Sushi Master
Le Samourai
Babun
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Second suggestion - Page 2 Empty Re: Second suggestion

Post by Babun Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:09 pm

rwo power wrote:Yes, I think it is time to set up that section where all by Messi/CR7 derailed threads can go. The name should be "Messy Section" Razz
The Verminator wrote:My suggestion would be to actually create a Messi vs Ronaldo section. No joke. I know it wouldn't look right with the right back section already being there. But i think there's just wayyyy too many Messi threads or threads that end up with Messi being mentioned and the thread gets derailed.
That's not the problem. The rightback section already fullfills that purpose. We need to prevent threads from being derailed from the start.
CBarca wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:CBarca, of course I don't ask for a temp or perm ban without notice. The suggestion's aim is for better monitoring of the situation. What the mods will make out of it is up to them eco smile

Oh I know, and that's not what I interpret your proposed system would be like. I exaggerated a bit with the "you'll be banned soon" comment. The mods would take a much less vague and more mature course of action of 'warning you of your derailment... one more time would get you a temp ban' kind of PM.

My point is...doesn't the warning system kind of already fulfill this role?

I'm just failing to see why this is superior to a -25% for derailment warning.

Plus, this system requires constant monitoring of the forum- something the mods (who have a social life and can't be on here all the time) can't always be relied on to do. The warning system works as a self-sufficient monitoring system- since the user can monitor his own posts once he gets low enough risking a ban.
That's what I said, to help them out with monitoring. Also, I'm pretty sure from my own observation that the number of imbeciles is about 20 members. The number is small but their tenacity is rage worthy eco smile

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:14 pm

On a side note, the troublemakers seem to read 'comments and feedback section' eco smile
They've stopped derailing threads in gen section since two days eco smile How did you like the experience? eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:36 am

Fair enough.

I prefer the system we have in place, but if it's not working there is always room for innovation and new things to try out.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:21 am

Another idea, RWO is one of the most level headed and respected poster Very Happy
Make her temporary mode to deal with exactly this crap eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:39 am

Immortal Babun wrote:Another idea, RWO is one of the most level headed and respected poster Very Happy
Make her temporary mode to deal with exactly this crap eco smile
RWO for president :bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:55 am

Immortal Babun wrote:
rwo power wrote:Yes, I think it is time to set up that section where all by Messi/CR7 derailed threads can go. The name should be "Messy Section" Razz
The Verminator wrote:My suggestion would be to actually create a Messi vs Ronaldo section. No joke. I know it wouldn't look right with the right back section already being there. But i think there's just wayyyy too many Messi threads or threads that end up with Messi being mentioned and the thread gets derailed.
That's not the problem. The rightback section already fullfills that purpose. We need to prevent threads from being derailed from the start.
CBarca wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:CBarca, of course I don't ask for a temp or perm ban without notice. The suggestion's aim is for better monitoring of the situation. What the mods will make out of it is up to them eco smile

Oh I know, and that's not what I interpret your proposed system would be like. I exaggerated a bit with the "you'll be banned soon" comment. The mods would take a much less vague and more mature course of action of 'warning you of your derailment... one more time would get you a temp ban' kind of PM.

My point is...doesn't the warning system kind of already fulfill this role?

I'm just failing to see why this is superior to a -25% for derailment warning.

Plus, this system requires constant monitoring of the forum- something the mods (who have a social life and can't be on here all the time) can't always be relied on to do. The warning system works as a self-sufficient monitoring system- since the user can monitor his own posts once he gets low enough risking a ban.
That's what I said, to help them out with monitoring. Also, I'm pretty sure from my own observation that the number of imbeciles is about 20 members. The number is small but their tenacity is rage worthy eco smile
The problem is though, that with how often Messi is mentioned, everyone just gets sick and tired of seeing a thread about something, he did, something he can do (break records), or something he says. I can count 3 threads on the first page all devoted to Messi. Is Messi the best playmaker goalkeeper? Messi can break new record. Messi says pep is more important than him. Honestly dude we're all fed up. 3 threads doesn't even seem that much but with how often he is brought up, it's too much....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2