The Franchise
futbol
CBarca
windkick
Winter is Coming
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ivan Rakitić: Croatian Maestro - Page 3 Empty Re: Ivan Rakitić: Croatian Maestro

Post by futbol Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:50 pm

His defensive work is outstanding. He is everywhere indeed. His playmaking isn't as outstanding as I had hoped though. At the moment he's taking the safe sidepass to Alves on the right a tad too often.

Elche:

Ivan Rakitić: Croatian Maestro - Page 3 Bv1SeMgCMAAeks9

Villarreal:

Ivan Rakitić: Croatian Maestro - Page 3 BwY6M0QCMAETc4-

Maybe he'll get more comfortable with time. I have no big problem if it stays like this either as long as he contributes so much defensively. Iniesta, Messi, Nerman and Suarez should provide enough creativity.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Ivan Rakitić: Croatian Maestro - Page 3 Empty Re: Ivan Rakitić: Croatian Maestro

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:15 pm

For me he is a bit Vidal-like but just not as good. Perhaps Vidal is more like a Rakitić 2.0. Going forward they are quite the same but defensively Vidal is an absolute animal.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:38 pm

I regard him as a box-to-box midfielder as well.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Yeah, I'd probably agree with that. Vidal is more dynamic generally speaking, in everything he does. Can dribble in the 1 v 1 too, something Rakitic doesnt seem as adept in.

I would say Rakitic is a better passer of the ball though, think he has a bit better eye for a pass.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:20 pm

@ futbol I don't agree that he is a box to box. He may be able to play that role because of his range of passing and work rate but he is not a natural to me. Just like Franchise mentioned he lacks the agility to dribble and get out of tight spaces or the composure to hold on to the ball under pressure. For me Modrić is box to box not Rakitić and that is indeed how they play in Croatia national team.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Croatia utilize that pairing wrongly though. They play Modric further forward although Rakitic is the better creator and Rakitic as a holding midfielder although Modric is more of a build-up player who should play deeper.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:15 pm

For all the shit I've given him I will also give him some credit for doing things well.

From 4:45 onwards. Involved in the move for the 3th goal with a quick long diagonal ball then arrives in the box to play the one-two with Messi. Also involved in the first goal. Obviously also defended very well, 1 tackle in particular standing out (forgot against whom, Gimenez I think). So well done. Still think his technique isn't that great but if we're going to play like this, midfielders sitting deeper and releasing earlier balls for the front 3 to chase, he might fit after all.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:58 pm

I do remember that tackle you're talking about, was one of the best I've seen in a while. Fantastic tackle.

Thought he played well yesterday tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:39 am

he's not being used to his best potential, but overall he's doing well in the role given.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:19 pm

These kinds of physical games he's in home. I don't think we would have been so dominant with Xavi tbh.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Good article:

http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-primera-division/15/blog/post/2253188/barcelona-ivan-rakitic-shows-his-worth-in-luis-enrique-side
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun May 31, 2015 10:16 am

you gotta give it to the guy, the past couple games he's been marvelous

replacing Xavi is not an easy task and he is transitioning very well.
i mean just last season we had cesc lol.. what a difference in terms of quality.

considering we spent under 20m for him, he has been above standards and proven to be a great buy.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun May 31, 2015 10:59 am

13-14 4th best player in La Liga, dat whoscored.com scouting. Proud
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 31, 2015 11:17 am

Fits in like a glove and is willing cover up Alves' ass when he runs forward up the park. Excellent signing.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:56 pm

he did a nearly Xavi-like turn in first few min of the game. can someone post that gif?

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:57 am

so happy we got him.
seems like to have all we were missing in the previous seasons
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:14 am

as the weeks go by and we keep winning everything my mind wonders to the memories of cesc and how much of an upgrade we got.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:51 am

With how successful he and most of other buys turned out to be, I cant help it but feel a bit bad about all the crap I said about Zubi.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:12 am

it's fine just think about douglas / verm / song and that feeling will go away.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:41 am

His pass to Pique was Laudrup reborn. Top player.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:05 pm

I really doubt he could do that pass before he came. He has improved technically alot I feel.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:38 am

The Franchise wrote:I really doubt he could do that pass before he came. He has improved technically alot I feel.

Umm, I disargee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZuT6VLoGTE
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:49 am

That was very nice, but easier in my opinion.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:36 pm

Buff, they are both genous first touches. Actually, rakitic first touch pass is just out of this world. He has been doing some incredible long range, short range and weak foot tremendous first passes all season long.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:38 pm

I agree, his first touch passes have been excellent.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:12 am

Rakitic says the team are happy to work to serve the attackers, but admits it's hard work covering them defensively.

"Many people say that it is very easy to play with them," he told Marca. "I don't agree.

"They are players of a different level and if we play for them is because they have earned it, but that does not mean it's easy.

"And if I have to run 5,000 kilometers to one of them to have their best moment, I will do it. We do it.

"All teams would like to have Leo, but fortunately we have him with us and we will take care of him as best we can.

"He does things that no one else can do. Life is easiest with him and if we can make it even better, perfect."

Rakitic also revealed he is keen to add three more trophies to his collection between now and the end of the year.

He added: "In a short time, we are going to play for two more titles: the Uefa Supercup and Spanish Supercup and at the end of the year, the Club World Cup.

"It's so beautiful, we fight for trophies and we make a sacrifice in being away from our families.

"Sevilla have been reinforced very well, it will be very difficult against them. We know each other very well.

"I know Unai Emery will prepare the game very well. We will be prepared, and see if we can win the first title of the season."

What a legend. Glad we took him ahead of Kroos.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next