B-Mac
cyberman
18 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ander Herrera - Page 6 Empty Re: Ander Herrera

Post by Arquitecto Mon 23 Mar 2015, 22:09

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:In Basque Country, English is not mandatory yet is highly encourage therefore along with French, learned commonly within the region.

Ander was and still is loved within Bilbao despite an earlier than expected departure. He frustrated many with his reckless tackles or volatile mentality yet consistently was the complete bastion of performance to which won Athletic many games as there literally (aside from his tackles or finishing) is nothing he cannot do.

Its such a shame that a shit club like United have him. vaan Gaal you ugly mug, please don't *bleep* up in misusing him.

as a matter of fact right now he is playing considerably better than when he was with your Basque team.

And his weaknesses you mentioned, like reckless tackling etc have got considerably reduced this season.

for eg. His past 5 years in La liga football with Zaragoza and Athletic, he had a whopping 49 yellow cards and 5 red cards with an average 10 and 1 respectively per season where as this season its just 3 yellow cards and 0 reds, or legitimately just 2 yellows as one was incorrectly given to appease the crazy pool fans yesterday after stompy G did his class act on Ander.
Furthermore His fouls have decreased, his successful tackles has increased, his blocks have increased slightly, interceptions and clearances are more or less the same.
All these according to whoscored.

So lol take your frustration some where else. 'He is still loved' Laughing If you really mean what you said that is if he is still loved then you must be enjoying what lvg is doing with him, which is nothing but simply transforming him into a beast.  Proud :coffee:

Blanche I can't comment on Ander enough at United outside the few times I have seen him so cannot make a proper opinion. I'm basing it off some of the times I've seen him outside his optimized position and the fan opinions that he hasn't truly set his mark.

If you say he's been better in Manchester than what he was in Bilbao, then that is quite a benchmark to which is one I am skeptical about, though I will have to watch more consistently to see if true.

His weaknesses? It is encouraging to see those stats and how van Gaal can further augment him as a player as the man truly has it all within his footballing arsenal.

@Bmac. Yes there is a need to be upset you scrub. Seeing one of the future stars Basque Country deployed into Liverpool's rival club most definitely has me extraordinarily salty. So yes, I'm quite upset.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon 23 Mar 2015, 23:23

Arquitescu wrote:
Blanche I can't comment on Ander enough at United outside the few times I have seen him so cannot make a proper opinion. I'm basing it off some of the times I've seen him outside his optimized position and the fan opinions that he hasn't truly set his mark.

If you say he's been better in Manchester than what he was in Bilbao, then that is quite a benchmark to which is one I am skeptical about, though I will have to watch more consistently to see if true.

His weaknesses? It is encouraging to see those stats and how van Gaal can further augment him as a player as the man truly has it all within his footballing arsenal.

@Bmac. Yes there is a need to be upset you scrub. Seeing one of the future stars Basque Country deployed into Liverpool's rival club most definitely has me extraordinarily salty. So yes, I'm quite upset.

Really ?? which fans have you asked/heard ? As far as I know, right from the time he made his debut he has been a fan favorite. Even if theres some hate, it must be from a small section.

Will give you a quick summary. He started brilliantly with us, with the zenith coming during the West Ham game at home where we won, with him absolutely bossing both offensively and defensively. But more on the offensive side. Then he got injured and was out for some time and after that different players took his spot. Even in the odd cup games or substitution appearances he got he never looked bad, the whole team was poor that time, but Ander every time he got on the pitch looked class.
Only in the recent past he again began to start games and has never looked back ever since.

Its evident LvG has polished his game. Theres more control in his game and thats entirely cos of Lvg. It was because he was more offensive in his approach to the extent lvg didnt like, he was out of the team for some time. Perhaps it can be argued,but surely it had a bearing, I mean his style of play. And during that time, its certain when we see him play now that he has worked on his defensive game and has curbed his attacking instincts thereby becoming a better all round footballer. A pure CM.

You say he was very good at AB and then point out his weaknesses were unsuccessful tackles and odd lose of head. That must mean he would have been quite good in his attacking game right ? And in AB he played in attacking midfield as well, isnt it along with CM ? Here he is entirely a CM. And thats why the stats, I mean the overall stats point out that he had goals and assists when he played in Spain where as now he has lesser goals and assists obviously, but more of defensive attributes, less of errors and more of control in his game.

Will back it up with stats if you want. See this

At Bilbao
key pass per game 1.4 +, dribbles 1.1+ , but came along with that 'adventurous' style of play were  undesirable ones like 1.5+ times per game getting dispossessed, and 1.5 + bad touch.

At United
key pass per game is 1, dribbles is 0.9 per game But he is only being dispossessed once (1) per every match and his bad touch reduced to a mere 0.3 per game.

