Gil
jibers
Motogp69
McAgger
AltoZ
39 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is Lloris the best keeper in PL?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Lloris the best keeper in PL?

Post by Lex Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Two errors? rofl the guy's been a walking comedy act since the beginning of the season. It's only been overlooked due to incompetent referees and strikers not punishing him for it

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is Lloris the best keeper in PL?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Lloris the best keeper in PL?

Post by Abramovich Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:30 pm

Do people actually think Chesney is better than Lloris hmm 

Chesney is in top form right now similar to what Krul was last season but I'd still rate:

Cech
DGD
Mignolet
Lloris
(in no order)
all above him.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Szczesny has been on par with all three of those keepers this year (2013) let alone this season. Lloris has been a goofball so far. Mistake after mistake after mistake.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:45 pm

When I first seen Spurs got him on the cheap I was thinking along the lines of

"Wow, that's pretty fkn amazing"

Turns out he was THE most overhyped GK going at O.L. People fap over how quick he is off his line, but that's always gonna end up with bookings and penalties against you.

He's above average, could improve quite a bit. But atm he's a bit of a joke.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:08 pm

again... clueless will be clueless. One of the endearing things about GL is that most people don't even watch the games but pretend to Proud

Or in this case, you have a known Arsenal troll who isn't even respected in his own subsection Proud

Tom just likes to troll once in a while... so i'm cool with that Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Wink
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Abramovich wrote:Do people actually think Chesney is better than Lloris hmm 

Chesney is in top form right now similar to what Krul was last season but I'd still rate:

Cech
DGD
Mignolet
Lloris
(in no order)
all above him.
Krul was crap last season, mainly due to having about 6 shoulder injuries.

He was fantastic the season before though and been great again, when fit i wouldn't swap him for anyone and i'm damn serious Laughing

His problem is injuries and well his distribution is hot garbage Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:37 pm

oh Sports, I know you're simply salivating with anger that Lloris isn't the big cheese you hoped he would be, but the man is a buffoon. I don't know whether you're trying to convince others or yourself when you say "people don't watch Spurs" blah blah blah, but I watch every Spurs game (when I can) and every United game, and every Chelsea game and so on. He's erratic, clumsy and is terrible at making decisions.

You can try and defend him blindly, but it really is futile. Games vs both Manchester clubs exposed his flaws massively and that was just two teams. He's been doing it all season
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Lex wrote:oh Sports, I know you're simply salivating with anger that Lloris isn't the big cheese you hoped he would be, but the man is a buffoon. I don't know whether you're trying to convince others or yourself when you say "people don't watch Spurs" blah blah blah, but I watch every Spurs game (when I can) and every United game, and every Chelsea game and so on. He's erratic, clumsy and is terrible at making decisions.

You can try and defend him blindly, but it really is futile. Games vs both Manchester clubs exposed his flaws massively and that was just two teams. He's been doing it all season
Oh brave one! :bow:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Lloris was fantastic until Lukaku concussed him.

Spurs had the best defensive record in the league and he was a big reason why.

The man just had concussion, it took ages for Cech to get over that so give the man some time and i'm sure he will be great again soon.

I know GL likes to knee jerk heavily and forget things which happened just a mere week ago but sometimes its just really silly.

He's a great GK and up there with best in the league no doubt.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:19 pm

Problem with concussion is it essentially temporarily resets your recent learnings of motor skill and correlations in axiom reaction. In essence, your progress or more specifically; consistency is not under your control given the ramifications of a concussion itself.

Lloris since his concussion has been below his standard yet remains an excellent goalkeeper in what he provides for Spurs and their backline. I don't trust AVB to provide him further confidence given the manager's tendency to apply too much pressure onto his players. Yet it is difficult to judge Lloris on an overall basis, based on his circumstances.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:30 pm

I agree with Mole about Lloris , he was playing good before the clash with Lukaku , probably not a coincidence
I think he is very good in the situations 1 vs 1
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:36 pm

Cech
DGD
Mignolet
Lloris
(in no order)
all above him.
What you on about lol? Krul was injured for majority of the last season.

Chesney is better than Lloris, I can confirm. I was one of his staunchest critics but he seems to have upped his game this season. Has matured a bit I guess.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lloris was fantastic until Lukaku concussed him.

Spurs had the best defensive record in the league and he was a big reason why.

The man just had concussion, it took ages for Cech to get over that so give the man some time and i'm sure he will be great again soon.

I know GL likes to knee jerk heavily and forget things which happened just a mere week ago but sometimes its just really silly.

He's a great GK and up there with best in the league no doubt.
Molenation

Truly the hero of the forum. inb4heelturn
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:11 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:

Cech
DGD
Mignolet
Lloris
(in no order)
all above him.
What you on about lol? Krul was injured for majority of the last season.

Chesney is better than Lloris, I can confirm. I was one of his staunchest critics but he seems to have upped his game this season. Has matured a bit I guess.
Well maybe the season before then, there was a period where Tim Krul was absolutely boss.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:33 am

Lloris has made several errors recently, but has still been good this year.

Last year he was fantastic.

Due to the nature of his role, similar to the role of Valdes for Barca, you are going to see a mistake every now and then from Lloris, however his work shouldn't go unnoticed. He's still easily one of the best. I think he was the best last year and while I don't think he has the best this year, there's a way to go yet and he has still been quite good. It's really only been the last couple games where he hasn't been at his best.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:06 pm

He doesn't get any credit from most quarters, but Szczesny has been a boss for the past couple of months. Maybe not the best in the league, but justifying Wenger's decision not to splash on a big name.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:09 pm

Lloris is one of the best that is for sure, for me Cech is still better but he'll come there. Certainly the 2nd best GK.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Eman wrote:He doesn't get any credit from most quarters, but Szczesny has been a boss for the past couple of months. Maybe not the best in the league, but justifying Wenger's decision not to splash on a big name.
Maybe those goalkeeper rumours helped. hmm
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Viviana. The true best summer signing Arsenal made :bow: , main reason for Sczcsny's revival

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:41 am

He's done well thus far, but it won't be long before he does something to cost them out of a cup competition or something. xD
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 am

Mignolet by a mile
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:47 am

On current form I wouldn't label any keeper "clearly" the best in the EPL.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:01 pm

:whistle: 

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Another game, another mistake, another goal. He must have gotten a piece of coal in his stocking this morning, shaken his confidence or something
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:12 am

It's not his fault really, he suffered a concussion. If you want to blame someone, it's spurs coaching staff for allowing him to play and to continue playing in such conditions.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next