VanDeezNuts
Cyborg
Onyx
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Casemiro discussion Empty Casemiro discussion

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:56 am

Casemiro has stated his that he wants to feature for the Real Madrid first team, regardless of being on loan at Madrid's Castilla side.

The 20-year-old is contracted to Sao Paulo but is on loan to Madrid's reserves, and los Blancos have the option to make the move permanent at the end of the season should they so desire.

However, the Brazilian has his sights set on a much higher goal: playing for the Spanish side's first team.

"I'm going to play in the first team of Real Madrid," Casemiro claimed to Lance, by way of explaining why he elected to join the side's second string as opposed to accepting offers of a place in the first team of the likes of Roma and Lazio.

The industrious midfielder's representative, Joseph Lee, is equally confident. He said: "Casemiro is not a player suited for a reserve team.

"For us, the aim is not for him to play in the B team, but he will make the necessary adaptations playing for Castilla and then go to the first team."

Whilst the claims of the midfielder and his representative might seem a little presumptive, Casemiro has already made over 50 appearances for Sao Paulo, won the Under-20 World Cup in 2011 and has three caps for Brazil's senior side.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Casemiro discussion Empty Re: Casemiro discussion

Post by Cyborg Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:15 pm

its not impossible that he would be drafted into the first team in the summer. If his performance are good, that is.

alonso, essien, khedira and modric. these are our midfielders now

xabi alonso is in his last year of his contract. he may or may not sign. he is 31 and i feel he wants to go elsewhere.

essien is on loan, and i dont think the club will sign him permanently, he's 30.

khedira cant run the midfeild, he needs someone who can pass the ball alongside him.

modric proved that he cant play as an attacking midfielder in this team, he is a central midfielder. with time i think he can make the position his.

if alonso and essien leaves then we need two plays to take their positions.

sahin, canales, shweinsteiger. these are all possible signings. no fantasy manager.

sahin would have been the go to player to replace alonso. i wonder if he would want to come back though. he would be playing in his preferred position.

shweinsteiger has been wanted by the club for a long time, he has hinted at moving from bayern. maybe with a new coach at his club there may be some changes and he may become available outright.

canales he is talent. not a central midfielder but the game versus granada proved that we need talent in the attacking midfield postion. ozil was missed.

so in the summer we may be looking for two or three midfielders and carvajal. casemiro may have a chance.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:53 pm

hes on loan for castilla. as far as im concerned hes miles from the first team and would have to do more than prove himself in castilla. castilla is step 1 but we have plenty of fantastic players there that dont get a a single glance. just because he is a fifa career mode legend has no bearing on how our youth system works.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Casemiro has enough talent to play at a very high level. His probelm is mental which is why I think his time at Castilla will be good for him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:58 pm

this kid was considered one of the best at the u-20 WC
we are really lucky to get him
hope he stays, we will need him when Essien goes back
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:44 pm

We have put his name down as eligible players to play in the champions league. Or something like that.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

I look forward to seeing him play because honestly Khedira can't play every game. Either him or Alex (or Pozo) is going to need to play some league games this month.

Same goes for Alonso.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 am

Yeah Sami should definitely be resting up.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:27 am

Casemiro, who seems to have disappeared off the radar after shining for Real Madrid in the summer, spoke with the club's official media representatives and seemed patient: "I'm calm. I turn up to training every day full of hope and feeling happy. I'm part of the Real Madrid squad and many people out there would love to be in my place. I'm working hard to make the most of my opportunities and be ready. I work hard and I respect the gaffer's decisions. It's a pleasure to be with real Madrid and at this stadium, I love it".

The Brazilian recalled his debut with the first team last year against Betis: "I came out to warm up and looked at the stands to contemplate how many fans were there, and I remember thinking that it was incredible. It was a truly impressive sensation. Mourinho really helped me, he helped to give me confidence and keep me calm. I was a bit nervous, but things went well", he said.

In conclusion, he heaped praise on CR7: "He has to win the Ballon d'Or. He trains well, always in a good mood. He's always helped me. He scores two goals in a game and still wants more".
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Casemiro never gives up. The Brazilian hopes to convince Carlo Ancelotti that he's the perfect man to cover for the injured Khedira in midfield.

Although he's only played 80 minutes so far this season, Casemiro hasn't lost his smile or his hope, and day after day he trains hard at Valdebebas to try and get a spot, first in the matchday squad, then in the team.

He is so motivated that he even trains on his days off. Casemiro is officially off until Monday, but he turned up to the training ground yesterday to put in a shift.

After shining during pre-season, Casemiro seems to have become a forgotten man, and it's difficult to understand why.