His passing stats are
88.8 % pass completion ratio this season where as AB, it was 81 %

Added to these, the above mentioned defensive comparison and improvement in that part, its safe to say that Ander Herrera was an adventurous, but prone to mistakes,  type of attack minded midfielder at AB where as at United he is a much more controlled and all round CM who plays the game far more intelligently and as per the need.
Heck again in pure statistical terms, he had a rating of 7.19 when he was at Bilbao where as here its 7.25 despite the fact that 7 of his 18 league appearances for us have been from the bench when normally players's rating take a dip because of lesser involvement.  

And these are just not stat padding for the sake of wining an argument. You may not be, but We United fans are watching him day in day out and we can easily say that he is a better player now than he was say, when he came here. So, buzz off dude! Razz

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue 24 Mar 2015, 09:06

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

Really ?? which fans have you asked/heard ? As far as I know, right from the time he made his debut he has been a fan favorite. Even if theres some hate, it must be from a small section.

Will give you a quick summary. He started brilliantly with us, with the zenith coming during the West Ham game at home where we won, with him absolutely bossing both offensively and defensively. But more on the offensive side. Then he got injured and was out for some time and after that different players took his spot. Even in the odd cup games or substitution appearances he got he never looked bad, the whole team was poor that time, but Ander every time he got on the pitch looked class.
Only in the recent past he again began to start games and has never looked back ever since.

Its evident LvG has polished his game. Theres more control in his game and thats entirely cos of Lvg. It was because he was more offensive in his approach to the extent lvg didnt like, he was out of the team for some time. Perhaps it can be argued,but surely it had a bearing, I mean his style of play. And during that time, its certain when we see him play now that he has worked on his defensive game and has curbed his attacking instincts thereby becoming a better all round footballer. A pure CM.

You say he was very good at AB and then point out his weaknesses were unsuccessful tackles and odd lose of head. That must mean he would have been quite good in his attacking game right ? And in AB he played in attacking midfield as well, isnt it along with CM ? Here he is entirely a CM. And thats why the stats, I mean the overall stats point out that he had goals and assists when he played in Spain where as now he has lesser goals and assists obviously, but more of defensive attributes, less of errors and more of control in his game.

Will back it up with stats if you want. See this

At Bilbao
key pass per game 1.4 +, dribbles 1.1+ , but came along with that 'adventurous' style of play were  undesirable ones like 1.5+ times per game getting dispossessed, and 1.5 + bad touch.

At United
key pass per game is 1, dribbles is 0.9 per game But he is only being dispossessed once (1) per every match and his bad touch reduced to a mere 0.3 per game.

His passing stats are
88.8 % pass completion ratio this season where as AB, it was 81 %

Added to these, the above mentioned defensive comparison and improvement in that part, its safe to say that Ander Herrera was an adventurous, but prone to mistakes,  type of attack minded midfielder at AB where as at United he is a much more controlled and all round CM who plays the game far more intelligently and as per the need.
Heck again in pure statistical terms, he had a rating of 7.19 when he was at Bilbao where as here its 7.25 despite the fact that 7 of his 18 league appearances for us have been from the bench when normally players's rating take a dip because of lesser involvement.  

And these are just not stat padding for the sake of wining an argument. You may not be, but We United fans are watching him day in day out and we can easily say that he is a better player now than he was say, when he came here. So, buzz off dude! Razz

I have not heard hate, yet whether from critics, or fan opinions when I followed them, only spoke of frustration for his inconsistency.

Yet then again, I do not frequently take them into account as especially considering I have not followed Ander well since his departure from Athletic.

Thanks for the stats yet Ander's game is not measured by that spectrum considering how complete he is along with his intangibles.

I was not debating with you yet only adding observations and stating that I cannot give a judgement based on the mention above.

Given that I've solely supported him for over 5 years as this forum will tell you, I am happy to read that he is performing.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat 04 Apr 2015, 18:38

Today's Anderstat :

2 shots, 2 goals, 1 key pass, with a Pass accuracy of 95.9%, 108 touches, 2 tackles and 1 interception.
Top stuff!!! Proud

Ander Herrera - Page 6 CBwZ-ouUsAALCi0

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat 04 Apr 2015, 19:33

He is just wonderful. Smile
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat 04 Apr 2015, 20:12

Our best signing imo, although in time I think it will go to Shaw (if he gets over his injuries)
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed 08 Apr 2015, 14:00

Ander Herrera - Page 6 2015%2f4%2fAnder-Top-Image1

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/e5m9kei2s0i9tgm76oo6fa/Show/Player-Focus-Adapting-Ander-Key-to-Improved-Attacking-Approach-from-United

Very insightful article from Whoscored .

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 08 Apr 2015, 15:03

Barcelona are interested in Man United midfielder Ander Herrera (25) as one of the options to replace Xavi and Iniesta from 2016 on. [md]

Come home you beaut. Proud

You can score goals against DDG in Clasicos. Proud

:coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed 08 Apr 2015, 15:40

Fußball wrote:Barcelona are interested in Man United midfielder Ander Herrera (25) as one of the options to replace Xavi and Iniesta from 2016 on. [md]

Come home you beaut. Proud

You can score goals against DDG in Clasicos. Proud

:coffee:

Ander's twitter header.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6GqY3ACEAAj__W.jpg

He is not your average glory hunting modern day footballer. United is etched in his heart, its like. He has made it pretty clear already. The lad's already at his 'home'.

