Unique
Arquitecto
RedOranje
iftikhar
McAgger
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque - Page 2 Empty Re: Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:34 pm

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/01/is-alberto-moreno-in-risk-of-losing-his-place-to-jon-flanagan-or-brad-smith/ Thoughts...

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque - Page 2 Empty Re: Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque

Post by Adit Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:53 pm

He hasn't improved one bit from his Sevilla days. Weak as ever in defense. No brain imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:54 pm

Moreno was much more irritating at the start of the season, he has improved his positioning while defending a lot.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:22 pm

iftikhar wrote:http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/01/is-alberto-moreno-in-risk-of-losing-his-place-to-jon-flanagan-or-brad-smith/ Thoughts...

Pretty simple I've been saying it for a while now. Smith has been much better than Moreno in his short time playing with the team, and 13/14 Flanagan was simply a much better player than Moreno.

Now while the sample size for those two recently has been small, at least one of them deserves a shot at that starting spot because Moreno has done nothing to earn it. And for god's sake stop letting Moreno take set pieces he's awful.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Curtinho wrote:
iftikhar wrote:http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/01/is-alberto-moreno-in-risk-of-losing-his-place-to-jon-flanagan-or-brad-smith/ Thoughts...

Pretty simple I've been saying it for a while now. Smith has been much better than Moreno in his short time playing with the team, and 13/14 Flanagan was simply a much better player than Moreno.

Now while the sample size for those two recently has been small, at least one of them deserves a shot at that starting spot because Moreno has done nothing to earn it. And for god's sake stop letting Moreno take set pieces he's awful.

Excuse me but I have to follow up on this.

Now I'm not Moreno's biggest fan. I was attacked by Arq for calling him shit on chat last year lol.

Didn't mean he was "shit, period", he's talented and has a lot of drive which is good, but he's a headless chicken to a degree that is too much for a defender.

I also though that Smith kid looked good.

But "have been saying for a while Smith should start over Moreno".
SHOULD?
Based on what games? Cup games against 4th division?
One League cup game?

And what is 'a while'? If I understand correctly, the kid was already out of contract for you.
Basically he was only still there when Klopp came in because no new club had yet taken him and paid a compensation?

He's got a contract only in November? Played a couple of games now, only since Klopp came in?

All he played before was one sub appearance last year or so?

How can you earnestly wring your hands and pretend you've been calling for him to be a starter for 'a while'?
That sounds ridiculous.

First of all, you can't throw a first teamer out just because a kid gives 2 good appearances.
That's not how a manager can work.
Secondly, Klopp has insisted on the need for taking it slow with youngsters and letting them develop.

So, sorry, this "he needs to start over Moreno and it is about high time Klopp realizes this", I have to call BS on that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:22 pm

You can call BS on it all you want. If Moreno were performing and some experienced veteran with a history of being a solid player it would be a different story. He isn't either of those things. He's had a very negative impact on the team in general (especially lately) with his defending (or lack there of) and has not contributed almost anything in a positive way. He's been a body that's there who looks ok sometimes, but is often abused. Honestly actually watch Liverpool play and see how many times the opposing team's attacks start down the left and are finished on his side, or come in from his side because of his ineptitude.

Yes, he SHOULD get a chance over a player that keeps getting chance upon chance to show his worth and is constantly letting the team down.

Meanwhile Smith's situation came about as a result of contractual issues (his people were trying to get a move for more first team playing time, because you know Liverpool went out and bought another leftback after Flanno got injured and even though he's been a liability his entire Liverpool career they put him out every week). Liverpool had already offered him a contract that he didn't accept. He was always highly rated in the Academy but never really got his chance until injuries and the contract dispute were settled.

What's BS is your post white-knighting a 'first teamer' without any context whatsoever. Watch Liverpool week in and week out, follow their academy and then come back with this crap. I'll even let you use my LiverpoolTV account, maybe.

For the record 'a while' is since Smith got his contract sorted out and I've been asking for an improvement to Moreno at Liverpool (I was even calling for Enrique to play over him last season) basically since he got there. I am not stuck on it just being Smith, but he's more fit than Flanno at the moment and has barely put a foot wrong in the games he's featured in. So yes, based on Moreno being shit and Smith putting in the work and showing some goods he deserves a chance over someone who should be benched for being a consistent liability.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:15 am

Hans go away with that shit. You are wrong. Shoo.

Spoiler:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:23 pm

if you look at the move for the Norwich pen the other day Moreno didn't make one mistake he made loads. the first one was he saw the run late. the 2nd was when he did chase back he went on the out side of the man wich would mean he would not only be chalaging the man with his weaker foot the ball would have gone towards goal had he made the chalange. we all know the comedy fun he gave us after that. when I used to play football I was a full back so I watch full backs closly. when I watch Moreno I either pull my hair out or I'm like this rofl rofl rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:52 pm

request to change thread title to:

Alberto Moreno || “even Lionel Messi can make mistakes”
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:55 pm

Arquitescu wrote:The *bleep* is this title?!

