Red Alert
Art Morte
RedOranje
Le Samourai
Charrua
25 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Lucas it out for the season. 0.o

Anyway. Henderson has a good work rate, and was disciplined enough to play RB. Did well tonight.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Today we got a glimpse of the future, albeit only until Doni's red card, which forced Hendo to play RB.

--------Hendo----Spearo----
--------------Jonjo-----------

I personally felt all three of them played (of course for the future Lucas would have replaced Jay). Both Hendo and Jonjo made some rookie errors, as Americans might call it, in their 25 minute comeo in the center together, but for the whole part we did see that they can function and read each other very well.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 pm

think this was one of his best performance of the season
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:10 am

RealGunner wrote:think this was one of his best performance of the season

Definitely not RG, this season goes back beyond just 2012, he was actually pretty good in some games before the turn of the year.

Last edited by Messiah "Aggerswagger" on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:04 am

ynwa wrote:Lucas it out for the season. 0.o

Anyway. Henderson has a good work rate, and was disciplined enough to play RB. Did well tonight.

Oh yea I kno.

Spearing there.

I just feel....what's the point playing Gerrard in the League?...let him rest up and take care of those injuries.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:02 am

I'm in the same boat Le. I've wanted to rest Stevie for a couple of weeks now. Can't see it happening though.

@RG: In 2012, I agree. But he's had more than a couple of good games in 2011 for it not to be considered the 'best' imo.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:46 pm

I would be surprised if the team set-up we saw on Tuesday carried on to the remainder of the league games. I'm pretty sure it was a line-up with an eye on the weekend's FA Cup semi-final (ironic that one of the most influential players we did send out on Tuesday got himself banned for the cup-tie :facepalm: ).

That said, I wouldn't be against playing a similar lineup (at least in midfield) for the remainder of the season. Albeit only for a limited amount of time, they have performed well as a midfield unit. I don't think it's the "risk" to the league standing some might think it to be. Their skill sets complement each other. Though none of them are world-beaters in their own right, together they can do a job for the club.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Do you think bringing in someone like Gatson Ramirez would jepordize his position at the club.

From the little I've seen I like Gatson Ramirez, but I'm wondering if it makes sense seeing as we have both Henderson and Jonjo.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 01, 2012 8:38 pm

Hopefully if another CM is brought in Shelvey can go out to a lower PL club for the full season and start consistently there. Henderson is only 21, so he doesn't need to be a starter right now. Spending some time as a squad player could do him good by taking some of the pressure off and allowing him to build his confidence up. He's played in every league game but 1 this season... that's a massive ask of a young player at a brand new club, especially Liverpool (and especially with the entire side performing as it has this season).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 03, 2012 7:31 am

Should he play against Chelsea?

Also does well against them, but has been below par in both of his Wembley appeareances. If played in the centre, I feel he should. If not... on the bench he goes.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 03, 2012 8:26 am

I guess it's either him or Spearing in the middle with Gerrard, I think I'd prefer Henderson.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Art Morte wrote:I guess it's either him or Spearing in the middle with Gerrard, I think I'd prefer Henderson.

That combination usually is great but don't you feel we need more defensive cover than that in the midfield?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 04, 2012 10:15 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I guess it's either him or Spearing in the middle with Gerrard, I think I'd prefer Henderson.

That combination usually is great but don't you feel we need more defensive cover than that in the midfield?

Tell Henderson and Gerrard to defend.
Spearing with his passing is going to give the ball away too often. That lad has to find his passing confidence in the summer and come back a better player next season, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat May 05, 2012 2:41 am

I'd much rather Henderson over Spearing... Jay is a CM. So is Henderson, but he has some tactical awareness. And a massive work rate.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Tell Henderson and Gerrard to defend.
Spearing with his passing is going to give the ball away too often. That lad has to find his passing confidence in the summer and come back a better player next season, imo.