Why dont you Check your own B team at Emirates mate. I am sure Wenga might be grooming that chosen player for replacing your legends. :coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 08 Apr 2015, 15:47

Tbh I don't think it's a serious rumour. Just wanted to get the "Ander vs. DDG in El Clasico" joke out of my system. :coffee:

If necessary however it shouldn't be hard to find him a new girlfriend who hates the city of Manchester and wants to live in the warm, sunny Barcelona. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu 09 Apr 2015, 15:57

Lumiere, let's get real here, if Madrid or Barcelona come calling, the temptation would be too much. They are the biggest clubs on the planet. I hope he stays but I won't begrudge him leaving. I respected CR leaving as well bar his petulance.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu 09 Apr 2015, 16:08

Sure. But I genuinely think lvg will get us to that level in the future. If there comes a time when man u is the same level with those clubs, then why should he leave ? Bayern achieved it. We can achieve that too.
If we wont , then fair enough. I  understand if he decide to move on.

CR was a different issue. Playing for Real was his dream.
I dont think herrera shares the same view. He has constantly said he want to be here for minimum 5 years. Even in his last interview he mentioned that. Moreover he is a Basque lad ( who speaks English well and who aint home sick). Neither Catalan nor a Madridista. So the loyalty factor or the desire to return wont be the same.

Having said all that, I wont begrudge him either if he move. Moving to Barca is fine for me anyway. I hate Madrid. On the other hand I have a soft spot for Barca. Smile

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu 09 Apr 2015, 16:33

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Sure. But I genuinely think lvg will get us to that level in the future. If there comes a time when man u is the same level with those clubs, then why should he leave ? Bayern achieved it. We can achieve that too.
If we wont , then fair enough. I  understand if he decide to move on.

CR was a different issue. Playing for Real was his dream.
I dont think herrera shares the same view. He has constantly said he want to be here for minimum 5 years. Even in his last interview he mentioned that. Moreover he is a Basque lad ( who speaks English well and who aint home sick). Neither Catalan nor a Madridista. So the loyalty factor or the desire to return wont be the same.

Having said all that, I wont begrudge him either if he move. Moving to Barca is fine for me anyway. I hate Madrid. On the other hand I have a soft spot for Barca. Smile

IN terms of prestige we will probably not reach Madrid in my lifetime. They have as much spending power, better city and far superior history. CR wanted to leave when Madrid were getting trounced by Barca and we were doing back to back CLs. That says it all tbh. Only British players don't get swayed because they don't find success abroad.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu 09 Apr 2015, 20:23

Ander Herrera is playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world right now.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu 09 Apr 2015, 20:51

RED wrote:Ander Herrera is playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world right now.

One of, I'm a United fan but I'm under no illusion. Madrid are by far the biggest club and have the biggest pull with Barcelona. Whenever Ihear Madrid wants one of our players I just sigh...

Anywyas, glad he finally started listening to van Gaal. Imagine if we win the EPL this season Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri 10 Apr 2015, 13:43

"I think we play well together because we understand each other and sometimes without speaking or looking we know where we're going to pass or where we're going to move on the pitch.

Telepathy confirmed. :bow: higher humans ! Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat 11 Apr 2015, 01:16

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Moving to Barca is fine for me anyway. I hate Madrid. On the other hand I have a soft spot for Barca. Smile

Mah N. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat 11 Apr 2015, 09:16

Fußball wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Moving to Barca is fine for me anyway. I hate Madrid. On the other hand I have a soft spot for Barca. Smile

Mah N. Proud

Razz I didnt really mean that. Lol

Spoiler:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun 12 Apr 2015, 12:01

Hey people! I am glad to see Ander performing very well in the midfield, we needed a player like him, a top class midfielder. In fact, all of our players are playing well at the moment. There were some difficulties this season, but that was because of the injuries and the lack of inspiration of our players when it came about scoring.

However, I have to repeat myself and say that Ander seems to be on the verge to become one of the top midfielders in EPL.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun 12 Apr 2015, 13:49

Vlad ffs Proud

For me mfs depend on team performance. If noone makes a run how is he meant to make a great pass. If noone puts themselves in a position to receive a pass then he can't make a pass etc. His performance is down to the team. People seem to forget that this is a team sport.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:38

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon 25 May 2015, 23:54

Season highlights. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 26 May 2015, 21:35

We should build the team around him. What a player! He had a fantastic season and I think he'll get even better next season.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue 26 May 2015, 22:37

ffs been on that Ander hype train since Moysies summer

glad I bought his kit this year :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri 24 Jul 2015, 01:49

B-Mac wrote:ffs been on that Ander hype train since Moysies summer

glad I bought his kit this year :bow:

Ander to become Man United captain in 8 years and B-Mac selling the vintage kit for... *priceless Proud
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri 24 Jul 2015, 15:25

You'd be hard pressed to find a united fan that dislikes Ander Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team