Despite my long support for Moreno I sincerely hope he flops in Liverpool to counter your headline. Funny considering he looks a bumpkin straight out of Santurzi.

Worse than the *bleep* avatar you've oh so considerately provided me with.

But rather have the most Andalucián of the region replace GFJ.

Arq got his wish Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:00 pm

Moreno had a shocker against Arsenal, but I still think he's more skillful than your most left-backs. I don't mind a new LB, I don't mind Moreno playing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:38 pm

If you don't mind Moreno playing you must be a masochist, or you want to see Liverpool hemorrhage goals from that side all season.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:00 pm

Curtinho wrote:If you don't mind Moreno playing you must be a masochist, or you want to see Liverpool hemorrhage goals from that side all season.

Yeah, we'll see.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:25 am

He's not the best. I'll be the first to admit it. Called for his clueless head in his first season, which was probably unfair as he needed time to settle / adapt etc but reminded me of a poor man's Riise from the get go. Has the defensive awareness as PFK ffs.

BUT.

He DOES have certain attacking qualities. Attacking qualities Klopp believes in and wants to work with. He gets along with majority of the squad; AGAIN something Klopp wants to create here (a perfect squad harmony). Give him time, and hopefully Klopp can help him become at least competent. There's no point going out and signing a player that Klopp does not fancy. We don't have Rodgers in charge anymore, so you can expect stupid panic transfers to happen.

With that said, we won a Champions League final with Traore ffs.
We title challenged couple seasons back with Suarez/SAS carrying Cissokho / Enrique / Flanagan / past his prime Johnson (you'll always be my fav Gleninho  Sad ).
Hopefully Moreno can join those company because we'll have a successful season if so. hmm

Thought I'd share this too. (Seen on reddit)

Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque - Page 2 CqLFQKgWEAAEd_0

(ALSO NOTE: My favourite part of the whole thing. Klopp is taking ALL the criticism when it comes with Moreno. He's not throwing his players under the bus. What a man. :wub: )
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Red Alert wrote:He's not the best. I'll be the first to admit it. Called for his clueless head in his first season, which was probably unfair as he needed time to settle / adapt etc but reminded me of a poor man's Riise from the get go. Has the defensive awareness as PFK ffs.

BUT.

He DOES have certain attacking qualities. Attacking qualities Klopp believes in and wants to work with. He gets along with majority of the squad; AGAIN something Klopp wants to create here (a perfect squad harmony). Give him time, and hopefully Klopp can help him become at least competent. There's no point going out and signing a player that Klopp does not fancy. We don't have Rodgers in charge anymore, so you can expect stupid panic transfers to happen.

With that said, we won a Champions League final with Traore ffs.
We title challenged couple seasons back with Suarez/SAS carrying Cissokho / Enrique / Flanagan / past his prime Johnson (you'll always be my fav Gleninho  Sad ).
Hopefully Moreno can join those company because we'll have a successful season if so. hmm

Thought I'd share this too. (Seen on reddit)

Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque - Page 2 CqLFQKgWEAAEd_0

(ALSO NOTE: My favourite part of the whole thing. Klopp is taking ALL the criticism when it comes with Moreno. He's not throwing his players under the bus. What a man. :wub: )
the only down side to that is someone has to go under the bus. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque - Page 2 C0xuqx10
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:56 pm

...and to think we could have pocketed 11 freaking millions for him... :facepalm: :brickwall:

Frankly, if Kloop still wishes to play him, play him as LW; he is as good a LB as Lovren.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:36 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alberto-moreno-ive-made-liverpool-13699003 Shocked
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:42 pm

he is the worst defender I have ever seen.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:50 pm

iftikhar wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alberto-moreno-ive-made-liverpool-13699003 Shocked

right Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:54 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-alberto-moreno-went-fringes-13765025

Liverpool Echo is acting like prime Pravda these days.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:54 pm

as the saying goes you can polish a turd but its still a turd
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque - Page 2 Dntgg510

Middle row, first from left cheers
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:27 pm

rofl
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:11 pm

He's not and has never been good enough to wear the LFC shirt, Same goes for a number of players in the squad. Klopp has to fix this in January. Robertson is probably still in Hull.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Nishankly wrote:He's not and has never been good enough to wear the LFC shirt, Same goes for a number of players in the squad. Klopp has to fix this in January. Robertson is probably still in Hull.
tbh when ever ive seen Robertson play for us he has done well.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next