is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in?

+11
jibers
BarcaKizz
Donuts
The Sanchez
The Franchise
bazinga
BarrileteCosmico
gondov
neuro11
Lord Awesome
larisano
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in? - Page 2 Empty Re: is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in?

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Well yes, but at the same time that exact thing is part of the reason I am concerned it wont work. I just think we need a forward with goals in him and Neymar has that, his finishing to me is the most impressive thing about him other than his dribbling.

But yeah basically, I think Messi has become so great that everyone passes it to him whenever they can. I understand it, but it isnt always the right play.

Villa takes shots on goal, none of our players would dare to.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in? - Page 2 Empty Re: is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in?

Post by billy_gr Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 am

Ι’m 100% with you. I miss forwards taking initiative in our team other than messi.
Besides him and Villa, the most active player in terms of doing things on his own from an attacking perspective must be fabregas.

Anyway, my question is, what are Tito’s instructions?
Does he tell them to search for messi constantly, or do they do it out of insecurity?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 am

Messi just finishes his shots, Had pedro scored all his shots he'd have like 15-20 goals same with Cesc etc.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 am

Donuts wrote:Messi just finishes his shots, Had pedro scored all his shots he'd have like 15-20 goals same with Cesc etc.

Not true.
Messi averages 5.4 shots per game.
The rest of the offensive players are around 1, Villa included.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 am

Yeah thats not true at all.

Pedro simply hasn't been getting scoring chances. In fact, I can't remember when he last had a shot or a goalscoring chance. He only has 1.5 shots per game and I think it could be down to tactical changes.

Pedro has looked good for me, and showed that he can still finish when he was called offside then expertly chipped the keeper. Oh and he also is coming off a hattrick for Spain.

He just hasn't had chances.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 pm

billy_gr wrote:Ι’m 100% with you. I miss forwards taking initiative in our team other than messi.
Besides him and Villa, the most active player in terms of doing things on his own from an attacking perspective must be fabregas.

Anyway, my question is, what are Tito’s instructions?
Does he tell them to search for messi constantly, or do they do it out of insecurity?

I would seriously doubt if Tito or Pep told players to look for Messi. To me that just doesnt seem logical.

When your out there playing, you dont have that sort of time to focus on finding Messi over your own plays.

I think more likely is many of the players think, during the heat of the game, that a pass to Messi if possible is more likely to end in a goal than whatever they can do if they arent wide open. Which is incorrect much of the time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:49 pm

I don't think it's always incorrect judgement considering we are scoring more than ever before.

Also, they sometimes take shots or do things on their own. Maybe we are a bit too much Messi-centered, but not way too much IMO.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:00 pm

I dont think its always incorrect either, but even sometimes when the result is good the play was wrong and could of ended differently.

For example, when Alexis did a chest pass to Messi who was really surrounded by still scored a great goal.

Really thats not the right play, Messi's shot was more difficult than Alexis.

But yes, I dont think its some big problem but I do think having a slightly better balance might help, even if not statistically.

I think it would make sense, the more danger each player can cause individually, the better for the team if they still play unselfishly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:24 am

larisano wrote:
PS: Wanted to announce that in September of this year, I got Married and also completed the Memorization of the Holy Qur'an.

Seeing this very late but heartiest congratulations man.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:28 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
As you know I'm a big fan of him so I'm hoping to see him play a big role in the rest of our season so I hope that Tito sees things similarly to you and considers Villa important in the 2nd half.

I share these sentiments completely.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2