ErPupone
RedOranje
Rossonero23
Nishankly
McLewis
49 posters

Page 36 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

Go down

AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II - Page 36 Empty Re: AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II

Post by flameas Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:35 am

Romagnioli will be sold to Milan and then we will sign a 30+ year old from some club like Chievo...

Garcia says we need three players but I think more like 6-7. Unmotivated scrubs like Doumbia, Gervinho and co needs to be sent away.

flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II - Page 36 Empty Re: AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II

Post by flameas Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:46 pm

Ljalic to Inter? Thats just stupid
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:08 pm

I am pretty annoyed with the Ljajic deal mainly because Gervinho is still on the roster, but overall, I would rate this mercato as a success. We made out like a bandit with the Dzeko deal and Salah, Digne and even Falque have all been good additions to the squad. I love the idea of Flo at RB! With time and his attitude I believe he can be the one to solve our problems at that position. This mercato was definitely a 7/10 and hopefully in the winter we go out shopping for a proper CB to challenge Castan & Manolas
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:16 am

Not sure if anyone in this section has mentioned it, but Roma have made the Dzeko, Salah and Falque deals permanent:

Roma wrote: l’acquisizione a titolo definitivo dei diritti alle prestazioni sportive dei calciatori (DPC) Dzeko dal
Manchester City, Salah dal Chelsea e Falque dal Genoa; per tali calciatori erano stati inizialmente
sottoscritti accordi per l’acquisizione temporanea, trasformata in definitiva a seguito del verificarsi
nel corso dei primi mesi dell’esercizio delle condizioni contrattuali previste;

the definitive acquisition of the rights to players' ( DPC ) from Dzeko
Manchester City , Chelsea and Salah Falque from Genoa ; for those players they were initially
signed agreements to acquire temporary , became definitive following verification
during the first months of the terms and conditions marketed
http://www.asroma.it/it/notizie/Deliberazioni_CDA_-_1_ottobre_2015.pdf
http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/10/1/9436275/roma-chelsea-mohamed-salah-transfer-official
Sorry for the horrible translation, but you get the picture.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:57 am

Yup, thanks for posting it, Kick.

Wise of us to move quickly to wrap these up now rather than in the summer where it might've hurt our mercato. All 3 look like players who are improvements on what we already had.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:08 am

McLewis wrote:Yup, thanks for posting it, Kick.

Wise of us to move quickly to wrap these up now rather than in the summer where it might've hurt our mercato. All 3 look like players who are improvements on what we already had.

Indeed, good move for all parties involved.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:43 pm

So you signed Juan Jesus

I hope he stays with you (:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 am

If we can make him better and sell him for a profit 2 seasons down the road, I'd consider this a good piece of business.

Let's hope his mental brainfarts don't rear their heads for us at the worst of times.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:32 am

Do you think Paredes will stay with Diawara incoming McLewis? Will he settle for 5th choice? hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:22 am

So far this is one of the worst transfermarkets we have had in a while. Juan Jesus and Nacho are so medicore it hurts
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:20 am

Nacho is not mediocre. Far from it, he is an excellent defender, who is calm, with excellent awareness and tackling ability. He can also play all over the backline. I don't want him to leave RM because he is always the calmest guy out of all our CBs which brings the best out of his partners. My wish is for him to come back but when you actually watch him for your Club and realise how good he is, I am almost certain that he wont come back. So I wish him luck and hope you guys see the best of him

Here is a short highlight reel of Nacho

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:28 pm

ES wrote:Do you think Paredes will stay with Diawara incoming McLewis? Will he settle for 5th choice? hmm

At this point, Paredes is ahead of Diawara in my mind and it wouldn't surprise me if TGIP agrees on that. Diawara is clearly a talented kid, but one for the future. If we somehow contrive to lose Paredes this summer then we deserve everything that comes with that. I don't think it'll happen though.

I think he'll stay.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:34 pm

I have not seen much of Nacho, but the descriptions of him as well as the vids I've seen are encouraging. At this point we just need CBs who can stay fit and use their heads figuratively and literally. If Nacho fits that bill (and he appears to) then I'm all for this move since it appears affordable.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:00 am

Anyone else see us doing all this business the last few years and just thinking, *bleep*, we literally have no plan. I know turnover is expected, but I feel like I experience it with Roma more than any other club I support.

At this point I've stopped even keeping tabs and wait till the first match to learn our roster for that season.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:23 am

I posted a pic of Juve's defense over the last like 5 years. It has not changed at all. Same keeper, same defenders. Contrast that with our defense which has seen double-digit numbers of defenders and 3 different keepers. That tells me everything I need to know about our transfer plans year to year.

We literally have no plan because there's no continuity season to season.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Micah_12 Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:10 am

Well I think the rapid change in managers is huge factor as to why Roma dosen't have stability, as well as the fact  that the club is at a much better state financially than it used to be with Rosella. Before the Americans, all arriving coaches had no choice but to build on the works of the previous managers, but now the management is capable of providing a budget for coaches to experiment with so they change and swap players as they choose. Between 2011 and now Juve changed coaches only twice, where as Roma 4 times. I think that says it all for me, same type of problem is facing liverpool as well. We can't expect stability if there is no continuity in managers especially for an unproven side that has yet to win anything.
Micah_12
Micah_12
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 am

Curiously enough and to play devil's advocate....Arsenal have had the same manager for over a decade....and yet have little to show for it outside of a title and a few cups.

I still think it's down to the chopping and changing of the players.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:24 am

With Roma lately I just feel that they are always reacting to some big event, never actually planning ahead. It seems like its always moving pieces because management changed, or a coach changed, or ffp, or Benatia throwing a fuss to leave, or Castan's and Strootman's perma-injuries, it never feels like smooth sailing in terms of planning.

Unrelated, Diawara's agent said he believes that Bologna could have have found an agreement with Roma. Would be a great move, specially if Paredes leaves.

De Rossi, Strootman, Nainggolan, Diawara, Paredes is a lot of top talent.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Well I think we've always had the ability to attract great talent to this club. It's keeping that talent (be it coaches or players) that we struggle with....for all of the reasons you mentioned. Some of it is clearly incompetence and mismanagement, some of it is also clearly unfortunate timing.

This club is so volatile from a structure perspective. It's like it was built on Mount Etna or something. Lava just gets spewed every so often and washes away the good and the bad, leaving us to start over again and again.

The worst thing about this is that there honestly isn't a lot of light at the end of that particular tunnel. There are no indications that the management know what needs to be done to ensure season-to-season stability with this club and that's quite worrying. I have to believe getting our own stadium and staying in the CL (and thus a sustained revenue stream) will afford us the opportunities and ability to cease being a selling club and truly begin building player and coaching capital so that we mount serious challenges on all fronts. Until then, we're going to keep chopping, changing and essentially punching above our weight, just as we've done for the past 15 years since that last title win. We'll just do it with a healthier overall financial outlook, a slightly better pedigree and a bit more money to play with.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36