How forking surprising, Spearing's pass giving the ball away, resulting in a counter-attack which puts us 1 - 0 behind in the FA cup final. I'm sorry, but I don't want this guy starting for us any longer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat May 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Wasn't even a pass, Spearing just screwed up a basic attempt to control the ball. To be fair though, Enrique and Reina were both at fault for that goal as well.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Enrique could have done with a yard more of pace, but not Reina's fault from that distance, imo.

Spearing... *sigh*
Used to really like him, being a scouse and all. But his passing and technique overall simply isn't good enough for this level. Mr. Lucas Leiva, please come back as good as you were.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat May 05, 2012 10:36 pm

There's almost always error involved when a keeper is beaten at his near post (the RvP volley notwithstanding).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat May 05, 2012 11:11 pm

Art Morte wrote:Enrique could have done with a yard more of pace, but not Reina's fault from that distance, imo.

Spearing... *sigh*
Used to really like him, being a scouse and all. But his passing and technique overall simply isn't good enough for this level. Mr. Lucas Leiva, please come back as good as you were.
Enrique was simply poor today...

It wasn't his pace that failed him. He turned and ran directly at Ramires instead of running with him to block off the angle. He was always going to be beaten doing that.

Spearing is at best a squad player, and it's looking like that's all he'll ever be. He's had his chance, and he's not been good enough. He can fill in for a game or two against weaker opposition, but when we come up against stronger sides, he simply falls flat.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon May 07, 2012 8:10 am

1) Spearing isn't scouse. He's "local" but not a scouser. He is only at the club because he came up through the academy.

2) He shouldn't have started. He was very poor yesterday and lost the midfield battle resulting in Gerrard having to play deeper... leaving Suarez isolated upfront.

3) He's only good with Lucas. He's been "average" at best without him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:22 am

LFC wrote:The midfielder fired his first of the campaign during the Reds' 4-2 extra-time victory over Notts County on Tuesday night and has carried an attacking threat in his two league appearances so far this term.

Marsh is confident Henderson can maintain that kind of form throughout 2013-14 and supplement the goals of Liverpool's attacking players by finding the net himself.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: "Jordan's been playing really well and took his goal well - nutmegged the player, burst through, the 'keeper has come out but he's shown a lot of composure and placed it in the corner.

"He's a real attacking threat, as you've seen in the pre-season games and against Stoke in the first game when he could have had two or three - he hit the woodwork and the 'keeper made a good save.

"He makes great runs into the box and has loads of energy - and if he keeps going like that, keeps driving into the box and timing his runs well, he should be heading for double figures this season.

"Jordan can play in a couple of positions and is really adaptable - he can play on the left, the right or in central midfield. Whatever position he's played in, he can use those forward runs to his advantage."
Glad we have a thread for the lad, I agree with this opinion that if Jordy starts most of the matches he will surely get more than 10 goals, he was only denied by Begovic otherwise he would have already got his first one. I believe that this is time he should really get some more recognition as a player. Also that players can lay off ball to him as they do it for Stivie.
That nutmeg against county to score 🙇Hendo :bow:

Last edited by HEIL MEIN REDS on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:08 pm

The 16milion for him looks well spent now :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:48 pm

McAgger wrote:The 16milion for him looks well spent now :bow:
His scenario reminds me of a particular DCM we have. Comon Hendo.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Think he'll be a victim of his own versatility. He's a bit of a jack off all trades. Can fill in at RB, RWB, RM, CM, CAM and either wing.

I don't think he has the quality to nail down a starting position long term, but he'll still play a lot of games.

We need him right now because he does a lot of Lucas and Gerrard's running.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:33 pm

Speaking about defensive side, he actually won the ball three time when he came against county in the span of some starting 6-7 min...

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:43 pm

Yeah, his energy is brilliant. Not refined enough to play as a DM, think he'd go chasing too much, but could be a very good player box to box player in the right system.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next