Yesterday, the Brazilian sent a message of support to Khedira: "All the luck in the world, Sami! Real Madrid and the World Cup are waiting for you! We're here for you!!! #ChinUpKhedira", he wrote.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:15 am

Full respect to him. Wish every player worked this hard
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:22 pm

The moment that match referee Skomina blew the final whistle and put Real Madrid out of their misery in Dortmund, Pepe sought out Casemiro to give him a hug. The Portuguese was the first to admit the Brazilian's importance in stopping a Borussia comeback towards the end of the game. The gesture was more one of thanks than of joy.

There were many more congratulations waiting for him afterwards. Amongst them Cristiano's: "You played an amazing 20 minutes," said the Real star, who had sat next to him on the bench until Casemiro took to the pitch. Xabi, Carvajal and Clement also congratulated the Brazilian. Even Florentino Pérez had words for him: "Well done lad," he told him.

After the scare, Casemiro was heaped with praise by the dressing room and the board members who had travelled to Dortmund. His performance was all the more impressive given the character and personality he showed in such a crucial situation. The Brazilian was more than a match for last night's game, unlike some of his teammates. He played like a true veteran.

The Brazilian was the only good news on a night in which the only positive note was qualifying for the semi-finals. Nobody failed to notice the midfielder's crucial role in such a delicate situation, one that required a lot of character. "The best thing was the result and going through to the semis. There is plenty of room for improvement and lots to learn from Casemiro. That's how you go out and play a game like this," said Guti via social media.

He won't leave in the summer, that's for sure  Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Glad he played well and didn't let the circumstances/pressure affect his performance.
Needs to get more minutes without a doubt.

I trust him way over Illara who hasn't really shown any of his quality all season.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:03 am

We finally have our true DM, amen Proud

having a great season so far, played two of the best teams in europe this season in psg and atletico and did not break a sweat. Great great great pick up.

He gives us a dimension in midfield that we havent had for two seasons, he can come in, be tough, win balls, and he is very good passer too.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:33 am

Happy to hear he's doing well at a super elite club. I'm worried about Brazil midfield for 2018. Hopefully the clown Dunga does not ignore him if he consistently performs like this or improves even more.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:37 am

he wont be undisputed starter but he has the level for the NT thats for sure. i think dunga called him a few times already, and given his competition lol, he should be there
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:53 am

Genuinely see him as the next Mauro Silva.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sun May 29, 2016 5:11 pm

How can a player this important have his topic hidden in the 4th page.
Absolutely amazing in the final.
He had the highest pass completion accuracy in the final.
So much for a guy oftly criticisized for losing the ball.
He was comfortable on the ball and wiggled his way out of trouble a couple of times. I think all he needs is the confidence and continuity to improve and he can be all we need in that position

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun May 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Should be the main starter. Look at how much he has changed the team. More defensively solid in midfield and Kroos/Modric are able to play more advanced

RIP James Rodriguez. Might as well start accepting bids for him. He doesn't has a place in the team unless we sell one of BBC
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sun May 29, 2016 5:47 pm

And selling one of the BBC is impossible.
James rodriguez honestly has no place in the team as long as we want to continue with this system.
Sergio Asensio will play that role and he can hold on to the ball, dribble and run.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 29, 2016 6:01 pm

Not sure Asensio will work in the midfield 3. We should only get him back if Jese decides to leave so that he can back up Ronaldo.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:43 pm

So, after a year of actually good (or world class) defensive midfielding, not sure if anyone recognises it but Casemiro is totally starting to be a bit of a liability in our midfield.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Doc, before i deliver my own opinion on this, as you know of course i have one Laughing what do you mean by liability? in what aspect do you see him as one?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:25 am

Should not have used the word "liability" as it gives the impression he has no use, to which, he has. Very much useful. His tackling is still world class and he is the only one (apparently) who actually can out muscle people in the middle of the pitch.

However, what has been made very apparent this season (especially against Valencia) is that outside his destroyer role, he kinda drags the flag in the midfield from a control perspective. He is way too unsure on the ball and really doesn't provide a proper passing outlet. He is definitely not a man who can pass well when pressured and usually ends up going back or sideways.

It's a weird sight to be hold. He is important but at the same time I keep thinking if he is really important.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:22 am

in before hala lol

i share the same feeling, he is great at ball winning but when we are trying to control the game he is not a great pivot. he doesnt have that gameintelligence to run the game.

Imagine Kroos as pivot running the midfield but having Casemiro body to defend in transition. That would put you close to the perfect 5.

But looking around europe, most players in that role are either genius ball players but liabilities in defense, ex: THiago Motta, Jorginho, weigl, etc.. or you have ball winners like casemiro. Busquet is still the best DM in like 10 years lol. On the ball he is genius like and off the ball, he is not Casemiro but he holds his own

you need to "make" a player for that role, you need raw material which you can develop and only a a handful of coaches playing that style can achieve that. Zidane clearly not one of them.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next