially in the case of our defence, which we can least afford to play around with. The fact that probably one of the most ambitious clubs in football, with aspirations to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the best sides in Europe, would even be willing to sell him back, at a loss, 2 seasons after signing him, says alot too.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:46 pm

Marcos Alonso has had his medical and will sign today.

We're basically chasing every CB on the planet right now. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Courtois

Zouma - Luiz - Cahill

Azpilicueta - Kante - Matic - Alonso

Willian - Costa/Batshuayi - Hazard

hmm hmm hmm

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:20 pm

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/08/david-luiz-move-agreed.html?extcmp=SOCIA_FB_ENG_TRANSFERS

On mobile but.. official chelsea site confirmed.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:38 pm

We won't play 3 at the back, not this season anyway.

I can't believe we re-signed DL4, I'm gonna do a bigger write up later but for now, at least we signed 2 defenders. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:23 am

We could literally have taken a fraction of this Lulz fee, bribed BM into dissolving Christensen's loan, and ended up with a better defender with an eye on the future and money to spare xD

What a shambles.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:28 am

So, Transfer deadline day has ended, and it was a massive day for Chelsea, who loaned out 11 players on deadline day and signed two.

We now have 37 players on loan, but interestingly, Solanke is not one of them. So our squad shapes up like this:

GKs:
Courtois, Begovic*, Eduardo

FBs:
Avanovic, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Aina**,

CBs:
Terry*, Cahill*, Luiz, Zouma, Ivanovic, Alonso

CMs:
Kante, Oscar, Matic, Fabregas*, Chalobah*, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek**

Wingers:
Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Moses*

CFs:
Costa, Batshuayi, Solanke**, Loftus-Cheek**

*Homegrown = 6
**U-21 = 3
Non-homegrown = 16

For our 25 man squad.

Positives:
Batshuayi and Kante, both have proven to be fantastic purchases and much needed additions to the side.
Cuadrado, Marin, Remy, et al. have all been gotten rid of, whether it be by loan or permanent transfer.
Not one, but two defensive signings, (more on them later).
suitable loans for many of our promising youngsters.
Kept Fabregas, Costa, Courtois, Begovic, Azpilicueta, and all of our other key players.

Negatives:
Missed out on many of our main targets and spent large parts of summer chasing shadows.
Overpaid for Luiz and Alonso.
Didn't manage to outright sell Remy and Cuadrado.

On Alonso:
I've read some real positive comments about him, but there is an equal amount of negative comments floating around. He seems like a solid attacking left back option, and he seems like a Conte-like player, who will work hard for the team and offer us something different. I think he'll turn out to be a decent signing, and could become a bit of an Azpilicueta-like signing. We shall see, but I will refrain from judgement until he's played for us for a while.

On Luiz:
Wow. On an off the field level, I am excited to see him back, he will bring happiness to the club. However, he hasn't improved on the field and we all know what he is like on the field. He is the ball playing CB that Conte wanted but will he listen to Conte and fit into our system? Remains to be seen. I remain skeptical but I am curious to see how Conte uses him.

Also, if he is a starter, who gets dropped, Terry or Cahill?

Bonus Positive: Zouma - Luiz will be a very solid CB pairing, on Fifa Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:39 am

Shed wrote:We could literally have taken a fraction of this Lulz fee, bribed BM into dissolving Christensen's loan, and ended up with a better defender with an eye on the future and money to spare xD
Max Eberl can't be bribed easily and he is a very shrewd negotiator. ^^

Actually with these new CBs it looks increasingly possible that Eberl will manage to talk Chelsea into selling Andreas Christensen as the current set up wouldn't give him many opportunities to become a starter for Chelsea.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:21 am

rwo power wrote:
Shed wrote:We could literally have taken a fraction of this Lulz fee, bribed BM into dissolving Christensen's loan, and ended up with a better defender with an eye on the future and money to spare xD
Max Eberl can't be bribed easily and he is a very shrewd negotiator. ^^

Actually with these new CBs it looks increasingly possible that Eberl will manage to talk Chelsea into selling Andreas Christensen as the current set up wouldn't give him many opportunities to become a starter for Chelsea.

I doubt it, Chelsea have Christensen very much in their plans, and he is likely to be Terry's replacement at the end of this season.

The David Luiz signing isn't going to change that, especially if Conte doesn't like him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12