windkick
The Sanchez
Donuts
billy_gr
BarcaKizz
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Sergi Roberto: The Right Back That Was Promised - Page 5 Empty Re: Sergi Roberto: The Right Back That Was Promised

Post by Sivart Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:09 pm

Seems to be injured, and might not play vs Deportivo. Vidal or the return of the 3-4-3?

Sivart
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Sergi Roberto: The Right Back That Was Promised - Page 5 Empty Re: Sergi Roberto: The Right Back That Was Promised

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:42 am

Donuts wrote:i wouldn't consider atletico a real test, they sit back far too much and didn't bother sergi as much as a real madrid / bayern / manchester city would

it's not in their play style not to take anything away from them i consider them a top team just not a real test to the rightback.

i wanna see how he fares against elite wingers

Carrasco is not good enough?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:30 pm

give him a statue, absolute legend.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:14 am

Life contract for Sergi brigade :bow:

(Still want a new RB)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:41 pm

United rumored to have bid 40m for SR, Chelsea rumored to be interested as well.

This is insane. The market is insane. Just WTF.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:27 pm

These bad results have brought out a really ugly side in the fans, tons of scapegoating going on
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:32 pm

He's terrible though.

The loss is almost never on one player, but he was truly terrible.

Every time he gets into a situation which has any complexity, he is unable to get out of it, an immediate turnover.

Pique is right, Roberto is not a rightback and he is just playing there. But its not as if he is some high level midfielder either.

He has stolen a decade long Barca career, almost totally based on one night against PSG.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:34 pm

Yeah not defending him and I've believed he wasn't up to snuff for a long time now (thread title aside), but the "fans" seem to be picking on him for things that are out of his control. He should have at best been a depth player, never a starter.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:21 pm

Ive been criticising him for like 5 years now, since I knew wayyy back that he wasnt good enough for us. Cant remember exactly when but it was like a decade ago, he started out as subs appearances in midfield, and then later on RB also as backup, thats it. It was around 5 years ago iirc that he was suddenly given more game time and starts due to our MF n RB starting losing the better players - Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago, Cesc, Rakitic, Alves, etc., and we failed to fill the spot was has been frustrating and frankly hard to believe. So over this long period we have had him in there instead. Its no wonder we havent won much in that time lol... hes lived on 2 facts only - that hes Masia product and plays our 'traditional' way (but he lacks in every other aspect of the game) and the fact he scored that goal vs PSG).

I can accept some youngsters and give them time, but this guy has been mediocre (shit imo) at best for a decade for us lool.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:26 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah not defending him and I've believed he wasn't up to snuff for a long time now (thread title aside), but the "fans" seem to be picking on him for things that are out of his control. He should have at best been a depth player, never a starter.

Yeah, I am not for the jeering of players. Wasn't right when Umtiti got it, isnt right now.

I think the entire team, or nobody. Unless there are some very unique circumstances, not just poor performance.

The fault is with coaches who insist on playing him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:59 pm

This list should go a long way to illustrate what Ive been saying Razz https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/09/16/6143367646163f8f848b45e7.html
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:32 pm

Cant believe I didnt pick up on this news, I heard one of our captains cried or soemthing but ignore thinking it was just a rumours lol. I find myself agreeing so much with this guy which seems a dedicated Cule, and the comments section. Ffs, this guy is prolly worst then those transfers we did if he really earned like 200K/wk n refused to take pay cut of 50% like Pique did, WTF! I used to just dislike him, now I hate him actually, be gone ASAP pls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvttmeixPCU&list=TLPQMjgwOTIwMjHS4WHVJCYwPA&index=8
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:05 pm

think we've got the proof now, Barca have the worst fans in football
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:34 pm

I don't approve of the whistling but Roberto has always been a leech. Won't leave, sucks the blood out of the club, only managed to have long lasting career at Barca because of his academy roots, otherwise a player of questionable quality to put it mildly
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:13 pm

Hans, why don't you speak about Sane getting booed too? Or are Barca fans the only ones who commit such acts?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:48 pm

The Franchise wrote:Hans, why don't you speak about Sane getting booed too? Or are Barca fans the only ones who commit such acts?

Sané got booed, once, after a number of horrible, lackluster performances, not because the club wanted him to take a massive paycut after they monumentally fucked up their finances, and then put some public moral onus on the player to forget his contracts while riling up fans against him..

Pretty sure you're able to see the difference there?

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:43 pm

Yeah, Bayern fans are being extremely harsh on a guy who's trying hard but is simply playing poorly. He doesn't lack for effort and it's been a very short period of time.

Barca fans are upset with Roberto for a near decade worth of pathetic performances. His wages are only part of the issue. Why do you think Busquets for example, doesn't face these boo's?

I can think of a number of clubs who boo their players and always their performance is the most common reason. Barca are no different here.

Point is, Barca are no different for other clubs in this matter.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:21 pm

Just realised we just renewed him for another yr, WTF. I hope its just to make up the numbers n that Xavi dont prefer him... dont wanna see him see start ever, maybe just a sub every now n then for time wasting etc... Xavi had me convinced since I havent seen the likes of Puig in a long time which is great, but this scrub is almost just as bad...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5